Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't get why waits are posted lower on Fridays than Thursdays. I guess the price difference someone brought up is the reason.

Off topic but do you all think the HHN store will return in the future?
Probably, this seems like a Darth's Mall situation. The T2 gift shop would be a good place to put it next year.

Reactions: Cole
Probably, this seems like a Darth's Mall situation. The T2 gift shop would be a good place to put it next year.

Huh? The HHN store works at Twister because they're closing Twister soon and can afford to take that merch off tha shelves for a bit. T2 isn't going anywhere and the merch in there sells too well for them to sacrifice it for HHN stuff for a month and a half.

I guess it's a matter of what spaces are available when next year comes around. If nothing else I could see them building a store in a tent like they did the temporary Universal store in CityWalk.

Huh? The HHN store works at Twister because they're closing Twister soon and can afford to take that merch off tha shelves for a bit. T2 isn't going anywhere and the merch in there sells too well for them to sacrifice it for HHN stuff for a month and a half.

Aftermath will be within walls by the end of the year, during HHN26 and probably before spring of 2017. T2 Would be the logical place to place it if they are wanting to do another HHN type gift shop.

I don't get why waits are posted lower on Fridays than Thursdays. I guess the price difference someone brought up is the reason.

Rain played a factor, too (more the threat than actual rain) but I've said for a couple years now Sundays are worse than Fridays, and Fridays can be better than Wednesday/Thursday if you are in the park at opening. Apparently many still buy FFP but not FFP+.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Rain played a factor, too (more the threat than actual rain) but I've said for a couple years now Sundays are worse than Fridays, and Fridays can be better than Wednesday/Thursday if you are in the park at opening. Apparently many still buy FFP but not FFP+.
Yeah Friday's are definitely the best for Stay & Scream. More locals who don't have park access and less FFP.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Aftermath will be within walls by the end of the year, during HHN26 and probably before spring of 2017. T2 Would be the logical place to place it if they are wanting to do another HHN type gift shop.
I'm aware, pretty sure I've been saying November 1 for a while now...

My point is that they put it in the Twister store because that merchandise doesn't sell and because it was already on its way out...therefore it was expendable for the entirety of HHN and could afford to be replaced. T2, on the other hand, sells merch and is not going anywhere for a while. So how is it logical to shut it down from mid-Sep to October and replace all that stuff with HHN merch?

So Friday night was the first 2am night of the season. For some 2am nights, including last Friday, the last Bill & Ted's show time is 1:15am (depends on the day and how many shows they cram into the night). I figured the timing should be perfect to see the last B&T then hit Insidious with little to no wait right before the park closes. The show ended at exactly 1:51am. I got out of the show venue by 1:53am and was blocked by security from going to Insidious. I figured, ok, I'll just go a little further down to the bridge and cross there. I get to the bridge only to find another security guy saying we couldn't go that way either. I asked why not and was told the park was closed. I showed my phone and explained how there was 6 minutes left, houses were still open, and I'd like to go to Insidious. The security guy was nice about it in his tone and basically just said that his orders were to close off the bridge now, so still didn't let us through. I know better than to argue with security so I dropped it and hauled ass to FvJ instead since I figured it'd be cutting it close to make it all the way around the lagoon for Insidious.

It's frustrating that security feels the need to start closing walkways and bridges down with more than 5 minutes left and with houses still open. I can see if there were 2 minutes left, but even then the distance from the back of the park to the front is about the same in either direction. I wonder if they really just don't want a lot of people flowing from the show into a house right at closing. That last show was only half full, if that, and I doubt there were many people trying to hit a house right afterward anyway. Oh well, just wanted to share this with you guys in case anyone had similar plans to go from one side of the park to the other on the backside with less than 10 minutes left in the event.

Reactions: Sledge
I get why it's frustrating but think of it from Universal's standpoint: by most accounts, scareactors "clock in" at about 5PM to get into makeup and costume in time for the event to begin. If their cast's shift is running until 2AM(or later, really, not everyone in line before the cut off will make it through before 2AM), they're already working a 9-hour shift. Casts A and B both get 45 minute breaks all night for touch-ups, food, and resting their feet and voices, they alternate between A and B but one shift gets off 45 minutes before the event ends. So hypothetically the last shift could get stuck working over their allotted time in the houses and running themselves ragged in the process. The guests probably wouldn't enjoy themselves with a tired and overworked cast. Like I said, I know it kinda sucks, but it's for the benefit of the scareactors, staff, security, and guests.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Cole
They could also change out the Christmas shop for an HHN shop for a bit and i'd imagine the revenue would more than make up for it.

Got back a little while ago from the event, had a great time. Much better than last year (and I thought last year was good). 5 of the houses were great, 3 were alright-good, and one sucked. Hard. A house so bad it infuriated me as I exited. Will write a full review tomorrow.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush