Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Like most of you I am quite happy with Chance being the icon this year. The actress who plays her is great and certainly warrants her own show. And because no one has mentioned what I think is "the elephant in the room", she is damn sexy in that outfit!

This is honestly my biggest fear right now. Without a mention of Chance getting a stage show, I fear that the Chance we see in the streets won't be the same actress. Just like with Lady Luck, you had your professional actress used for the media and marketing but when it came time to seeing her in the zone, the "real" one was never there.

She is an outstanding actress and Chance deserves a stage show. The #1 comment I kept seeing on twitter today when Mike was talking about her, was if she was getting a show. Hopefully if they were not planning it already, they will think about it again.

Reactions: Brownie54 and Cole
This is honestly my biggest fear right now. Without a mention of Chance getting a stage show, I fear that the Chance we see in the streets won't be the same actress. Just like with Lady Luck, you had your professional actress used for the media and marketing but when it came time to seeing her in the zone, the "real" one was never there.

She is an outstanding actress and Chance deserves a stage show. The #1 comment I kept seeing on twitter today when Mike was talking about her, was if she was getting a show. Hopefully if they were not planning it already, they will think about it again.
I'm pretty much 100% certain your not going to see her in the street unless you go in the daytime to see Lucy. It would be a a mob for selfies it wouldn't be practical even if they wanted to do it.

Reactions: Cole
All of this clamoring for Chance to have a show is ignoring one simple issue. What if the actress isn't available to do a show? What if she's getting married? What if she's pregnant? What if she would rather enjoy her October for once?

I'm sure A&D WANTS to give her a show, and I'm sure she'd be honored to headline it. But if it doesn't happen, there's going to be a reason. And whatever that reason is isn't our business.

I'm pretty much 100% certain your not going to see her in the street unless you go in the daytime to see Lucy. It would be a a mob for selfies it wouldn't be practical even if they wanted to do it.

Which is exactly what I was saying last night. Giving Chance a street zone just seems so odd to me. The actress will be swarmed with drunk people wanting a selfie and that takes away any level of fear. It's going to be almost impossible to guess what her scarezone is going to be like. Until we know more about her scarezone, I am going to be worried. My hope is that a stage show is part of her scarezone and she will come out from time to time to put on a show and that will be the only time you see her in the zone. I don't want another Lady Luck scarezone where they had a bunch of Lady Lucks attempting to scare people because that zone, single handily, turn that Icon into a joke for me. There is only one Chance and only one actress who should ever be allowed to portray her outside of a house where she doesn't have to do a lot of talking.

Reactions: Brownie54
All of this clamoring for Chance to have a show is ignoring one simple issue. What if the actress isn't available to do a show? What if she's getting married? What if she's pregnant? What if she would rather enjoy her October for once?

I'm sure A&D WANTS to give her a show, and I'm sure she'd be honored to headline it. But if it doesn't happen, there's going to be a reason. And whatever that reason is isn't our business.
Yeah it's important to remember she's an actress and does more beyond just Universal. If she had a movie deal or some other commitment during that period she may not be available. That being said I have to believe that before deciding to make her the ICON of the event they made sure she was available. Through the process of elimination being that she can't be in the street and she likely wouldn't be in a house she has to be doing a show. Now I think it could be something a little more scaled down from what Jack had last year but there has to be some way for her to make an appearance at the event and a show is the only way. I assume it will be a show within her scare zone.

Yeah it's important to remember she's an actress and does more beyond just Universal. If she had a movie deal or some other commitment during that period she may not be available. That being said I have to believe that before deciding to make her the ICON of the event they made sure she was available. Through the process of elimination being that she can't be in the street and she likely wouldn't be in a house she has to be doing a show. Now I think it could be something a little more scaled down from what Jack had last year but there has to be some way for her to make an appearance at the event and a show is the only way. I assume it will be a show within her scare zone.
I would imagine there will be multiple Chances throughout the house...They've done that with the icons in previous years and Jack last year

Somewhat off topic, but is the actress playing Chance known for other things? I swear she looks familiar to me but I can't put my finger on it.

She plays Lucy in the parks during the day and has been in numerous Bill and Teds.

And it's important to remember that Jack is the only icon (to my knowledge) where the "real" icon was in a live show. The real Caretaker did some queue interaction outside Screamhouse, but that was it. He wasn't in Port of Evil. I'm fairly certain the real Director didn't do the casting call show in 2003. Luck did occassional meet-and-greets, and the rest of the icons didn't have shows. There's actually more precedent for the icon NOT having their own show than having one.

She plays Lucy in the parks during the day and has been in numerous Bill and Teds.

And it's important to remember that Jack is the only icon (to my knowledge) where the "real" icon was in a live show. The real Caretaker did some queue interaction outside Screamhouse, but that was it. He wasn't in Port of Evil. I'm fairly certain the real Director didn't do the casting call show in 2003. Luck did occassional meet-and-greets, and the rest of the icons didn't have shows. There's actually more precedent for the icon NOT having their own show than having one.
Yeah but this is different in that she appeared just last year in a show. Everyone general public included will be expecting to see the "real" chance, the same one they saw last year.

I imagine the "real" chance will do the show and promotional pieces only..
Yeah that's what I was saying. I don't expect to see her in the house outside of a few times just for fun and promotion and I don't expect to see her walking around in her scare zone. So a show is what it will have to be.

Yeah... I think you over estimate how much the general public cares, or is educated, on minutiae like that.
No, I don't think so. If that were the case they could have had anyone play Jack last year and for that matter they didn't need her to play Chance either. I don't see her not returning to reprise her role when it's made into an icon. I mean seriously she plays Chance all these years and they finally put her front and center in the spotlight and you think the actress will be MIA.

Reactions: Brervixen
I just realized that they've now announced a house and a scare zone without actually announcing them. It seems strange to me that they would do that without giving the name, art work etc.