Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I the only one wondering exactly how Chance became trapped inside a Jack In The Box? Lol. (Warning, more total blue sky talk here!) Last years Legendary Truth addition alluded to the idea that Bloody Mary, and possibly someone within the organization itself, played a large role in letting Jack and the other icon's out of Fear's lantern. Perhaps then Legendary Truth is responsible for trapping Chance in the Jack In The Box? Tying that to Chance's story for this years event, it would be interesting to see the main show actually be based on Legendary Truth, with heavy ties to Chance's story, without actually featuring Chance herself. And it could account for the lack of confirmation on if she actually has her own show.

That all said, I would rather see Chance headline her own show. Shes to great a character not to take full advantage of the actresses talents.

Longtime lurker, first-time poster.

Have a trip booked for weekend of October 6-9th and haven't been since Reflection of Fear in 2008.

You *can* buy the Express Passes at a later time after buying the the event tickets, correct? It's just the FFP's where you need to get the combination at the same time, right?

Yeah, you can buy Express Passes at a later time. However they are limited, so on busy nights they could sell out well in advanced of the day of the event.

Reactions: captainryborg
Im not sure if it's been discussed yet, but which hint belongs to Chance's House?

Shall Not Be Named

The Requeling

Claustrophobic Jewel

Or

The Unknown

Am I the only one wondering exactly how Chance became trapped inside a Jack In The Box? Lol. (Warning, more total blue sky talk here!) Last years Legendary Truth addition alluded to the idea that Bloody Mary, and possibly someone within the organization itself, played a large role in letting Jack and the other icon's out of Fear's lantern. Perhaps then Legendary Truth is responsible for trapping Chance in the Jack In The Box? Tying that to Chance's story for this years event, it would be interesting to see the main show actually be based on Legendary Truth, with heavy ties to Chance's story, without actually featuring Chance herself. And it could account for the lack of confirmation on if she actually has her own show.

That all said, I would rather see Chance headline her own show. Shes to great a character not to take full advantage of the actresses talents.

I have not gotten the impression that she is trapped inside the Jack in the Box, but that she is locked up at a prison/asylum where the Jack in the Box also happens to be (like in an evidence room or something). Am I reading it wrong?

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Im not sure if it's been discussed yet, but which hint belongs to Chance's House?

Shall Not Be Named

The Requeling

Claustrophobic Jewel

Or

The Unknown
Well, I didn't know anything about Chance until last week (and even then, didn't know it was specifically her).

I have not gotten the impression that she is trapped inside the Jack in the Box, but that she is locked up at a prison/asylum where the Jack in the Box also happens to be (like in an evidence room or something). Am I reading it wrong?

Yea, she's not inside the box. She's in prison. The event will be held in her head, more or less. Her delusional sense of reality

Yeah, you can buy Express Passes at a later time. However they are limited, so on busy nights they could sell out well in advanced of the day of the event.
If I remember the tweet correctly didn't he say she was in prison and Jack was in the Jack in the Box on the shelf?

You are totally right lol. I'm going on 26 hours with no sleep, I've been misreading everything today! Should have seen the email I almost sent my boss... Would have been "you're fired" worthy had I not gone back a re-read it lol.

And in that case, I like my first blue sky idea better. Free the Icon's Chance! LOL

So, here's a thought: Jack was put dead into the box and resurrected with some sort of supernatural-ish or demonic powers. Now Chance is locked up somewhere and the box happens to be there too. We are being told that it is her turn now, so did the box provide Jack powers that Chance is now going to try to harness for herself?

So, here's a thought: Jack was put dead into the box and resurrected with some sort of supernatural-ish or demonic powers. Now Chance is locked up somewhere and the box happens to be there too. We are being told that it is her turn now, so did the box provide Jack powers that Chance is now going to try to harness for herself?
Or perhaps Jack never really existed and Chance is crazy carrying around a Jack in the Box and blaming everything she does on "Jack".

Ultimate Frequent Fear. EVERY single night for $200 or $600 with Express.

Major lol at the people who said Frequent Fear was going to get scaled back or go away. :lmao:

Universal loves having regulars come to HHN to drink and fill up the slow B&T shows and maybe buy a t-shirt.

It's that pesky habit of clogging up the houses that seems to be the issue.

Jack has existed well before Chance (Even though before Albert Caine was decided for 12, they we're toying on a Female Jack by the name of Jill..). Jack in the core, is Horror Nights and he's gone right now as Chance is alone, for the time being. From what it seems, outside the house will be all of what is in her mind, of a "theatre" showcasing her darkest memories and then the House can probably be related to what she actually does while Jack is away, with a gritty outlook onto it all.

That's how I see it, because I doubt we're getting Jack at all this year (And if he is, it'd be at a special Fan-Meetup like The Last Laugh).

But Chance didn't first appear until Carnival of Carnage... how would that explain Jack's first few years at the event?
Perhaps that was just her dreaming him into existence. I'm just coming up with crazy what if theories, they could ultimately take it in any direction they want.

Perhaps that was just her dreaming him into existence. I'm just coming up with crazy what if theories, they could ultimately take it in any direction they want.

Even with how popular Chance is, I think they would anger the hardcore HHN fans in doing that. Just doesn't seem like Mike would risk it. Jack is just way to popular, and his backstory is so elaborate at this point that to go and spin it in a rather clichéd direction like that seems uninspired. How many horror movies do we have know that end with "just kidding, he/she is locked up now and it was all in their head?" Or "the killer isn't real, he/she was the was actually the killer all along?"

Last edited:
Even with how popular Chance is, I think they would anger the hardcore HHN fans in doing that. Just doesn't seem like Mike would risk it. Jack is just way to popular, and his backstory is so elaborate at this point that to go and spin it in a rather clichéd direction like that seems uninspired. How many horror movies do we have know that end with "just kidding, he/she is locked up now and it was all in their head?" Or "the killer isn't real, he/she was the was actually the killer all along?"
I think my "fan theory" was half joking. It would be a fun twist but as you said the fans wouldn't like it.

I love this, a most likely all women's scarezone plus a trippy house staring chance? I mean you can't friggin lose that's awesome on its own. If a show is happening I expect the announcement to be later. Last year with Jack being the first thing to be announced, carnage returns was pretty much the last thing to be shown. I expect to learn more about her house, scarezone and a possible show on the final, original houses announcements and you should too!!!

If you went on one of the Unmasking the Horror tours that included Bodycollectors last year, you actually got to see Jack and Eddie's origin.

[Spoiler?] They were little babies in the catacombs of Shadybrook circa 1800s

Reactions: RevFreako
Like most of you I am quite happy with Chance being the icon this year. The actress who plays her is great and certainly warrants her own show. And because no one has mentioned what I think is "the elephant in the room", she is damn sexy in that outfit!