Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
why is there even that long of a wait for Express? Are they overselling them this year?

When should I try to do the regualr line instead of the Express Line?

Seems like they are over selling them from what others have written on the boards here. I wonder if a lot more people have purchased the Frequent Fear passes with the Express add on this year combined with the mix of separate express passes purchased for those nights that is causing a back up also.

You want to use the regular line when they are as short as possible like when they first open up for the night before the huge crowds get in. It just depends on the night and the crowds. For example if its 7:30 -8 and I saw a house that had a 20-30min wait for the regular line I wouldn't use the express on that one just yet and would wait in the regular line, I would wait until later in the night for when that house was 60 min then and use the express at that point. Its pretty much a gut call and your decision on how long of a regular line you want to wait in.

Last edited:
just curious (and thanks again for answering all my questions)...is there a wait time for "express"? What if there are more express people then regualr people in line? Is there anyway to tell?

just curious (and thanks again for answering all my questions)...is there a wait time for "express"? What if there are more express people then regualr people in line? Is there anyway to tell?

There is no posted wait time for express. There are almost never more express people than regular people in the line (though I did observe an instance of this at Alice Cooper during my visit - this appeared to be a fluke with the single scanner not being able to keep up with demand). Generally, once you walk out to the main staging area of the queue, you'll be able to quickly gauge how many express people are in the line. Penn & Teller's express queue will likely appear particularly daunting - don't be too concerned if the switchbacks here are filled, you'll be in the house within 15 minutes or so.

Express should work just like it would for the rides during the day or even like Fastpass at Disney but with out the return time window. Theoretically you should have a minimal wait but have read some of the opposite like Fallow mentioned.

ok, thanks again guys...one last question..

Where do you receommend getting a bite to eat in the park? Probably won't have time to eat before the event. Will I need reservations to sit at a bar at that Irish Pub? I don't need table service, but I don't want to eat chicken fingers either.

Where do you receommend getting a bite to eat in the park? Probably won't have time to eat before the event. Will I need reservations to sit at a bar at that Irish Pub? I don't need table service, but I don't want to eat chicken fingers either.

Finnegan's will be packed for the first hour or so HHN is open since many Stay N Stream guests eat there during the "lockdown" period. If you wait a while, you shouldn't need a reservation... but for quicker service with good food, I recommend Louie's across the way in NY. Delicious pizza by the slice and some yummy salads, too!

They also set up food vendors on the streets that serve some different stuff you can give a try during the event. Im not sure what all they have but I could swear I saw a taco truck someone posted a picture of either on Twitter or Facebook

Yeah, I was thinking of eating after we finish up the Walking Dead House. Which will be our 3rd or 4th house..so around 7:30-8:00. Want to place we can sit down and have a drink.

If you are doing Stay & Scream, get to Finnegan's before the park closes & you won't have any trouble getting something to eat before. We do that every time (last 4 years) & have had no problems getting out of there when they let you back into the park.

Yeah, I was thinking of eating after we finish up the Walking Dead House. Which will be our 3rd or 4th house..so around 7:30-8:00. Want to place we can sit down and have a drink.

cheese steaks over by Amnimal Actors is where we go.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed! The express lines have steadily gotten longer over the years but this year is out of control. Last night I waited 35 mins for Silent Hill. I have waited over 20 mins at least 75% of the time I've been through any of the houses. I have literally seen the stand bye line smoke the express line on multiple occasions.

And to add to the wait time issues, the conga line patrol in the houses are out of control. Last night in House of Horrors, TWD, and the worst of all Silent Hill was terrible show. The conga nazis were yelling at guests to hurry up, keep up, stay right behind this person, you have to walk faster, your going to slow and so on. One idiot was yelling at guests in Silent Hill just before Pyramid Head to keep up and completely ruining the experience. I purposely slowed down and held the line up as long as I could. It was really the first time I've ever been truly upset with the conga line nazis. Last night may have been my last HHN for a while...

I am going to talk to a friend of mine about creating an official Halloween Horror Nights Conga Line Nazi Tshirt. Something along the lines of the only truly scary thing in this haunted house is the idiot dressed in black playing line monitor. Yeah not catchy I know but I have 11 months to work it out.

Nothing piises me off more than being told to keep moving when the line isn't.

They also set up food vendors on the streets that serve some different stuff you can give a try during the event. Im not sure what all they have but I could swear I saw a taco truck someone posted a picture of either on Twitter or Facebook

The Taco Truck is really good! It's usually parked near International Food and Film Festival.

They have Korean BBQ, Baja Shrimp, or Beef Tacos. You get two tacos and some tortilla chips.

Yeah they have parked it over their until work begins on Springfield.

that's what I thought....sounds like a good place to grab a quick bite at the bar.

It normally is. However, during HHN (actually starting around 4:00) they take away all the bar stools. That said, table service is still very fast, at least if you ask for Tom as your server.

I have a question, I'm going this Sunday, would it be fine for me to buy the tickets early on Sunday without having problems getting in that night? Or do I have to buy them a few days in advance. I was going to do the Florida Resident Coke/Burger King UPC deal.

You may want to check HHN web site, not sure if you are able to buy a discounted ticket on the day of the event. You should be able to but just double check that. You also run the risk of them selling out but not sure the likelyhood that may happen