Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's a really neat idea! However having personally watched scaffolding like that come down in wind I'm not sure putting tension on it to support something like would work.
They could if they countered the weight on the backside of the scaffolding. The stage is heavy enough to brace itself. Cables driven in the ground (through the trees) may support it.

Again, crazy theory. It's unlikely, but it would be interesting.

I hope that tower is for chance!!! Bigger and better is what I like to see. I heard rumblings that all but two houses are 100% done right now. Full audio, lighting, set work ect. They set up shop pretty quickly if what I heard is true. Wonder what the process of developing costumes and masks is like in comparison

Well back during that Scarezones podcast a few weeks ago, Mike said 4 of the houses were 100% finished. He backtracked though and said 1 might not be 100% yet but real close. Still, it's not unlikely that 3 more houses have been finished since then. It's easy to confirm that Cobweb is not 100% finished because there was no Facade at all in yesterday's snapchat teaser. I think the tent Facades might go up later when it is not SO hot outside to be doing construction. I remember reading years ago that they start (and try to finish) the tents first early on in the year as soon as they know what's going in them so they can finish them before the summer months. Then when summer rolls around, they stop most tent construction to focus on the air conditioned SS houses.

Does anybody know the deadline for house construction to be finished for inspections and to start scareactor training? I know they add and tweak things throughout the event but they have to have an inspection for fire and stuff right?

Reactions: Cole
Does anybody know the deadline for house construction to be finished for inspections and to start scareactor training? I know they add and tweak things throughout the event but they have to have an inspection for fire and stuff right?
Opening night. They'll keep building through rehearsals if they need to. Inspections occur during different phases of the build, but typically "construction" is complete by mid August. Electrical is a separate inspection, and dressing doesn't have to be inspected (except internal stuff to make sure it's ADA-compliant).

EDIT - Scareactor "training" is also a bit of a misnomer. Unless you have a unique effect (bungee, show scene, puppet, etc), training consists of "Here's your spot. Here's your e-prom. Don't get hit."

Last edited:
Question: Did all the AP rates sell out for Hard Rock months ago or are they not offering them during HHN any more? I know there were some last year.
When I booked Portofino for October, way back in April, there were AP rates for staying a couple of days at Portofino in the middle of the week, but no AP rates were available for my longer stay of 9 nights at Portofino.

Question: Did all the AP rates sell out for Hard Rock months ago or are they not offering them during HHN any more? I know there were some last year.

I think that the popularity of staying onsite for HHN is the reason.
As fast as they put out aph rates they get snapped up quickly. I belive
aph rates came out late May early June for Sept./Oct.
For the time we are there only seasonal rates are availible. Keep
checking as some will cancel opening up rooms(best to call).

I think that the popularity of staying onsite for HHN is the reason.
As fast as they put out aph rates they get snapped up quickly. I belive
aph rates came out late May early June for Sept./Oct.
For the time we are there only seasonal rates are availible. Keep
checking as some will cancel opening up rooms(best to call).

I've been checking since they have been released. I have yet to see any of Hard Rock. Everywhere else, yes. This is the first year I have seen this.

I'm not sure why I haven't posted my speculation map on here before so here you go. I originally had put the Chance house in Shrek but from what I've been told recently it may actually be in the new MIB tent which left Shrek open. Now it's already like 98% confirmed Hollywood is getting Krampus and it's heavily rumored to be coming here as well. It probably wouldn't have been put in the new tent (big heavy costumes/puppets+no AC) and I highly doubt it would be this year's mega house which only left Shrek. Opinions?

HHN%20Spec%20Map_2.png

It probably wouldn't have been put in the new tent (big heavy costumes/puppets+no AC)
Why would you think there would be no AC? There's absolutely no way they could do a tent house without AC, unless they want to wait until October to open it.

Reactions: Joel
Why would you think there would be no AC? There's absolutely no way they could do a tent house without AC, unless they want to wait until October to open it.

I meant no AC as in not having the insulation or AC power to keep those performers in those big costumes cool and make the house feel like winter. The sprung tents are able to maintain a comfortable temperature but I've never walked in and gone "it's cold in here." My bad, I should've been more clear.

I meant no AC as in not having the insulation or AC power to keep those performers in those big costumes cool and make the house feel like winter. The sprung tents are able to maintain a comfortable temperature but I've never walked in and gone "it's cold in here." My bad, I should've been more clear.
The tents have very capable AC. I'm not sure why everyone seems to have the impression that because it's a tent the AC wouldn't work as well. The biggest issue with making it cold to feel like Winter is keeping it comfortable for the cast. The only advantage a soundstage would have is its ability to quickly cycle all the air out, which isn't something that benefits HHN.

Wait... Are you saying that they can't make it cooler because the cast will be too uncomfortable?
I didn't say they couldn't, but I can't imagine people would want to work continuously in a cold environment. I would think 70 would be a good compromise, would feel cold for guest coming in out of the heat and wouldn't be too bad for the cast.

We do outdoor haunts every year that take place in 30's and 40's. I don't think hanging out inside (removed from the elements) in 50-60's (especially in costume) is going to kill anyone.
I agree, it's just not necessary. Somewhere around 70 or high 60's is more than enough to accomplish the effect.

Reactions: JohnnyKapustahead
They did a super cold environment before and they can sure as hell do it again. The big costumes, puppets and jackets will probably keep them even warmer anyways so who cares lol?