Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it'd be insane to sell the Frequent Fear passes at nearly the same prices as the normal Annual Passes.

Agreed.

As an APH with a FF+(no express), I agree my ticket was a total steal at $105 and I'd see no issue paying an additional $25-50 next year if 2016 has an equally solid lineup, but $200+? No way. Getting rid of ROF seems like a wiser decision that wouldn't lead to as much uproar.

The regular FF pass wouldn't be if you upped it by $100. It would be $194.99... Power Pass is $214.99. So yes, near a low-level AP (one that doesn't include parking).

But then you have to remember in some cases, Frequent Fear already IS more expensive. FF + Express is $244.99. FF Plus + Express is $297.99. Even the RoF + Express is $229.99... and that's only for 3 weeks!

I would say you'd have to compare the Frequent/Rush of Fear with Express to a roughly equivalent annual pass product, which would be the Premier Pass that includes Express after 4 PM, sold at $429.99 for Florida residents.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I would say you'd have to compare the Frequent/Rush of Fear with Express to a roughly equivalent annual pass product, which would be the Premier Pass that includes Express after 4 PM, sold at $429.99 for Florida residents.
I'd say only the FF Plus is comparable because you can go almost everyday (still no Saturdays). But that's $300 for 24 nights compared to $430 for unlimited daily entry PLUS a free HHN ticket. Still not a big difference and it'll only go up. The price jumps have been huge the past few years.

Again... and I hate to say this... if that's your reaction, then theoretically you wouldn't be the target audience of the new Frequent Fear Pass.

This current model isn't sustainable. It wasn't in Hollywood, it isn't here.

This is a completely different dynamic than Hollywood. There's much more flexibility for handling capacity and creating more offerings that can handle more people. But to say that there'd be a large enough "target audience" who would find the same value at $200+ for a Frequent Fear pass as they feel there is for an annual pass in the same price point range is, again, insane.

Out of all the years I have gone, I have never done the Lucy area S&S, might have to this year.

Same here. I need to find out more about this area. Is it just standing room only? What are the boundries? Any places to sit, food options. I like Finnegans because if you get there early enough you can get a seat at the bar or at at least around it. Drink and apps are also another plus. If Hello Kitty is a SRO location, I'm not sure it would work but would love it for early entry to M&M at least one night this week. Probably the AP nights.

You not getting it is what they're counting on.

They're trying to curb the amount of people getting them, because FFP are paying the least and are eating up valuable park resources.

I foresee a Hollywood situation in a couple years if not sooner... a single "multi-night" pass, with about 12 nights, no Fridays, along with possible expensive weekend passes.
I think you are reading more into it than what is there. I think most people that get the FFP pass are buying it in lieu of a FF pass because it has Fridays. Most of the event Friday is the only night I can go.

I know that there is some significant costs that go into HHN, but I do not think they are looking into alienating their die hard attendees. I feel that the last night being re-added to FF is indicative of that.

I did the AP event Friday and S&S Saturday at Lucy and had a MUCH better experience Saturday. Lucy is small, just the sidewalk area in front of the building and there is only a drink cart nearby, but there were so few people and we walked right into M&M. FvJ was already swamped from Finn's by the time I exited M&M, so I walked over to Body Collectors and then AWiL and had done 3 houses in less than an hour.

I did the AP event Friday and S&S Saturday at Lucy and had a MUCH better experience Saturday. Lucy is small, just the sidewalk area in front of the building and there is only a drink cart nearby, but there were so few people and we walked right into M&M. FvJ was already swamped from Finn's by the time I exited M&M, so I walked over to Body Collectors and then AWiL and had done 3 houses in less than an hour.

Did they let out any of the scare actors while you waited or able to get a quick glimpse of the opening scaremony ?

I think it'd be insane to sell the Frequent Fear passes at nearly the same prices as the normal Annual Passes.

It would be insane. I also think it's insane that I paid $285 for one this year, or that people flock to Food & Wine to pay $6 for a shot of beer. The market will bear some strange things, tho. A $10 price hike isn't going to deter people. A $100 hike clearly will. That will drive down crowds which needs to be the priority.

Reactions: Clive
Definitely helped, but I think Potter making it "cool" for Disney kids to own a Universal AP and Disney doing away with nighttime entertainment options played a huge role as well.
I know Disney has cut a multitude of things, but what nighttime entertainment have they cut? If anything they've been adding with the fairly recent (2-3 years) Celebrate the Magic and the upcoming Rivers of Light and other DAK offerings.

I know Disney has cut a multitude of things, but what nighttime entertainment have they cut? If anything they've been adding with the fairly recent (2-3 years) Celebrate the Magic and the upcoming Rivers of Light and other DAK offerings.

Pleasure Island. A certain adventurous locale there used to be lifestyler center. I've lost count of how many regulars there--some of whom used to mock me for my HHN addiction--now are at Universal every FFP night.

It would be insane. I also think it's insane that I paid $285 for one this year, or that people flock to Food & Wine to pay $6 for a shot of beer. The market will bear some strange things, tho. A $10 price hike isn't going to deter people. A $100 hike clearly will. That will drive down crowds which needs to be the priority.
I think $100 is a bit much, but I think $40-$50 isn't out of the question. I think that would be pushing the market to it's limits though.

Pleasure Island. A certain adventurous locale there used to be lifestyler center. I've lost count of how many regulars there--some of whom used to mock me for my HHN addiction--now are at Universal every FFP night.
Oh, well yeah. Disney definitely fed into the locals HHN addiction by getting rid of Pleasure Island.

Last edited:
I think $100 is a bit much, but I think $40-$50 isn't out of the question. I think that would be pushing the market to it's limits though.

Even at 9 nights--I believe Mr. Roamer's proposed number from earlier in the thread--$200 pass works out to around $20/night. That's not bad compared to a movie or cover charge at CityWalk/downtown. The current rate of maybe $5/night is just too low--even with a coupon, Legends gets double that for a single house!

So trying to wrap my head around it but why Universal want to thin crowds out for HHN? More crowds essentially means more $$$ and isn't that really the end game for Universal? I get it from a guest point of view as well as an team member point of view and the struggle the larger crowds can bring but I would have to think Universal wants to bring in as many guests as possible right?

Reactions: Shucker

Thanks for the info. I should have asked earlier but what time do they start banding you at Kitty? What we may do is drop into Finns early enough for a couple Guiness then move our way back up to the front of the park around 5:15. I'm sure the wife could handle sitting on a curb for 30 min. Maybe. :pray:

Even at 9 nights--I believe Mr. Roamer's proposed number from earlier in the thread--$200 pass works out to around $20/night. That's not bad compared to a movie or cover charge at CityWalk/downtown. The current rate of maybe $5/night is just too low--even with a coupon, Legends gets double that for a single house!
You are right.

And imo, Universal is severely under-selling their parks, AP's should probably start at around $300 minimum (but don't tell them I said that...). I do wonder what type of ticket restructuring they will do once VB opens.

So trying to wrap my head around it but why Universal want to thin crowds out for HHN? More crowds essentially means more $$$ and isn't that really the end game for Universal? I get it from a guest point of view as well as an team member point of view and the struggle the larger crowds can bring but I would have to think Universal wants to bring in as many guests as possible right?

Not if they're only paying $5/night, and making lines longer for guests who paid $100.