Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea, I could see that being an issue, and if that is indeed what happens, I'll withdraw my complaint. But if the stage doesn't go behind walls until after the event, it definitely is a bit of a waste.

I can foresee a scenario where walls don't go up, but I feel like it could have been too much of a moving target during the planning stages where those kinds of decisions get made, especially given the finicky nature of this announcement in general. (I feel weird defending this choice.)

Still, they could've done something in Animal Actors now that the critters get shipped out nightly.

(Incidentally, I just booked 20 Penny Circus, the act from 2012. Nice guys.)

You really think this is published anywhere? This is a well-known, circulated "rumor" much in the way that we hear many whispers from resident insiders. I trust the people it came from. If you don't want to, that's fine, and it doesn't mean JKR couldn't be convinced otherwise, especially if there's no HHN content in the Wizarding Worlds. But it's also a little coincidental that they tried a "dry" event night not long after she supposedly visit. (It didn't go well.)

If anyone wants to go back about 5 or 6 years, the internet was fully grown when this happened, and the rumors were flying even back then.

There's no question but that HHN did one "dry" night, then backtracked the next night but still didn't bring Jello shot girls back that year. At the time, JKR seemed a likely candidate--she'd been here a few times to inspect the original WWoHP and she had a bit of a rep for being, for lack of a better word, "prissy" (the no Coke backstage policy, making Universal replace the roofs ...). The story quickly spread.

That said, a couple years ago, I forget the source, but someone who I trusted to know said it wasn't JKR but rather some 3d party corporate VP. Which ruined a cool story, and could be wrong in and of itself, but means the original rumor may be off-base.

Hell, didn't even have to be RHPS. Could've been another magic act. But some have hypothesized that they couldn't guarantee access to the BJ stage to the end of the run...

I can see not shelling out $$ for RHPS when it was playing to empty seats when it wasn't generating complaints, but yeah, a magic show would be fine (20 Penny Circus was fun, just wished they'd been allowed to change up their act throughout the night). Or even give the cast and fans of BJ a going-away gift with one final nighttime-only run. Anything to soak up bodies.

Reactions: JungleSkip
If anyone wants to go back about 5 or 6 years, the internet was fully grown when this happened, and the rumors were flying even back then.

There's no question but that HHN did one "dry" night, then backtracked the next night but still didn't bring Jello shot girls back that year. At the time, JKR seemed a likely candidate--she'd been here a few times to inspect the original WWoHP and she had a bit of a rep for being, for lack of a better word, "prissy" (the no Coke backstage policy, making Universal replace the roofs ...). The story quickly spread.

That said, a couple years ago, I forget the source, but someone who I trusted to know said it wasn't JKR but rather some 3d party corporate VP. Which ruined a cool story, and could be wrong in and of itself, but means the original rumor may be off-base.

Fair enough, appreciate your insight.

Doing a final encore round of Beetlejuice would be great, especially if BJ was allowed to be a little more lewd... but I imagine it'd be too similar to The Carnage Returns.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm hoping they use the water screens in the lagoon and the lasers. They could play clips of old HHN videos. Ads, houses, behind the scenes, etc. Throw some fog over the lagoon, have that playing throughout the night, and it's a little something extra to stop and watch in between houses.

I've always thought they should have The Horror Makeup Show running during HHN. If the actors during the day aren't available, just a hire a couple more for HHN only. They wouldn't have to make any kind of adjustments to the theater at all, because it's already a museum for horror.

Reactions: HalloweenStar
Last year in the last week or two they ran a whole bunch of old HHN videos on the side of the parade building. I would really like to see them do something like that but a little more substantial.

The dry nights also coincided with three people dying in drunk driving accidents while leaving HHN. The rumor I heard is the Director of Park Ops at the time directed no alcohol in response. They lost so much money on those two nights, they started selling again the following weekend.

Will the media see all of the houses on the 8th? My mind's a bit fuzzy since there was some kind of press thing last week with lights on tours.

Interesting. They'll need a lot more merch to fill a store than what they've had in year's past. But hopefully they take a page out of the store they have in HOS. Also wish Scream would have been a house as I would've bought lots of Scream merch, not so much anything else in the line-up.

OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION:

Holding areas will be:
1. Diagon Alley (exclusive for APs, includes the open Harry Potter ride, some stores/eateries)
2. Lucy or what was Lucy last year
3. Springfield
4. Delancey Street a.k.a. Finnegan's

****Rides open includes Escape from Gringotts ride till 12:00am all nights

Source: just bought tickets and the guy who sold them to me said he was just as surprised as I was and that they just found out earlier today EDIT: the guy was from guest services, the number that they give you to buy the tickets

My own speculation: maybe unannounced scare zone in Diagon? or London Waterfront? it could just include costumed scare actors and no props? (blue sky)

Last edited: