Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like this is really going to be a successful HHN 25. I'm taking an off year and spending this Fall's 2 week vacation at WDW (Yeah, I know, yell traitor). Anyway, yesterday it popped in my mind to maybe stop at Universal for a day or two to spend some time at Diagon Alley (which I greatly miss already) and see the progress on amazing Kong. I pulled up the onsite hotels ( I actually gavesome thought to staying at Universal & driving up to Disney since the Universal hotels are far superior value & amenity wise) and was surprised with what I saw. Usually when I book for the Fall the Universal hotels rooms were all available up until just about time to leave, allowing me to get a good AP rate. When I looked yesterday for two week stays, using various dates between the last week in Sept. through the first two weeks in October, rooms available were very limited, especially at the deluxes. I compared the room accessibility to this summer's dates and there were actually less categories of rooms available for those Fall weeks than the summer months. Unless this was some sort of glitch, this may indicate the need to book soon if planning to stay onsite. Just giving a heads up if this is true.

Wow, that's great to hear for Universal...but bad for those of us who haven't booked yet :eek:

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Looks like this is really going to be a successful HHN 25. I'm taking an off year and spending this Fall's 2 week vacation at WDW (Yeah, I know, yell traitor). Anyway, yesterday it popped in my mind to maybe stop at Universal for a day or two to spend some time at Diagon Alley (which I greatly miss already) and see the progress on amazing Kong. I pulled up the onsite hotels ( I actually gavesome thought to staying at Universal & driving up to Disney since the Universal hotels are far superior value & amenity wise) and was surprised with what I saw. Usually when I book for the Fall the Universal hotels rooms were all available up until just about time to leave, allowing me to get a good AP rate. When I looked yesterday for two week stays, using various dates between the last week in Sept. through the first two weeks in October, rooms available were very limited, especially at the deluxes. I compared the room accessibility to this summer's dates and there were actually less categories of rooms available for those Fall weeks than the summer months. Unless this was some sort of glitch, this may indicate the need to book soon if planning to stay onsite. Just giving a heads up if this is true.

I was playing with some dates today, and I was looking at the end of October and for the dates I chose Royal Pacific was unavailable. So try to book soon!

Reactions: Mockingjay
Are there any rumors on the next official announcements? I believe its that time of year when they start rolling out.

I asked someone else this information, and they were able to provide me with last year's dates just in case we're following the same pattern, which wouldn't be crazy.

Last year:
June 9 - TWD, Ticket info, Website Update, UTH Tour Info

July 14 - From Dusk Til' Dawn

July 17 - Face/Off

July 21 - The Purge

Aug 4 - AvP

Aug 7 - Dracula

Aug 12 - Original Houses & Scarezones

Aug 28 - Halloween, Full Website

Thanks for last years info. Should be a good gauge to use for this year. So we have a few more weeks before announcements start rolling in.

Well, hopefully it'll be slightly modified to be a bit quicker since there's an extra house this year..but we'll see. The poor Hollywood folks have to wait until July before they even get their first announcement! :what:

My guess is 11 days until the next announcement. What do you think it will be? I'd guess either TWD (maybe Fear) or Insidious.

Am I the only 1 holding out hope that Scream is actually the return of Scream House?

My guess is 11 days until the next announcement. What do you think it will be? I'd guess either TWD (maybe Fear) or Insidious.

Am I the only 1 holding out hope that Scream is actually the return of Scream House?

That would be very out of place...Scream House belongs to the Caretaker and the Caretaker only

I'm sure the Caretaker will be present this year, so why not give him a house? He's probably the 2nd most popular icon they've had (give or take 1).

...because The Caretaker isn't the icon. He'll show up in the icon photo op zone and possibly in the Anniversary house, depending on how they frame that.

...because The Caretaker isn't the icon. He'll show up in the icon photo op zone and possibly in the Anniversary house, depending on how they frame that.
Maybe I'm confused... So what if he isn't the icon? How does that translate into him not being able to have his own house? It's not like since Jack is the theoretical icon all the houses make sense being tied to him (for example TWD and Insidious). As it looks currently, Jack doesn't even have his own house. I'm going to assume that he will only have his show. We (most of us) don't even know what the Anniversary House is actually going to consist of. Maybe the Caretaker isn't even in it... The event is a 25th Anniversary after all. Why not show off a fan favorite?

Reactions: Sledge
Maybe I'm confused... So what if he isn't the icon? How does that translate into him not being able to have his own house? It's not like since Jack is the theoretical icon all the houses make sense being tied to him (for example TWD and Insidious). As it looks currently, Jack doesn't even have his own house. I'm going to assume that he will only have his show. We (most of us) don't even know what the Anniversary House is actually going to consist of. Maybe the Caretaker isn't even in it... The event is a 25th Anniversary after all. Why not show off a fan favorite?

We have the list. It is almost certainly correct. We aren't going to suddenly get a red herring with a random Screamhouse sequel when there has been zero indication we'd get one up until now.

I have a feeling Jack will somehow headline (or be otherwise present in) the Anniversary house.

What you're describing is wishful thinking - what you'd like to see. That's fine, except now you're beginning to frame it as legitimate speculation - which it isn't. Nothing we've heard indicates a Screamhouse sequel this year. If Caretaker was the icon, then yeah, that would be fair game to think about... but he isn't.

Reactions: SeventyOne
We have the list. We aren't going to suddenly get a red herring with a random Screamhouse sequel when there has been zero indication we'd get one up until now.

Take a deep breath and relax. I was just asking some questions. We've had a list since late March or early April. Things have changed before. I just thought it was amusing that they are using Scream (which I don't think will be a very good choice) when they had a successful Scream House, which was used 3 different years (1 of which when the Director was the sole icon). In your mind somehow if Jack is the icon, no other icons could have a house during a 25th anniversary year. That just doesn't make any sense to me, especially since it obviously was already done before.

Whatever happened to the feeble attempt at saying there were multiple lists given out? I can't even ask a question without being reminded that there already is a list and there is no poosible way on Earth it could be incorrect.

"Nothing we've heard indicates a Screamhouse" except that we're probably getting a Scream House. Oh yeah, and what exactly have we heard? Was there a mention of Ghostface at any point (other than Mtv's mask shenanigans)?

Last edited:
Take a deep breath and relax. I was just asking some questions. We've had a list since late March or early April. Things have changed before. I just thought it was amusing that they are using Scream (which I don't think will be a very good choice) when they had a successful Scream House, which was used 3 different years (1 of which when the Director was the sole icon). In your mind somehow if Jack is the icon, no other icons could have a house during a 25th anniversary year. That just doesn't make any sense to me, especially since it obviously was already done before.

Whatever happened to the feeble attempt at saying there were multiple lists given out? I can't even ask a question without being reminded that there already is a list and there is no poosible way on Earth it could be incorrect.

"Nothing we've heard indicates a Screamhouse" except that we're probably getting a Scream House. Oh yeah, and what exactly have we heard? Was there a mention of Ghostface at any point (other than Mtv's mask shenanigans)?

Yes, we are probably getting a Scream *pause* *pause* *pause* House...not the ScreamHouse

Now, their may be a SH scene if they do a HHN anniversary house

You're reaching. There are people, some I talk to and some I don't, who know a lot more than the list that got leaked everywhere. We're getting Scream - it's just a matter of whether or not it's based on the films, or based on the new TV series (let's hope for the former.)

We have had one instance in which a separate icon has had a house of an iconic year - the example you mentioned, Screamhouse Revisited during HHN13. Which, incidentally, was mostly the same house, done to save money & ride on the previous year's popularity/success. This has never happened again. Why would this trend suddenly change, especially as the event has begun trending towards IPs?

Pretty sure the multiple list thing is bull. Again, people talk, and everyone can nail down that the list was legit. And again, you asked a question, it was answered - it's not happening, regardless of whether or not you think or want it to. Frankly, I think another Screamhouse would be pretty cool, and if they found a way to differentiate it from its predecessors it'd make a great addition to the HHN25 lineup... but it just isn't happening.

What we've heard is that we're getting Scream. The intellectual property Scream. Again, wishful thinking is one thing, but when you start to twist it into actual "this could be happening!," it's how bad rumors get started.

I just saw the first 8 minutes of the Scream TV series and it looks like it really isn't that bad as the initial trailer makes it out to be. It does have some have campy moments but that's kinda what Scream is all about. Feels like it's at least in the spirit of the film series. And the mask honestly doesn't look that bad in the actual show with lighting and color grading. After that first kill it was actually kinda badass IMO, not as iconic as the original but still pretty cool. Idk this gave me faith the show won't be as big a disaster that it seemed to be initially, at least to me. I think most will hate it either way. But yeah still hope the house is the movies.

The earliest Hollywood announces their first house will be the second week (or first full week) or July, so if another announcement happens this week or next week it can't be TWD or Insidious. Still banking on Scream being announced next.