Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn't do AP. Stay and Scream had a good crowd for the Lucy and Finnegan's locations though. In Lucy, we walked into M&M no problem. In NY, everyone made a beeline to FVJ and that house jumped up to 30(?) min immediately.

Out of all the years I have gone, I have never done the Lucy area S&S, might have to this year.

@BriMan how did the AP/S&S work out? Saw AP looking like it was super packed and seeing how 2 of those houses back there are on the bottom of the rating poll I might just skip AP this weekend and go S&S since that side has more of the houses im interested in anyways.
Yeah, I did the AP and it ruined how I toured my night. I started with TWD because my brother likes the show and continued with The Purge as it was next to it... completely messed us up as by the time we got to the front, the GP had been let in and lines were forming. My mind slipped and I forgot about FvJ (as I had 100% been avoiding anything to do with HHN lately to avoid spoilers) so we got into the AWIL line and then M&M.

By the time we passed FvJ, it was at 90 mins. Decided to do Body Collectors instead and ended up never walking through FvJ all night.

Reactions: SeventyOne
@BriMan how did the AP/S&S work out? Saw AP looking like it was super packed and seeing how 2 of those houses back there are on the bottom of the rating poll I might just skip AP this weekend and go S&S since that side has more of the houses im interested in anyways.

Did AP Friday night. Was not worth it unless you ignored the crowd, went to Insidious (didn't realize that was an option). Disorganized cattle call, TWD and Purge instantly had hour-long waits. There are just too many APs for this to work anymore.

Saturday, Finns was packed, but not the worst I've seen it. Most beelined for FvJ, but the Friends of OU went counter to the crowd and did AWiL with minimal wait, then able to walk right into Body Collectors.

Reactions: Brian G.
I say increase FFP by $5-$10 and include the RoF dates into it.

I agree a price hike is in order, but more along the lines of, say $100. Look at what a daytime AP costs--outside Theme Park Twitter, how many people use that 20 days in a year? But it sure seems like RoF/FFP get their money's worth. I don't know how a multi-day pass is anything less than $200, probably should be more.

Reactions: Clive
Yeah, I did the AP and it ruined how I toured my night. I started with TWD because my brother likes the show and continued with The Purge as it was next to it... completely messed us up as by the time we got to the front, the GP had been let in and lines were forming. My mind slipped and I forgot about FvJ (as I had 100% been avoiding anything to do with HHN lately to avoid spoilers) so we got into the AWIL line and then M&M.

By the time we passed FvJ, it was at 90 mins. Decided to do Body Collectors instead and ended up never walking through FvJ all night.

Yeah, I like to get a jump on a few houses before the masses come in but the AP houses don't do much for me from the sound of it, well besides Insidious, which im really excited to see. Id much rather get the sound stage houses in early and use express for them again later in the night

Yeah, I did the AP and it ruined how I toured my night. I started with TWD because my brother likes the show and continued with The Purge as it was next to it... completely messed us up as by the time we got to the front, the GP had been let in and lines were forming.

This is exactly what happened to me on Friday night! Did TWD first because I knew it was going to be one of the busiest houses all night and I just wanted to get it done before it got crowded, but the line ended up being about 30 mins by the time they opened up the lines just for the holding area. The Purge's line was a bit shorter but still a lot longer than I would have expected for so early in the evening.

This is my first year as someone going multiple nights and this was my first opening weekend. Is it always this busy for the first Friday and Saturday? I figured the answer is yes but the way people are talking about the crowds is making me wonder. I guess this upcoming weekend will shine some light on whether or not the large crowds here to stay.

This is my first year as someone going multiple nights and this was my first opening weekend. Is it always this busy for the first Friday and Saturday? I figured the answer is yes but the way people are talking about the crowds is making me wonder. I guess this upcoming weekend will shine some light on whether or not the large crowds here to stay.

I remember years ago opening weekend was manageable and nothing like present day. Event has grown quite a bit

Yeah, I like to get a jump on a few houses before the masses come in but the AP houses don't do much for me from the sound of it, well besides Insidious, which im really excited to see. Id much rather get the sound stage houses in early and use express for them again later in the night
Insidious seemed like it was around 90 mins most of the night, we did it at a 30 min clip as we walked in after the 11:15 B&T ended around 11:50. It wasn't my favorite house by a long shot, but it was a first impression so I can hardly speak to quality yet (although I think I have a pretty firm grasp that TWD sucks).

Part of my bad impression with the house came from one of the actors that actually took their mask off to take a picture with the people in front of me as I said earlier in the thread, so that left a sour taste. However, I just think I don't get a lot of scares much of the time as i'm not the type of person the actors go after. I don't look like i'll be easily scared.

I agree a price hike is in order, but more along the lines of, say $100. Look at what a daytime AP costs--outside Theme Park Twitter, how many people use that 20 days in a year? But it sure seems like RoF/FFP get their money's worth. I don't know how a multi-day pass is anything less than $200, probably should be more.
No way would it be worth a $100 price hike. This FFP pass is only good for 24 nights total, keep in mind a good number of those nights are week nights so knock off about 60% of those. With our 3 FFP+Express passes that we bought we are definitely going 9 nights. I think they are doing pretty good right there along with all the merch they are getting. HHN tickets are also cheaper than a typical day pass. If they increased it by $100 I wouldn't get it, not a chance. The FF ticket doesn't apply to me anymore since we have a family and that means school and stuff so most those weekdays just won't happen.

I'll take another minor price hike if it means that the RoF uncertainty isn't a problem anymore.

As for AP usage, I bet you we have at least 20 folks on this site that go to one of the parks more than 20 times a year. When we had Disney AP we went at least 40 times, staying at a hotel most of them. I would say USR we go to an average of 50 times a year on the low side and stay at a hotel several times as well.

No way would it be worth a $100 price hike. This FFP pass is only good for 24 nights total, keep in mind a good number of those nights are week nights so knock off about 60% of those. With our 3 FFP+Express passes that we bought we are definitely going 9 nights. I think they are doing pretty good right there along with all the merch they are getting. HHN tickets are also cheaper than a typical day pass. If they increased it by $100 I wouldn't get it, not a chance. The FF ticket doesn't apply to me anymore since we have a family and that means school and stuff so most those weekdays just won't happen.

I'll take another minor price hike if it means that the RoF uncertainty isn't a problem anymore.

As for AP usage, I bet you we have at least 20 folks on this site that go to one of the parks more than 20 times a year. When we had Disney AP we went at least 40 times, staying at a hotel most of them. I would say USR we go to an average of 50 times a year on the low side and stay at a hotel several times as well.

You not getting it is what they're counting on.

They're trying to curb the amount of people getting them, because FFP are paying the least and are eating up valuable park resources.

I foresee a Hollywood situation in a couple years if not sooner... a single "multi-night" pass, with about 12 nights, no Fridays, along with possible expensive weekend passes.

We probably go to Disney about 30 times, Universal about 15-20.

Then with HHN that almost rivals the amount of days I would normally go to Uni throughout the entire year.

I foresee a Hollywood situation in a couple years if not sooner... a single "multi-night" pass, with about 12 nights, no Fridays, along with possible expensive weekend passes.
It's actually kind of amazing they haven't yet, seeing as Hollywood is more of a locals event and Orlando is much more of a tourist-centric event.

I think it'd be insane to sell the Frequent Fear passes at nearly the same prices as the normal Annual Passes.

I think it'd be insane to sell the Frequent Fear passes at nearly the same prices as the normal Annual Passes.

Again... and I hate to say this... if that's your reaction, then theoretically you wouldn't be the target audience of the new Frequent Fear Pass.

This current model isn't sustainable. It wasn't in Hollywood, it isn't here.

The regular FF pass wouldn't be if you upped it by $100. It would be $194.99... Power Pass is $214.99. So yes, near a low-level AP (one that doesn't include parking).

But then you have to remember in some cases, Frequent Fear already IS more expensive. FF + Express is $244.99. FF Plus + Express is $297.99. Even the RoF + Express is $229.99... and that's only for 3 weeks!

I would say Orlando's is pretty local's heavy as well. But im also considering South Florida as being "local" for the most part
Orlando's is local heavy too, but it draws in a hell of a lot of tourists too. Hollywood certainly doesn't come close.

I think the main reason for the difference is because Hollywood is limited on parking.