Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^I think they mean a house based on a horror rock band (Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Slash, etc) rather than a horror rock concert.

Either way I think having any attraction based on "horror rock" (whatever that even means) is stupid.

Where it says Horror rock show it also says "original show" so it's not a house. It's not stupid. Death Drums was a very unique and cool show. Anything to help capacity and make the house lines less long is cool in my book.

How about UO gives us something different then a typical anniversary yr.. Let's get away from the cookie cutter event and try NEW stuff that we havent seen before.

I love the icons but its time to move on from them and give us brand new icons that we can know and love.

UO needs to look at what's making Singapore VERY popular.. It's old skool HHN over there.

Hell look at other Haunts (Like HOS) and see how there becoming more popular then HHN, as well maybe learn a few new tricks...
Can't agree with this more, stop the anniversary years and just be original for once. Every year is an anniversary so why have the same theme every 5 years? 25 should just be another number, 30 is where something should actually happen anniversary wise. Just be patient end the decade with it, would make it a lot more special and memorable

Last edited:
I gave the highest ratings to the nighttime parade and lowest to horror themed rock band. Texas Chainsaw Massacre and American Horror Story sound good. I am really hoping they don't do a magic show or Ghostbusters.

Hah! I was pretty much the exact opposite of you (minus the magic show).

If Jack is coming back and they are already considering having a freak show, screw AHS. You know marketing would want it to be either this year (which we could already be seeing anyways given the other ingredients they put on the survey) or a best of house (no, just, no).

As far as a nighttime parade goes, given how congested this year was, a parade is a stretch at best.

If the horror rock show is a live performance by Midnight Syndicate, I'm there.

For Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Freddy, been there, done that, find a different slasher. I would love Candyman, but given the shout out to Freddy and Leatherface in Halloween, I would not be surprised to see these two return.

And finally, if Ghostbusters is A&Ds passion project (which given the other options on the list I would assume it is) give it to them and take my money. There is so much that could be done with a Ghostbusters house by having a few tributes to the movie and their own storyline (like AvP) so I would love to see where they take that property.

How about UO gives us something different then a typical anniversary yr.. Let's get away from the cookie cutter event and try NEW stuff that we havent seen before.

I love the icons but its time to move on from them and give us brand new icons that we can know and love.

UO needs to look at what's making Singapore VERY popular.. It's old skool HHN over there.

Hell look at other Haunts (Like HOS) and see how there becoming more popular then HHN, as well maybe learn a few new tricks...

This post makes almost no sense to me. You say Universal needs to do something new and then go on to say they should look at what Singapore is doing because it is old school.

Also, lol at Howl o Scream being more popular than HHN. A lot of HHN related discussion these days are about the overcrowding and the all time high in popularity. I don't think that is a problem for Universal at all.

I wish we could stop with this notion of once something is done before it should never be re-imagined again. Sure we don't want a TWD situation year after year, but Freddy and Leatherface have only been done once and that was nearly 10 years ago. Icons and original characters like Jack give you lots of possibilities for new things too. Based on the list we got, I'm down with 4 IP and 4 originals houses with the IPs being Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, AHS and Hitchcock. One of the original houses can be Jack's and I'm not against maybe another icon getting one. A new show to replace Rocky Horror is a must as well.

This post makes almost no sense to me. You say Universal needs to do something new and then go on to say they should look at what Singapore is doing because it is old school.

Also, lol at Howl o Scream being more popular than HHN. A lot of HHN related discussion these days are about the overcrowding and the all time high in popularity. I don't think that is a problem for Universal at all.

I wish we could stop with this notion of once something is done before it should never be re-imagined again. Sure we don't want a TWD situation year after year, but Freddy and Leatherface have only been done once and that was nearly 10 years ago. Icons and original characters like Jack give you lots of possibilities for new things too. Based on the list we got, I'm down with 4 IP and 4 originals houses with the IPs being Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, AHS and Hitchcock. One of the original houses can be Jack's and I'm not against maybe another icon getting one. A new show to replace Rocky Horror is a must as well.
I was going to make relatively the same point...look I know everyone loves originality, but HOS had a terrible year attendance wise this year, HHN Singapore is just starting out and Knotts is nowhere near the size of HHN...HHN is still the most attended theme park haunt in the world..if they looked at anyone else they'd be going backwards..If anything, an icon instead of featured IPs would cause a decrease in attendance for HHN...perhaps why there are less dates this next year

Nothing is scary about Ghostbusters...Are they seriously considering this as a house property? I mean I'm all for a joke house, but c'mon

Nothing is scary about Ghostbusters...Are they seriously considering this as a house property? I mean I'm all for a joke house, but c'mon

It would be more "jump scares" than gore, but same was true of HR Bloodengutz and even Home for the Holidays, both of which made the OU Top 25 of All Time. Given that Creative has knocked their last two dream IPs out of the park (AWiL, Halloween), I hope we'd all be willing to give them a little bit of store credit.

ETA: I'd still be ok with, possibly even prefer, a show.

Last edited:
ghostbusters is a dark kids movie like gremlins. They'd make cool houses on recognizably alone but that's it

Actually now that you mention it, Gremlins would be an awesome house. Could be some cool little puppets and/or animatronics, some cool special effects, a good amount of gore and of course Christmas decorations lol

Bring back Ecto 1, I'm sold. Even if it would be a constant photo op.

Gozer's minions as scare actors, marshmallow everywhere (better than a poop/burning bodies smell), upturned pavement, puppets, and a ghostbusters 'show' like Purge's, I think that'd be sweet.

I was going to make relatively the same point...look I know everyone loves originality, but HOS had a terrible year attendance wise this year, HHN Singapore is just starting out and Knotts is nowhere near the size of HHN...HHN is still the most attended theme park haunt in the world..if they looked at anyone else they'd be going backwards..If anything, an icon instead of featured IPs would cause a decrease in attendance for HHN...perhaps why there are less dates this next year

I went to Knott's this year and other than Trapped, their upcharge maze, and The Hanging I was very underwhelmed.

It would be more "jump scares" than gore, but same was true of HR Bloodengutz and even Home for the Holidays, both of which made the OU Top 25 of All Time. Given that Creative has knocked their last two dream IPs out of the park (AWiL, Halloween), I hope we'd all be willing to give them a little bit of store credit.

ETA: I'd still be ok with, possibly even prefer, a show.

I think the difference is H.R. Bloodengutz and Home for the Holidays were built on deeply disturbing premises - a psychopathic, murderous television host and a rampaging army of escaped asylum inmates. The humor comes from the juxtaposition of the "dark" (the murders, gore, terror) and the "light," or the things that are traditionally happy and safe (Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving). These conceits work even better when the juxtaposition is taken to over-the-top extremes (the rabid easter bunny, the snowman with severed head). The natural absurdity of the situations is what's making the house fun and really work - you're scared, but you're being scared by a giant easter bunny. You're scared, but only because an insane woman is singing Christmas carols next to a man strangled in Christmas lights. It's taking expectations of an especially happy thing and twisting them to the point where they're nearly unrecognizable.

The problem is, Ghostbusters features none of the things I just talked about. It doesn't really take anything to extremity, and nothing about it or its settings are particularly "safe." The one exception is the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (the whole bit is they thought it was something innocent and could never hurt anyone), but there isn't really anything else like that in the movie, and that one thing can't carry the house (and would be hard to execute logistically in the first place). It just isn't a horror film - it's an action comedy that happens to feature ghosts and demons. It just doesn't really work as a haunted house, at least conceptually. And here's the thing - they could do it anyway and might turn out a really quality product that people enjoy, and that's fine. But that thing won't really be Ghostbusters - it'll have to be a major compromise of what that film/franchise is and what it's about. We'll see something that resembles Ghostbusters on the surface... but that's it. (Sounds a lot like The Walking Dead, when you really think about it...)

Reactions: OrlandoGuy