Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just my own thought but maybe one team wanted the film and marketing wanted the TV show. You can't do both.

I'm bummed if Scream got scrapped but I'd rather have a 9th house then 8 houses. Sinister would be a decent replacement. Purge (1) could easily fit the setting as well.

Reactions: Brian G.
Just my own thought but maybe one team wanted the film and marketing wanted the TV show. You can't do both.

I'm bummed if Scream got scrapped but I'd rather have a 9th house then 8 houses. Sinister would be a decent replacement. Purge (1) could easily fit the setting as well.
While I don't know exact details, the nature of everything feels way, way bigger than internal squabbling between A&D and Marketing. This is a rights battle that Universal either straight lost or (I hope to believe) stuck to their guns so the [unnamed, unconfirmed] studio took their ball and went home.

That's the kind of thing that should have been written into the initial contract. These kind of things aren't handshake deals, there should have been an iron-clad contract in place before all the money for the house and marketing was laid out. I'm very curious what went down here.

So...marketing wants to use the iconic and recognizable Ghostface in it's campaigns, IP holder wants to use this as promotion for the TV show. Most of the IP contracts say that they have to please the IP holder or rights can be pulled. IP holder is a dick.
If I had to hazard a guess, this is what I'm thinking.
Maybe this is an opportunity to bring Crimson Peak to Orlando.
Way, way too late for that.

If that's the case I'm glad they stuck to their guns and didn't just settle. They know the backlash for the TV show would have been horrible.

It would be a knock out if they did The Conjuring but I really am thinking Sinister 1 & 2 for promotional use. The Purge could be a easy sale to. The Strangers as well. Perhaps a Paranormal Activity house (which I know is a huge shot in the dark)

Reactions: Brian G.
I just really hope it's not The Purge. That would almost be as bad as Scream the TV show. I hope they chose a new IP that hasn't been seen at the event yet and that fits the environment (Sinister, The Conjuring, American Horror Story season 1, etc).

I just really hope it's not The Purge. That would almost be as bad as Scream the TV show. I hope they chose a new IP that hasn't been seen at the event yet and that fits the environment (Sinister, The Conjuring, American Horror Story season 1, etc).

There is no way that they could get AHS this late in the game. Plus, I highly doubt Ryan Murphy would be any better than the Scream IP holders.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Crazy idea - maybe just let A&D flex their creative muscles and come up with an *original idea* to fit the already built sets!

Or, marketing can just say - "hmm, what fits in a domestic house?," book it, and toss the scrap at A&D and tell them to make it work.

Which do you think is more likely?

Reactions: Cole