Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still think most of you are seriously overestimating the appeal of DM to an HHN crowd. This is not a theme park junkie crowd--this is a ton of Dr. Phillips high school kids and UCF frat boys and horror junkies. It's easy to lose sight of when you've just left a serious discussion of the aesthetics of Princess Ariel's new castle, but DM is a kids' ride--most HHN guests are actively opposed to kids' rides. Throw in the large number of FFPs who come just for HHN, not the rides (especially one that offers the exact same experience as during the day), and I just don't see it being that popular.

No HHN gets a wide variety of people that go to the event besides UCF frat boys and Dr. Philip's high school kids. It's a new attraction an people are going to swarm that ride especially on peak nights. Just wait when you go an see the wait time for the ride.

:iagree: I also think that even the high school kids and UCF students will go on the ride as well. For a lot of people, HHN is the only time they go to Universal all year, so they will want to take the opportunity to go on the new ride. The ride/movie is also very popular among teens and young adults; it's not just for children.

Yeah I'm 21 an absolutely love the movie. I have a set of minions right by my TV along with a movie poster. :p

New rumors from Wesker69 on the interwebs:

New Rumor:
San Francisco, Central Park & Kidzone WILL be "themed" SZs with set details. No word yet on Sting Alley.
Hollywood & NY are rumored to have something, but obviously whatever would be in these two locations will have to be "moveable" before/after the event each night.

Stilts will be in MIB,KZ,CP,NY & In a house .

Death Drums won't be back, leaving the shows as B&T, Lagoon (rumored), and something in Beetlejuice.

Stilts in a house? To me, it screams Silent Hill or Gargoyles, if the Gargoyles rumor is true. Silent Hill comes to mind because of Pyramid Head.

There were also stilts in Vampyr 2 if I'm not mistaken, and everyone also said chainsaws and houses couldn't be done as well...

AND, I'd like to note that HHN never has been UCF and Dr. Phillip's exclusive. It's never been Orlando exclusive. I almost feel insulted by being put under the blanket statement of you either have to be a frat boy or a high school kid to enjoy the event.

There were also stilts in Vampyr 2 if I'm not mistaken, and everyone also said chainsaws and houses couldn't be done as well...

AND, I'd like to note that HHN never has been UCF and Dr. Phillip's exclusive. It's never been Orlando exclusive. I almost feel insulted by being put under the blanket statement of you either have to be a frat boy or a high school kid to enjoy the event.

its for drunk frat boys and people like me that hate drunk frat boys.

also i really need universal to have zombie minions.

Eh, I think it's a lot less for drunken frat boys than every one thinks, and I think there are a lot less there than everyone thinks too. That's from someone who has been on the other side.

its for drunk frat boys and people like me that hate drunk frat boys.

also i really need universal to have zombie minions.

Everyone that is/has been in fraternity arn't the central problem like everyone seems to think. Most of the drunkest and most obnoxious people I have seen at HHN have been older.

I really hope that Rocky Horror comes back to Beetlejuice. Does anybody think that that is a possibility?

Doubtful. They let the rights to the show lapse after they used it last, and I got the sense the meager crowds it seemed to draw didn't justify the cost or the guest complaints (only in America, people have no problem letting their 13-year-old see blood and gore, but freaked the hell out because a stage show had a transvestite--yeah, apparently this happened quite a bit).

Also, they'd likely use local actors, and we'd have heard about auditions by now. There is a local RHPS troupe in Orlando, but they were not used previously.

I never said it was exclusively those (extremely stereotyped) groups--in fact, I believed I specifically mentioned "fanbois who post on theme park message boards" as a small but notable contingent of guests who don't fall into that group. And I don't mean literally every HHN attendee goes to either one school or the other. I would posit, however, that a pluality--perhaps the majority--of HHN guests fall in a certain age and socioeconomic range typified (in Orlando) by the groups I mentioned. Just as I'd be willing to assume the members of said group were more likely to see The Expendables 2 than Hope Floats this weekend, I'm assuming DM:MM will not hold a lot of appeal to them. I could be wrong--it's the best ride ever to occupy that space--but I doubt I am.