Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hate how people are bashing the event already. Not really on here but other sites. For god sakes the events not even open yet an they've only confirmed 3 houses. Give it a change an when it opens if you don't like then you can say it's no good.

I thought this mans quote from another forum was pretty spot on :lol:

The problem with HHN's is its almost too good. It's fans are among the hardest to please at times and are also the quickest to lose faith in the event. Want to go for a rollercoaster ride just read a HHN forum board. Each year it's the same story. First the website is awful, then the icon is picked apart, then houses are bad mouthed based on nothing more than its name, and by this time everyone talks about how last year can't be beat and this year doesn't stand a chance.

Finally opening day arrives and all of a sudden everyone is a haunted house expert picking apart lighting, effects, timing, actors, themes, and so on. Everyone begins to wonder is this the year the event crumbles? Is this it, have they lost there edge or creativity?

Then by the end of the event it's the best ever, attendance records are broken, revenue is up, and everyone cannot wait til next year because everyone knows the creative staff has another decade of content lined up and it's goons be the year HHN invades both parks again.

In closing if the fans truly knew what it takes to make this event a reality then they might have a little more respect and patience for the massive staff required to bring it to life each and every year.

Ehh. Any artform one has to pay for especially is going to be critiqued like that. Not every person that reviews a movie is an expert in each movie field of writing, props, sets and direction, but they know what they like and they pay to give it a chance. Some valid points but it sounds like a fanboy apologist stance. Some people may complain a lot and not be experts, but the day people don't have to pay to experience something than they have no right to critique it the way they do.

People may be harsh, but you just weed that stuff out as you read through any reviews and experience it for yourself.

Ehh. Any artform one has to pay for especially is going to be critiqued like that. Not every person that reviews a movie is an expert in each movie field of writing, props, sets and direction, but they know what they like and they pay to give it a chance. Some valid points but it sounds like a fanboy apologist stance. Some people may complain a lot and not be experts, but the day people don't have to pay to experience something than they have no right to critique it the way they do.

People may be harsh, but you just weed that stuff out as you read through any reviews and experience it for yourself.

I agree with that.
You can only go on what you have been given, so while it may not be the best way... it is the only way until the trickle downfinally starts flooding.
It's going to cost me a couple of pretty pennies to go so I will tend to be opinionated.

I mainly read the posts, rarely opine. I love this event. Living in Connecticut, it is a vacation to go down. A friend went For 16 and raved about it. I have gone ever since. Spoiled... stay in the park, and this year we had agreed NOT to go early in the year. That was until they announced Silent Hill. My wife was the one to start prodding me, this was NOT in vacation plans for the year. I'm a young 42 and LOVE Silent Hill. So needless to say we booked a short three day trip down to this years event! Rush of Fear pass was ideal for us (last weekend of september and feel we won't have to invest in an express pass like we always do). Been to opening weekend and it was real hot and honestly so far off from Halloween, but cost wise this was going to have to do. I am more than happy to see an Alice Cooper House, I really think this could be cool. The Walking Dead I'll give a shot, but the Zombie thing has been rehashed. One of our trips is to Vegas and last year was hoping for a Vegas Themed house, a P&T house can have Vegas Roots and can be interesting. I'm disappointed only 7 houses (understand why), but now I think the Scare Zones better be much better than years past. Fractured Tales, Skoolhouse and Asylum in Wonderland I thought were great for HHN 18 and I wish we can get some solid zones in that light. And finally on the topic just started about critiquing the event, it is an expensive event for out of staters to attend and you invest a LOT of money in a short amount of time with flight, hotel, tickets (express) and food and drink. This year being minus a house, the site not being as intriguing as past years (fun or suspenseful), the lack of an ICON or theme (yet) it makes one think long and hard before investing or once you did to hope that investment is full Filled!! Last year I thought the houses were real good and the Thing (like Wolfman) were Promo's to me and Wolfman turned out to be our favorite house. If I had any reservations on the event... I would skip. I think (and man do I HOPE!) that we will get seven immersive houses. I hope for the event that the Scare Zones improve, I have given up totally on Bill and Ted's, it just keeps getting worse.

themes are never going to come together. Last year concept of lady luck was fine, but houses never tied, they tried explain 'luck and decisions', but the houses were really good. That's all I look for. The Lady Luck Scare Zone was awful and not associated in a house, FEAR was just a photo op zone of past icons, he was lame. The Bloody Mary was a huge let down and she was the focal point.

I don't know I think there will be no icon of such nature this year. We are already past the point of an Icon like The Usher or Bloody Mary being introduced. Typically, those would of already been on the site and our minds now as we are less than two months away from opening night.

That's what I'm saying. It won't have any impact on the event itself, only the advertising.

I thought this mans quote from another forum was pretty spot on:

It's 100% true that HHN's fans are spoiled by how good it is. Remember last year's tweetup,where the the thing that got the biggest reaction of the night was a hoodie? They put so much effort into this event with so much detail and when they finally showed it off, it was overshadowed by a jacket. Because things like a Spanish fort invaded by sailor zombies or demon nurse monsters attacking soliders during WW1 are the norm for an event this good.

Regardless, I 100% believe that this year's HHN will be good. Anyone who's complaining now is looking for things to complain about. Wait until October, THEN tell me how bad "X" property is for a house.

agree totally! an ICON or theme has done nothing over the past several years really good in park. It's always been the meat and taters of scare zones and houses. Sure its fun leading up (call it advertising!), but already being booked I look to what is in store. The creative team already has everything place... I'd be stunned if things were not set. It's a matter of release and THEIR timing. If we had our way we'd know the next years event during the final stages of this years event! With a movie / video game franchise, a rocker (the man is deeper than everyone might realize!), a TV series, a pair of entertainers that are better than people who have not seen realize... it's kind of tied in with entertainment. Somehow a Dead Exposure House does not fit (photography as an art / media?) but am looking forward to that house as a possibility. I really take the details of the house in as much as posible and don't get scared at all (wife does and thats my joy!), I look deeper into the house especially a second or third time thru. I actually hope sticking to movies, off broadway they would sneak an evil Dead... scare zone at least! Know it isn't happening... BUT... wishful?

is there any word or idea that some of the houses may spill out into the scarezones. truthfully i have done some the houses in the past but i'm not a huge fan of them, love horror and the whole idea but had bad experiences and hate being rushed so i'd hate to miss some of the stuff from the likes of silent hill or walking dead

is there any word or idea that some of the houses may spill out into the scarezones. truthfully i have done some the houses in the past but i'm not a huge fan of them, love horror and the whole idea but had bad experiences and hate being rushed so i'd hate to miss some of the stuff from the likes of silent hill or walking dead

That sums up theme park haunts.