Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For me, I didn't mind the black shirts so much as they seemed to have dropped their flashlights that I recall them using a few years back...to me, it was much worse when they were swinging their lights telling you to keep moving (although every time this has happened to me, the line was stopped well ahead of me...but this year it was easier for me to ignore since they didn't use the flashlights on me this year.

The cop out front of purge was having some fun banter with people going in. He said "don't cry" and "I can't help you once you get inside".
The team member outside of AWIL was saying "Universal is not responsible for any marks, scratches, or bites caused by the attraction, enter at your own risk!"

Reactions: SeventyOne
I hate to say that I ignore the black shirts, but I do. People wait for ever in lines for this and to rush them through is terrible. I know they are just doing what they are told to do, but I always have a little space from the people in front of me and pay no attention to them at all. They can tell me all they want to keep up, but we pay a lot for the the event and Im going to go through at my own pace. I dont leave a huge space, but I am not going to play grab a$$ with a stranger just because someone in a black shirt is waving me on.

I mentioned in another post about how I was behind a group that was acting out pretty bad. The black shirts did nothing, but a scare actor cut in front of me and followed them to the end to report them to security.

Yeah, my last time through run made even less sence then prior as the girl outside is telling everyone to go side by side...then as you get to the entrance, the recording is telling you to go single file...I thought it was an attempt at humor!

I kind of thought it was a joke at first too (in Run). Ignored her, but apparently she was serious?

My guess is ticket sales at Publix and what-not have spiked for later this month. Current lines nothing compared to what's coming.

Reactions: Clive
I kind of thought it was a joke at first too (in Run). Ignored her, but apparently she was serious?

My guess is ticket sales at Publix and what-not have spiked for later this month. Current lines nothing compared to what's coming.

Maybe they shouldn't feel so desperate and try to push the tickets everywhere. A good TV campaign, Rush of Fear, and some AP discounts probably is all that's needed.

Reactions: Clive
I wish I could ignore them but when they literally stand in front of a gag, it ruins the experience.

This happens in Insidious constantly - op stands directly in front of both the false wall with the Bride in Black figure as well as in front of the possessed baby carriage toy. Ruins each moment.

Similar thing happens in Freddy vs. Jason - in the scene with the first screens, with Jason lumbering around, an Op stands nearly in front of him. It looks ridiculous.

In 2011, they seemed to go out of their way to design little cubby holes for most of the ops to lurk in. Not sure what happened to that.

This happens in Insidious constantly - op stands directly in front of both the false wall with the Bride in Black figure as well as in front of the possessed baby carriage toy. Ruins each moment.

Similar thing happens in Freddy vs. Jason - in the scene with the first screens, with Jason lumbering around, an Op stands nearly in front of him. It looks ridiculous.

In 2011, they seemed to go out of their way to design little cubby holes for most of the ops to lurk in. Not sure what happened to that.
Maybe that's why I didn't see any of the screens in the house.

I have had tons of incredibly obnoxious moments with kids this year, more than ever before. Screaming scare actor locations, grabbing props, trying to scare the scare actors it was inraging. I know its a topic that's brought up every year and it's been beaten like a dead horse but oh my god, it's gets worse every year. Universal needs to aknowledge that the event isn't PG 13, it's a hard R on all accounts and while I don't think there should be an age restriction, something should be done

Reactions: SeventyOne
I have had tons of incredibly obnoxious moments with kids this year, more than ever before. Screaming scare actor locations, grabbing props, trying to scare the scare actors it was inraging. I know its a topic that's brought up every year and it's been beaten like a dead horse but oh my god, it's gets worse every year. Universal needs to aknowledge that the event isn't PG 13, it's a hard R on all accounts and while I don't think there should be an age restriction, something should be done

I've noticed a lot more kids running around this year as well. Last week in line for The Walking Dead I saw a dad with two kids still dressed in school uniforms and they held up the line in the house because they were too terrified to move. I just don't understand the stupidity of people....

Reactions: Cole and SeventyOne
Sorry,I know this has been talked about previously in this thread but couldnt find it in a quick scan.I am just about to walk out door to drive to Orlando and have this question.Which houses does the Finnegans and Lucy stay and scream give you access to?Thanks

Sorry,I know this has been talked about previously in this thread but couldnt find it in a quick scan.I am just about to walk out door to drive to Orlando and have this question.Which houses does the Finnegans and Lucy stay and scream give you access to?Thanks
Finnegan's: FVJ
Lucy: M&M

One time Lucy went to FVJ though.

Finnegan's usually releases the group a little before 6 and gives you first dibs on Freddy vs Jason. Lucy gives you Jack Presents.

American Werewolf opens for both sides.

When will alcohol stop being sold. This is getting out of hand.
I very highly doubt that will ever happen. Alcohol is a major part of this event both in terms of revenue and the reason people go. While there are a few issues like this they are mostly always addressed and Universal does a great job of putting security and police in place so they are there to handle the issues as they arise. The police response time pretty much anywhere throughout the park could be measured in seconds.