Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Random observations from the weekend:
  • Blood bags reformulated in last couple years since I had one. Still overly sweet--it's a Jello shot, duh--but definitely packs more of a kick, can taste the booze
  • On the subject of drinks, Finns has been slammed. I assumed because guests gravitate to their favorite bartenders. But then, outside bars equally if not more slammed! I'm really curious to know how many kegs/cases/bottles HHN goes through in a night.
  • Not sure if house issues or just the flu going around, but at least three major roles missing from M&M last night.
  • Blackshirts in Body Collectors getting as bad as Insidious, now standing in the center of scenes and ruining the effects. The ones in other houses have been pretty alright, tho.
  • Psychoscarapy making a strong argument for best SZ of all time. Killer cast, fun sets, even a perfect soundtrack. And it's relatively huge.
  • "Original" Jack remains incredible. I realize he'll never win even a local acting award for his work, but his ability to take corny jokes and pretending to kill a man in a blender and sell it is just amazing.

• Blood bags reformulated in last couple years since I had one. Still overly sweet--it's a Jello shot, duh--but definitely packs more of a kick, can taste the booze
  • On the subject of drinks, Finns has been slammed. I assumed because guests gravitate to their favorite bartenders. But then, outside bars equally if not more slammed! I'm really curious to know how many kegs/cases/bottles HHN goes through in a night.
  • Not sure if house issues or just the flu going around, but at least three major roles missing from M&M last night.
  • Blackshirts in Body Collectors getting as bad as Insidious, now standing in the center of scenes and ruining the effects. The ones in other houses have been pretty alright, tho.
  • Psychoscarapy making a strong argument for best SZ of all time. Killer cast, fun sets, even a perfect soundtrack. And it's relatively huge.
  • "Original" Jack remains incredible. I realize he'll never win even a local acting award for his work, but his ability to take corny jokes and pretending to kill a man in a blender and sell it is just amazing.
I didn't have any problems with the Blackshirts in Body Collectors. The ones in Insidious were really annoying though. "SIDE BY SIDE PLEASE!" in every. Single. Room.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
I didn't have any problems with the Blackshirts in Body Collectors. The ones in Insidious were really annoying though. "SIDE BY SIDE PLEASE!"

One standing
directly in front of the screen with projections, blocking it, another standing right in front of the operating theater, waving his light
--horrible show. But yeah, Insidious has been the worst since second night of the event.

I get that HHN is obviously much higher attended than HOS, but why is it that HHN need SO MANY black shirts in the houses when HOS doesn't put ANY in theirs? I recognize the need for some at such a big event, but the high volume of them and annoying nature of them telling you to keep moving (sometimes when there's no where to move!) is just ridiculous. Ops needs to find a way to handle that better.

I've seen them ask people to walk side by side in the line right before you go in but never in the house. The houses aren't built for that. You generally have to walk through pushing stuff out of your way that just wouldn't work side by side, not to mention the pathways just aren't really that wide.

I get what they're doing, no one likes waiting in long lines. There's a point though where it ruins the experience to the point that it's not worth waiting in even a short line. Personally I just completely ignore them. I look in the complete opposite direction and never make eye contact. The majority of the time if they're waving at me I just don't even see it. That being said I don't hang back and try to create gaps or anything I'm generally pretty much right behind the person in front of me, so what they're doing is meaningless anyway.

Reactions: Clive
13 years visiting HHN and I've never heard of being asked to walk "side by side" in my life. I don't see how that would work at all and I would lose immersion completely if someone was trying to enforce that while in the house.

Reactions: Clive
Last night in Run I was behind a girl who was pretending she had a gun and was fake shooting at all the scareactors. It was the second worst run though of a house I have ever had. Every scare actor just retreated and waited for her to move to the next room so I was left walking though a empty house. I really don't understand people sometimes...

Reactions: Cole and Brian G.
Last night in Run I was behind a girl who was pretending she had a gun and was fake shooting at all the scareactors. It was the second worst run though of a house I have ever had. Every scare actor just retreated and waited for her to move to the next room so I was left walking though a empty house. I really don't understand people sometimes...

Last night during Walking Dead, apparently some idiot behind us was getting in the face of a lot of scareactors and yelling. Security came up to him as soon as he exited and said "You already know why I'm stopping you."

13 years visiting HHN and I've never heard of being asked to walk "side by side" in my life. I don't see how that would work at all and I would lose immersion completely if someone was trying to enforce that while in the house.

Yeah, that was bizarre. I told Ops that this was a first... and they just ignored me. :shrug:

Reactions: Cole

I noticed this, too. I think I know why, though. On my Friday evening run-through the line got stalled while I was in the room right before the finale and there was a blackshirt standing in the same spot the final Body Collector normally is so I think there's a possibility someone touched or attacked the scareactor and they've upped blackshirt presence in the house to keep an eye on the jerks.

I didn't have any problems with the Blackshirts in Body Collectors. The ones in Insidious were really annoying though. "SIDE BY SIDE PLEASE!" in every. Single. Room.
Same here, was actually gonna mention that in my review, thought they were a lot less better this time around, haven't seen em this chill in years. Also thought that even though the police/security presence seemed a lot bigger this year, they were also more lax and seemed to be interacting pleasantly with people. I also only got ID'd ONCE, which was surprising because I get carded everywhere. Not gonna lie, it made a big difference in how fun the night was.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life