Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There is nothing more infuriating and heart breaking than waiting for an hour in line for a terrible house and realizing you wasted all that time lol.

I know uni would never do this but I wish they kept a systems rating based on how much people like a house online or something.
That's why you come on sites like these and see what the response is for the houses before going ;)

Thought I just had this morning about the crowds opening weekend. This was the first opening weekend without any rain in the last 4 years or so. I don't think we have any real idea of what normal crowding is supposed to like this early in the season.

Thought I just had this morning about the crowds opening weekend. This was the first opening weekend without any rain in the last 4 years or so. I don't think we have any real idea of what normal crowding is supposed to like this early in the season.

Rain didn't stop last year's crowds. They were 10,000 over projection.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Well they moved HHN up a week , so traditionally this Friday would have been the first day. There's currently an 80% chance of rain. With opening weekend out of the way and if it does rain this weekend it could end up being pretty good crowd wise.

I can't agree enough code, it's just a giant bummer to wait an hour for a bad house. I really wish they'd make a poll on the website or something because this years WD house was just miserable. I'm going again this weekend, hope it's not to rainy and the crowds aren't violent since I don't have express

Has anyone waited in the Diagon holding area yet for S&S? Curious to see how that worked out

I did opening night, me and my brother chilled in Knockturn in the shade and then at 5:30 went to get in line but they didn't let us out until after 6 and we were the last of the stay and screamers to get access. Insidious was already a 30 minute wait before we could get there.

I know this advice is not going to work for most (if not all) on here because of #FOMO and the desire to do "EVERYTHING...." But here's an idea:

Skip the Walking Dead.

Why are you wasting your time? You know you aren't going to like it. Regardless. The way it's beaten up on these sites, in your head, etc. there's no way it's going to be anything. So why not just skip it?

You save yourself time and effort.

Don't like the AWIL repeat? Perfect another kind you don't have to wait in.

There are benefits to you not being interested jn some of these things - especially when no matter what, they cannot win.

I did opening night, me and my brother chilled in Knockturn in the shade and then at 5:30 went to get in line but they didn't let us out until after 6 and we were the last of the stay and screamers to get access. Insidious was already a 30 minute wait before we could get there.

A double edged sword. In one hand it must have been nice having Diagon essentially to yourselves but in the other stinks they are the last to get out and puts you behind the masses a little.

It's taking quite the beating this year. Even the bigger media sites who play the PR game are saying "over it".

Well, it deserves the beating and its high time bigger media sites act accordingly. I'm pretty sure people do things for as long as they are capable and its nice that there's a possibly collective "enough is enough."

Reactions: Brian G.
this has happened to me more than once... people sometimes don't understand why i go more than once per house. (made me feel awkward about it)

I get wanting to see every detail: I mean, hey, this is what so many creative people have worked hard on for most of the last year. I want to see every crevice of a house, hence I end up getting a yearly private RIP.

For me, it's the only way I can guarantee getting into each house 3-4x in one visit.

I don't see "just skip it" as a good excuse for a bad house. As someone who paid to go to this event, you should want to see everything no matter what it is. Even if it's less anticipated than others, it's still apart of a bigger picture that shouldn't be just flat out ignored. I wanted to give this a fair shot (as said in my review) so I went. I'm not going in it 20 times a night just to beat it up, I'm probably never gonna go through it again. It was bad, pretty much it lol

I don't see "just skip it" as a good excuse for a bad house.

It's not an excuse for a bad house....it's me giving you an option for it to not even exist in your mind.

And once again, "bad" is subjective. 8/9 isn't terrible. Hell, 6/9 isn't terrible.

Not everything is going to strike gold.

How many years have you gone to the event? Because for me, bad is Fear Factor, Disorientorium, Cold, Blind Terror, etc etc.

Bad is relative. Especially compared to the past.

Anyone else have the non HHN fanatic friends that butcher the house names unknowingly? I heard my friends call "Body Collectors", "The Body Inspectors" multiple times last week and "Roanoke" was "The Thanksgiving House" last year.

It's not an excuse for a bad house....it's me giving you an option for it to not even exist in your mind.

And once again, "bad" is subjective. 8/9 isn't terrible. Hell, 6/9 isn't terrible.

How many years have you gone to the event? Because for me, bad is Fear Factor, Disorientorium, Cold, Blind Terror, etc etc.

the problem is not even skipping it. The problem I would have as a newbie would be knowing what houses to do first, What to leave for last, and if I ran out of time what houses are a Must see.
Last year a group of friends went and they waited an hour for Dracula... (ouch) and because of doing Dracula they couldn't do AVP Or Halloween lol. They missed two of the best houses of last year but they did Dracula, Roanoke and Giggles and gore, Doll house

I didn't know they were going or else I would have told them to absolutely do Halloween. I really don't know how their night went, or if they took a long time eating or what, but I couldn't imagine being able to only go one night and wasting that night on Roanoke and Dracula :ack:

Let alone the whole psychology of reviews, reviewers, and the mentality that anything below 7/10 is 'bad'.

Reactions: Fatality