Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey everyone,
I'm new here and this may have been covered in a previous post, but I was intrigued by looking at the houses in this year's event.... which might lead to some sort of a theme. It seems to me that each of the houses comes from a different part of the media... For example...
The Walking Dead - Popular TV Show
Silent Hill - Popular Video Game
Alice Cooper - Popular Music
Penn and Teller - Popular Live Show

This may be just nothing, but with the possibility of that classic moster house (Popular Movies), I could see a sort of theme where a character tries to unite all parts of the media. The only thing that is really missing is a popular book haunt (Like a Steven King haunt?). It's not that I necessarily like the large number of non-universal inspired haunts, but this could explain it.... possibly. It's just my two cents.

Hey everyone,
I'm new here and this may have been covered in a previous post, but I was intrigued by looking at the houses in this year's event.... which might lead to some sort of a theme. It seems to me that each of the houses comes from a different part of the media... For example...
The Walking Dead - Popular TV Show
Silent Hill - Popular Video Game
Alice Cooper - Popular Music
Penn and Teller - Popular Live Show

This may be just nothing, but with the possibility of that classic moster house (Popular Movies), I could see a sort of theme where a character tries to unite all parts of the media. The only thing that is really missing is a popular book haunt (Like a Steven King haunt?). It's not that I necessarily like the large number of non-universal inspired haunts, but this could explain it.... possibly. It's just my two cents.

It's an interesting idea... but it doesn't quite matchup with our other two rumored houses (Gargoyles and Victorian Haunted House).

Is SH going to feature anything from the new movie, or is it based on the new movie?
I started watching the original movie... meh. I guess I will try to watch it again, before I send it back.

Is SH going to feature anything from the new movie, or is it based on the new movie?
I started watching the original movie... meh. I guess I will try to watch it again, before I send it back.

The new movie is itself based on SH 3 to a great degree. From what I've heard it will use elements from everything Silent Hill (movies and games).

Sure, but I guess it comes down to how much inspiration came from the source. We'll take Poe and Catacombs for example.

Catacombs was inspired by the events of the Black Plague, and UC created their interpretation of the plague.
Poe was inspired by the literary works of Poe, and how UC made those pages come to life in their eyes; which in my eyes, is an IP.

I believe Poe is beyond copyright and is therefore not one persons property; it isn't an IP. The works of Spielberg, Elton, I.M. Pei are IP's.

I believe Poe is beyond copyright and is therefore not one persons property; it isn't an IP. The works of Spielberg, Elton, I.M. Pei are IP's.

Well yes, we know it isn't an "IP" in the technical sense of course. We're referring to the HHN subculture and diehards who are for the most part very against "IP"s which has come to mean basing haunts on properties such as books, movies, shows, and music. It's basically become a general term to describe anything that isn't "original". Poe isn't an "IP" in the literal sense... but in the creative sense that is usually what the fans are talking about.

Getting nitpicky here, but all things are "inspired by another source". Corinthian columns were inspired by another source. IP's used here really mean any commercially pertinent franchise that has a name and continues to be a big financially viable product.

The point with "IP" houses as used in the HHN, rather than the purely legal, sense is that someone not connected with Universal maintains veto power over what is done in the house. I am sure that The Powers That Be over TWD have made sure certain scenes are definitely included, and are also adamant that certain things not be shown. I think the theory of anti-IP fans is that this somehow stifles creativity.

Personally, I disagree. We've seen strong IP houses over the years ("Nightmare on Elm Street" springs to mind), as well as weak original houses. But this is why TWD and Silent Hill are considered "IP" houses but Poe and the classic monsters and the various "inspired by" houses over the years are not.

New video from Dr. Jimmy which apparently gives clues detailing the scarezones or roaming hordes for this years event. Clues are:

If I had to guess...

1) Inception kick gone wrong?
2) Michael Jackson (No brainer).
3) Voldermort came back, yo!
4) I'm with Bri. Brave Little Toaster.
5) The Hills have Eyes?
6) Cabin in the Woods (I know it had no correlation with the title, but let me dream)
7) Dane Cook
8) Wizard of Oz has the Lollipop Guild, and they've been known to incorporate Oz before. Then again, 50 Cent went to the candy shop so it's a toss up.

New hint

How about a little bit more…we don’t want to give it all away, what fun is there in that? But here’s a little tease to get your skin crawling…

386994_10151033508948233_527787589_n.jpg

I mean, the pic points to Dead Silence, but it can't be it.

But.......

It could be part of the 100 Years of Horror house.

I wouldn't mind that at all. And it would make perfect sense. I loveloveloveloved Dead Silence. A small return like this would be welcome in my book. :wave: