Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok. Since it's my fault it's being referenced, I'm officially killing the term "Mystery Box" on this board going forward. People are misusing it.

I also agree with ThNdlzNiR on the lead-time of planning a vacation. There is a huge difference between Target putting out decorations in September, and a family of 4 planning a trip thousands of miles away. Even just from a budget perspective.

So you're under the impression that most people traveling across the country book their trips to HHN in September? You can't possibly believe that. If their marketing is only targeting locals then the way they do it now makes sense. Waiting until a month or less isn't really helping bring in people from out of state. Announcing 2 weeks before is not really that different than waiting until opening night for those who need to plan in advance. What is the difference? From a planning perspective, the 2 weeks out definitely would be the same as the "mystery box". Even if they announced all the ips early, it's not like they can't continue to promote those houses the whole time leading up to the event for all those who aren't paying attention (especially locals). Really the event is probably big enough now that they should be advertising year round to some extent.
People who book a trip from across the country don't really wait till the lineup is announced. They also don't make up the majority of HHN guests. HHN is a very local focused event and this is what the marketing is intended for.

I was agreeing with you. Why are you arguing against us? o_O

My original point was that there are probably people out there that decide not to go to HHN because they feel they don't have enough time after they see something that intrigues them announced.

Maybe it's just the over-planner in me.

I am not from across the country but I am hooked on HHN so I book a block of time in a hotel for the event in March and fine tune it as I learn the dates.

IPs might draw in the first timers but anyone who has been knows they will get a quality product and don't wait for announcements. I trust M.A. to put on a great show for me so I get the planning out of the way early and can always adjust as needed once the event is closer. I originally booked 10 days and found I needed to add one so I will be there the 22nd - 3rd regardless if there are IPs I know or not.

With the way attendance has been the last few years I don't know how interested they are in pulling in more people, just get the ones they have to spend a little more (Express and ROF increases!) and it will be a success for them.

Last edited:
Ok...back to actual "speculation".

AHS has released three S6 teasers on Snapchat.

They consist of a house with smoke coming out of it, hands reaching up from the ground (in the woods?), and a baby's mobile with a bunch of murder implements on it. All, of course, with the question mark and 6 worked into them.

So...start the countdown? If they're gearing up (and we actually are getting AHS), an announce can't be far behind.

Reactions: snayberry
This website (American Horror Story 6 Theme Revealed By The Season 6 Teasers? - MoviePilot.com) has a great breakdown of all the teasers that have been found. First I thought it was only three, but more have been found today. Currently sitting at 6 different teasers...which is possibly all of them considering it make sense to have 6 teasers for season 6.

Also, am I the only one that finds it strange of the placement of the ? and how in some of the teasers, it almost has the shape of a "2"? I have been saying all along that the fact that, for the first time in the shows history, it had its premier date moved to Sept on the EXACT same day as employee/media preview day seemed strange. The more teasers we get, the odd placement of the "?", Ryan saying he wants to bring this season back to the shows roots of horror and not crazy sci-fi stuff (perfect for the event), it all just makes me think that this season of the show and the house we get will be a lot more connected than we are thinking. That farmhouse building would be a great facade and being able to walk through a house that is themed around a currently airing season of a TV show would be a first since TWD house is always a year behind.

Good compilation article.

There also seems to be a certain respect paid to horror origins in each of the teasers. Along with that, most of the houses this year (except TWD) are very rooted in classic horror.

Hmmmm...

So you're under the impression that most people traveling across the country book their trips to HHN in September? You can't possibly believe that. If their marketing is only targeting locals then the way they do it now makes sense. Waiting until a month or less isn't really helping bring in people from out of state. Announcing 2 weeks before is not really that different than waiting until opening night for those who need to plan in advance. What is the difference? From a planning perspective, the 2 weeks out definitely would be the same as the "mystery box". Even if they announced all the ips early, it's not like they can't continue to promote those houses the whole time leading up to the event for all those who aren't paying attention (especially locals). Really the event is probably big enough now that they should be advertising year round to some extent.
Most people who travel across the country aren't planning on going to HHN. That's the thing. They're working to attract people who are already going to be in the region and get them to add on to the trip. Again, most people don't think about Halloween until September. The vast majority of people (even those who think about Halloween year round) aren't traveling for a Halloween event. They don't think to. It's not a "travel holiday." That's why.

The HHNOrlando snapchat was active today! We got a guy "sneaking" into an original house. Shows off a brain hanging from what looks like could be a vine. Then a bunch of freshly skinned skulls. He finally gets grabbed and that's it. Not a ton to go off of other than a possible cannibal theme in a jungle based on the vine looking thing holding up the skull. Things are ramping up though now!

EDIT: Forgot to mention it was in a tent without a facade yet. Appeared to be the tent where Purge was last year.

The HHNOrlando snapchat was active today! We got a guy "sneaking" into an original house. Shows off a brain hanging from what looks like could be a vine. Then a bunch of freshly skinned skulls. He finally gets grabbed and that's it. Not a ton to go off of other than a possible cannibal theme in a jungle based on the vine looking thing holding up the skull. Things are ramping up though now!

EDIT: Forgot to mention it was in a tent without a facade yet. Appeared to be the tent where Purge was last year.

Please no Roanoke

Reactions: s8film40
We know Cobweb is in Tent 1 & TCM is in Tent 2. The Exorcist and TWD are in soundstages (and TWD shares a soundstage with an original).

I'm not sharing what else I've heard.

Reactions: Cole
Putting Chance inside Shrek and switching the queue around somehow so you exit right into the entrance to of the Hollywood scarezone would make it flow so well. We go inside the asylum and see her locked up going crazy and right when we exit, we are inside her "theater of the mind" scarezone.

Also, I doubt her house will be in 3D. Remember, they have said we will see Chance in her ripped straight jacket look only inside the house which is the asylum she is locked away in. An asylum in 3D just doesn't make sense.