Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wait times on rides are usually low to begin with during HHN (Rip ride rockit excluded). I think it's just gringotts having an amazing capacity and the low priority from people wanting to do it

could Gringotts be empty just because a lot of people don't know it is open? (After all it was never advertised it would be opened)

I do remember passing by that area and there was a group of about 10 people and one of them kept telling everyone else to go check Diagon and everyone else said it was closed. (They eventually went in I think)

But then also, some family from out of town came to HHN and they had no idea it was opened until I mentioned it to them.

if it was announced on the website, do you think more people would go in there? Because, besides seeing people going into that area, there is no way to tell it is actually open

I think it is more that Gringotts has great capacity, we went in the area on Sunday night and Diagon was pretty crowded, we didn't ride Gringotts nor did I see what the wait was, but we did ride Monday afternoon and the posted wait was 15 minutes.

I think it is more that Gringotts has great capacity, we went in the area on Sunday night and Diagon was pretty crowded, we didn't ride Gringotts nor did I see what the wait was, but we did ride Monday afternoon and the posted wait was 15 minutes.

That's strange, because it was pretty empty on Sunday at least around 11 when I went in. People in it seemed to all be slightly in the know as a lot were taking advantage of using their interactive wands with no huge crowds, although there was a lot of, "Oh, Diagon's open?! Awesome!"

The area is effectively acting as a defacto "safe zone" and the way DA is natured (quiet, unassuming, intentionally hidden) plus Hogwarts Express being closed you can't fault anybody for thinking otherwise as they made their way to either Bill and Ted or Run. Again, I loved it. It was unintentionally eerie without really doing anything special just because of how it was during the event. Diagon Alley is prominently trumpeted during the day so much so that to see it slide into the secondary position is odd in of itself.

We did go in earlier in the week and we were practically alone. I think on Sunday, we went in there around 9 PM or so, the rain had stopped about 30 minutes prior, so maybe folks were just using the area as shelter and we just happened to enter the area as they were clearing out.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
The longest line we waited for Gringotts al trip was during HHN (20 minutes). It's not as bad as normal day crowds, but it's clear the 'news' is getting out. Beedle the Bard is doing shows and Olivanders you can usually get a personal show for.

It's on the park map. It seems that they can outwardly advertise it but its there if someone cares enough to look at the event guide.

some people cannot even tell a house from the other (people going into body Collectors saying stuff like "where are the walkers, this is the walking dead house but all i see is smiling monsters" or saying stuff like "Every house is walking dead, they made a house for each season) lol

Last edited:
Reactions: anihilnation
I'm pretty sure as long as you have a ticket for the park during the day, you have access to Stay and Scream
I've never done Stay & Scream before despite having had a FF Pass for many years and even worked the event. So my question is, how early do the S&S locations open and how quick do they fill up? I'm trying to do the New York location so I can easily get to FvJ...

As early as 4:30 at least for NYC/Finnegan's, which is where I did Stay and Scream. Sadly the house had a load delay on Sunday, and I chose not to do my express so I can get a second run in later (did not happen due to me having to leave early because my feet were killing me), and that was apparently an awful decision. Waited ten min, and then they opened up the house to express exclusive for at least another five. So from what should've been a walk on (I was easily the fifteenth person in standby) became a 15-min wait.

I've never done Stay & Scream before despite having had a FF Pass for many years and even worked the event. So my question is, how early do the S&S locations open and how quick do they fill up? I'm trying to do the New York location so I can easily get to FvJ...

I mean, you can wait in Finns all afternoon if you want, the Stay & Scream section doesn't "open" per se. The bigger problem is when they close--by 4:00, usually start limited access so there is a line (sometimes huge) to get in. If you are already in the bar, they come around and scan your ticket, give you a wristband. Inside the bar gets busy very quickly, I've seen outside busy but never body to body.

The longest line we waited for Gringotts al trip was during HHN (20 minutes). It's not as bad as normal day crowds, but it's clear the 'news' is getting out. Beedle the Bard is doing shows and Olivanders you can usually get a personal show for.

My friend and I had a unique two-customer show in Olivanders--at least I've never seen it. We were the only people in there, which somehow made it feel more authentic.

I still say once crowd shifts from die-hards with FFP/RoF to general public, will become much busier.

Reactions: Clive
I mean, you can wait in Finns all afternoon if you want, the Stay & Scream section doesn't "open" per se. The bigger problem is when they close--by 4:00, usually start limited access so there is a line (sometimes huge) to get in. If you are already in the bar, they come around and scan your ticket, give you a wristband. Inside the bar gets busy very quickly, I've seen outside busy but never body to body.
Ah thanks, helps a lot.