Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's why, if I was Universal, I would up the FF Pass cost and introduce a weekly pass for out-of-towners, which would be about the cost of FF, maybe slightly more depending on the week.
Better idea. I think there should be a way to reward out of towners that is an alternative to the local perks.

I complain about HHN crowds as much as anyone, but the answer isn't limiting the amount of people in the park. I still think they need to consider utilizing IOA soon. Maybe not the whole park but spreading people out is nothing but a plus.

Better idea. I think there should be a way to reward out of towners that is an alternative to the local perks.

I think a reduced cost express with Universal hotel package would be a very fitting benefit to out of town guests. They obviously have less time to take it all in and that could help.
In this theoretical weekly pass I brought up, I would also make it so FL-residents aren't eligible to purchase... possibly even Georgia residents (as they get the Coke/BK discounts for HHN) - forcing them to continue to buy the FF Pass.

I mean, FL Residents get a lot of deals that people out-of-state can't get, so I would think the opposite should only be fair (and I live in Orlando).

Going into a quick thing..

From what it seems Mikes over at Studio City this week and is with John Murdy as they're on the WB lot..which is starting production on a new Horror film this week..anythings possible here, and it would make sense if you know what i'm referring to.

Going into a quick thing..

From what it seems Mikes over at Studio City this week and is with John Murdy as they're on the WB lot..which is starting production on a new Horror film this week..anythings possible here, and it would make sense if you know what i'm referring to.
I assume they are going to talk to the studio/producer about a 2016 house at both Orlando and Hollywood?

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It'd be pretty cool if Universal used one of the original IPs from HHN some day as the basis to a horror movie of their own.

I bought the ROF Express. So I think I'm going to go in at around 7:30-8:00 pm and just try to hit the houses in any order. Go with the flow type scenario for me. Just going to get my drink on and then get scared on.

I think a few folks on here are misguided in thinking that the average park guest has a desire/want/NEED to see "everything" at HHN.

The truth is - not everyone is like us. Not everyone needs to see "everything." In fact, most do not see these Houses as transformative, live theater. My friends think it's RIDICULOUS I will go through a house twice in one night (in actuality, I will go thru 3-4 times a night.)

You cannot compare our behaviors to that of the park majority.

this has happened to me more than once... people sometimes don't understand why i go more than once per house. (made me feel awkward about it)

this has happened to me more than once... people sometimes don't understand why i go more than once per house. (made me feel awkward about it)

It's a different beast to those of us who are massive fans. We see it thru different eyes. And that's where I am coming from - it's a VERY different event for us. And a lot need to realize our thoughts and actions at HHN are in the minority.

It's a different beast to those of us who are massive fans. We see it thru different eyes. And that's where I am coming from - it's a VERY different event for us. And a lot need to realize our thoughts and actions at HHN are in the minority.
I'd say you are in the super minority if you are hitting every house twice. Even with Express, that requires not stopping at all. I went the other day and didn't stop except for a snack and still only got 6 of the 9 done. Granted we saw B&T and part of Carnage and got messed up by the APH preview, which sent us to the back of the park, so by the time we got back up front FvJ was jammed.

The APH preview really killed our touring plan for the night.

I'd say you are in the super minority if you are hitting every house twice. Even with Express, that requires not stopping at all. I went the other day and didn't stop except for a snack and still only got 6 of the 9 done. Granted we saw B&T and part of Carnage and got messed up by the APH preview, which sent us to the back of the park, so by the time we got back up front FvJ was jammed.

Oh, I fully acknowledge I'm in the minority. I wish others would realize the same - that their actions / desires when it comes to HHN are in the minority and they cannot force their way of thinking/doing when it comes to talking about the event. It's all about being objective when it comes to discussing this event.

That's the beauty of this beast. It offers so many different options - so many different ways of doing it - so many different routes to happiness and an enjoyable experience.

My way of doing it? Not going to be yours.
My favorite house? Not going to be yours.
My favorite aspects? Not going to be yours.

And so on and so forth. And guess what? We are both right. Because events like these (haunted attractions) are so subjective and exactly what you make of them.

The most valid criticism that is unescapable is he crowds. Absolutely. They suck. They're terrible. Holy moly. Other than that? This event is beyond compare.

Reactions: RevFreako and Nick
Oh, I fully acknowledge I'm in the minority. I wish others would realize the same - that their actions / desires when it comes to HHN are in the minority and they cannot force their way of thinking/doing when it comes to talking about the event. It's all about being objective when it comes to discussing this event.

That's the beauty of this beast. It offers so many different options - so many different ways of doing it - so many different routes to happiness and an enjoyable experience.

My way of doing it? Not going to be yours.
My favorite house? Not going to be yours.
My favorite aspects? Not going to be yours.

And so on and so forth. And guess what? We are both right. Because events like these (haunted attractions) are so subjective and exactly what you make of them.

The most valid criticism that is unescapable is he crowds. Absolutely. They suck. They're terrible. Holy moly. Other than that? This event is beyond compare.
I totally get you. The entire basis when this conversation started was partially so that the GP could have a better experience during the event by having lower crowds and we went round and round with different things.

The people like us (all of us on this site and others like it) are automatically at an advantage, yet we are going for different reasons. We want to see EVERYTHING while most of the GP i'd say is fine having a fun night with friends doing a few houses here and there and a few rides. For many, it's the one time per year they go to Uni.

But even so, The crowding is still overwhelming and there has to be a better way to handle everything. I just can't see IOA happening anytime soon, yet USF is packed to the brim. It'll be worse next year (imagine that) when they close off Kidzone and there will be no house at Disaster - likely to be a FIFTH soundstage house (M&M takes up enough space for two houses). If they go ahead with that, Five houses all along that main drag will be terrible for crowding in that area.

Again though, I get it. I'm not expecting to go and see light crowds anymore, as I did as recently as 2012.

Reactions: SeventyOne

I was there opening night. They sent some of us directly to Insidious... which doesn't open until 5:45 and in reality didn't open until nearly 6pm. Went from there to the Walking Dead and by the time we were done there the general public were already in the park.

Last year we did all three APH houses and had to wait to get into the rest of the park.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
I am not against IPs whatsoever, in fact I love them. When IPs are good like Freddy vs Jason, AWIL or insidious, they're legendary and offer fans like myself to experience them in person. I also love having movie marathons before the event, the one I had this year was a blast because all the IPs they had were so good!!!! I'm just against bad houses like the walking dead this year.....and the one in 2013....and 2012. I don't mind it as much because you all are right, it's one house out of 9 but still, a bad house is a bad house and it reflects on the event no matter how many houses there are. Oh and btw I think horror nights is worth literally every cent. It's basically a brand new theme park every single year, I will gladly pay $80 to have everyday in the first three weeks free thank you very much

I am not against IPs whatsoever, in fact I love them. When IPs are good like Freddy vs Jason, AWIL or insidious, they're legendary and offer fans like myself to experience them in person. I also love having movie marathons before the event, the one I had this year was a blast because all the IPs they had were so good!!!! I'm just against bad houses like the walking dead this year.....and the one in 2013....and 2012. I don't mind it as much because you all are right, it's one house out of 9 but still, a bad house is a bad house and it reflects on the event no matter how many houses there are. Oh and btw I think horror nights is worth literally every cent. It's basically a brand new theme park every single year, I will gladly pay $80 to have everyday in the first three weeks free thank you very much

There is nothing more infuriating and heart breaking than waiting for an hour in line for a terrible house and realizing you wasted all that time lol.

I know uni would never do this but I wish they kept a systems rating based on how much people like a house online or something.

Reactions: Cole