Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am sorry to be negative, I know the event will be great and fun as always. But that website,,ugh, one of the worst I have see Universal do. I hope they saved all the budget for the houses. No music, no cool games, well, maybe it's early, I will stay tuned. But today's website is not very exciting IMO.

There were games last year...and the website was terrible, IMO. I think we're still going to get games and story, but through no-traditional channels.

And even if we don't, the current website and the street experiences really have me pumped.

And I was told from a reliable source that Cinespec will somehow tie into what's going on in the streets.

I am sorry to be negative, I know the event will be great and fun as always. But that website,,ugh, one of the worst I have see Universal do. I hope they saved all the budget for the houses. No music, no cool games, well, maybe it's early, I will stay tuned. But today's website is not very exciting IMO.

I agree, except I am not sorry for being negative.

It better not be zombies...won't make sense.

Probably from the crypt in the Victorian house. I'm not really excited about this year so far. Walking Dead lost stream in season 1 for me. The Universal Monster house just sounds like they're cramming Wolfman, Dracula, and Frank from HHNXIX into a singular house...eh. I'm looking more forward to Penn and Teller's house. HHN won me over to 3D last year.

I personally will miss the scare zones not so much for the scare factor but for the atmosphere they provided while walking around the park. I wasnt really impressed with HOS last year with their roaming hordes and no scare zones, It left a lot of the park just dull to me, especially going into areas with no hordes around. From what I gather USH will still haves ome zone type areas so curious to see how they put it all together.

I really hope the hordes are allowed to roam wherever they please. If it's not spontaneous it won't be as good.

I wanna see two hordes accidentally cross paths and all hell breaks loose!

Also: imagine walking around a corner and BAM! Horde of zombies!

Reactions: Cwoolboy
It's like the Hollywood site and the orlando sites traded places this year, holy crap.
And the street experience will either be a rousing success (like Howl O Scream's system last year) or a miserable failure (HHN 17's "THE WHOLE PARK IS AN SCAREZONE!...but not really)

Last edited:

Agreed. Nothing against the actual dimension aspect of the event. Loving the concepts this year even with the understandable seven houses. What has been lacking as said have been their online presence. That goes for Busch this year too. Although it starts off good Busch just goes into general descriptions. I miss the websites that had more backstories and were not too self aware as just descriptions. The ones that if nothing else, could deliver chills through eerie soundtracks and surprises.

After checking out the website (yes, it's very.....bare bones??? Don't think we'll be getting much more from it to be honest....maybe a few games and a commercial), I think my favorite part of the event will probably be the streets. Sounds to me like Universal is actually going to make me run this year, CAN'T WAIT!!!! I want these hoardes to chase me down and make me scream for my mommy DARN IT!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN UNI!!!!!

I really hope the hordes are allowed to roam wherever they please. If it's not spontaneous it won't be as good.

I wanna see two hordes accidentally cross paths and all hell breaks loose!

Also: imagine walking around a corner and BAM! Horde of zombies!

No way they'll be able to. They'll more than likely have set locations that they go to at a certain time.

Last night's announcement was fairly underwhelming compared to past years'. As other have said, it just felt thrown together with no effort. However, now that the website has launched with the main details, I'm much more excited for the event.

I still think P&T are going to have the best house of the year. Each of the houses sound promising though and I'm excited for Gothic after yesterday's comments.

I'm excited to see the new "street experiences." I think it's an interesting idea that can potentially make the event a whole lot better. I wonder if the legions will have their camps/bases for a good photo op, but really looking forward to the roaming around and unexpected scares.

- Penn & Teller's house is looking really appealing to me right now.
- Alice Cooper's also looks very interesting and I think it could be one of the best this year.
- Dead End sounds generic, but I think it might be great. I like the concept pic with stairs. I like stairs :p
- I'm wondering about Universal's House of Horrors... Could it be a whole house of black & white, like literally everywhere and everything is in gray scale? And maybe lots of parts with strobes? Could be interesting and disorienting.
- I like all things gothic style, so I'm looking forward to Gothic, but I'm wondering about the scareactors here. What can there be other than gargoyles?
- I haven't seen a single episode of Walking Dead, or played/seen much of Silent Hill, but they look pretty promising.

Overall, I like everything so far. I'm not too concerned with the shows; they're the bottom of my HHN priorities. I'll check em out, but they won't make or break my HHN experience.

Or you know...HHN fans are just the whiniest bunch of whiners that have ever whined.

Instead of putting stuff up on the website, they put stuff up on Facebook/Twitter...I don't really get what the big deal is. At all.

Agreed and agreed! The official site has the same info/pics from what was on FB. Only a couple new teaser pics from some of the houses, and the new arrangement for the street scares.

Bleh! I miss the old animated websites, with lengthy descriptions and back stories, Easter eggs, lots of art, etc. The old sites really did create more interest, anticipation and excitement for me.

I obviously will attend and I'm pretty certain that I'll love the event because Uni Creative does a great job every year and their stuff is top notch. But come on Uni...

And I was told from a reliable source that Cinespec will somehow tie into what's going on in the streets.

That'd be AWESOME!

Last edited:
Did anybody else notice a constant reference to the "Iniquitus"? To me, it sounds like a perfect name for the Icon...
Rooted in evil these are the patrons of death, and were the first to rise from the cemetery. They’ve summoned the Dark Legions to join them in a night of carnage as they feast upon the living.
I know its not just one thing but then again, since when was HHN doing things traditionally this year?

For what it's worth, the voice that was heard on the phone call today sound different than the previous two, but had several different voice tones. I'm thinking "Legion".

From what it sounds like, the "Legions of Horror" are all the different groups combined, while the Iniquitus is the driving force behind conducting the mayhem, so only natural that there would be one leader of them right? The leader of the darkness?

I think the Iniquitus are our "Icon". And I'm cool with that. A&D is pretty spot on with making cool groups of demons with great back stories. Body Collectors, Nightingales, now Iniquitus. Sounds good to me.

- - - Updated - - -

"Walkers" have been removed from the list of Legions...

I think the new street experience is going to be a lot like the old one, it's just not going to be on the map. It seems like all the zones on the map we had a few weeks ago correspond perfectly. Cemetery in Central Park, Prisoners by Animal Actors, etc. Expect them to be where it says, just don't expect it to be on the actual map they give you.

I really do hope a group of characters from each legion will roam or rotate around the park, and encounter and interact with other legions. And also hope some remain around their main area for photo ops. Win-Win.

"Walkers" have been removed from the list of Legions...

Never saw them on the list :shrug: They sound like they belong in and around the Walking Dead house.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cwoolboy