Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I posted this over on Facebook... I know the story details they released don't support this happening, but it would be an interesting direction for them to go I think:

Just totally blue skying here, but this gives them the perfect opportunity to usher in a new era of Icons. The Icons have all been absent for years, aside from last years Scarezone. They have the oppurtunity to build a story behind why the Icons have been gone. Chance eludes to having been captured. Perhaps the same thing has happened to the other Icons as well, and they are all now inmates at an asylum (sans Jack)... That is until Chance's arrival. She takes control of the asylum after having been captured and releases the Icons in a bid to escape, opening the way for the others to be used in the years to come.
Me likey

Really excited about how they are actually using Chance's story as the "reason" the event is happening. I feel like we haven't seen that kind of (admittedly loose) backstory since 2011 or even longer.

Regarding ticket prices, I honestly forget, is it normal for them not to release AP prices right away? Or is there a chance annual passholders no longer get a discount....

Reactions: Clive
Really excited about how they are actually using Chance's story as the "reason" the event is happening. I feel like we haven't seen that kind of (admittedly loose) backstory since 2011 or even longer.

Regarding ticket prices, I honestly forget, is it normal for them not to release AP prices right away? Or is there a chance annual passholders no longer get a discount....

I hope the AP discount is just taking a little longer. I mean, the tickets are not even officially on the main Horror Nights website yet. Most likely it will be a few hours before everything is updated. Just glad to see RoF + Express is still a thing! Going down for 11 nights to enjoy 8 HHN nights!

There pricing makes no sense. You get multiple nights for less than a 1 night ticket lol I know deals will happen and most people won't pay over $100 for a ticket, but still seems silly.

Also, $10 more for 8 more events, then $10 more for 6 more nights. I feel like they want people to come a ton and doesn't this just drive up crowd levels to the point where they can't handle them. Just seems odd to me.

For me I am thinking about Rush of Fear, but we will see. I mainly want to go the beginning weekends since that is when my AP is still good.

I hope the AP discount is just taking a little longer. I mean, the tickets are not even officially on the main Horror Nights website yet. Most likely it will be a few hours before everything is updated. Just glad to see RoF + Express is still a thing! Going down for 11 nights to enjoy 8 HHN nights!

AP rates are coming.

Thanks, guys. I just asked because of the knee-jerk panic response my bank account just experienced.

Also, now that we have a confirmed Chance house, everyone seems to mention the idea of Chance being incarcerated at Shadybrook. Just to throw fuel on the speculation flames, could there also be a chance (no pun intended) that our beloved harlequinn of horror is doing time in Hellgate prison? I guess only time will tell.

Also, now that we have a confirmed Chance house, everyone seems to mention the idea of Chance being incarcerated at Shadybrook. Just to throw fuel on the speculation flames, could there also be a chance (no pun intended) that our beloved harlequinn of horror is doing time in Hellgate prison? I guess only time will tell.
Either is possible, but I don't think will make a difference.

Thanks, guys. I just asked because of the knee-jerk panic response my bank account just experienced.

Don't expect either Shadybrook or Hellgate. HHN's Twitter confirmed the "method" of her incarceration. She is imprisoned inside a "Jack In The Box" toy that is sitting in a police evidence room. The house is the make believe world she created inside her "prison". They have the chance (no pun intended) to really make it something unique with that backstory, so falling back on something like Shadybrooke or Hellgate as her make believe world seems a little like a cop-out to me.

Either is possible, but I don't think will make a difference.

I mean, if we are going off the "Following in Jack's footsteps" line of thinking then I would believe it is Hellgate, but I also doubt the prison or asylum is going to play that big of a role. Somehow, I imagine this taking place mostly in her fantasy world as I am guessing we will be getting her background (hence the tragedy).

2015/2016 prices:

General Admission: $101.99/$104.99 (Up $3 this year)
Rush of Fear: $83.99/$91.99 (Up $8 this year)
Rush of Fear Express: $219.99/$299.99 (Up $80 this year!)
Frequent Fear: $94.99/$102.99 (Up $8 this year)
Frequent Fear Express: $234.99/$319.99 (Up $85 this year!)
Frequent Fear Plus: $110.99/$118.99 (Up $8 this year)
Frequent Fear Plus Express: $279.99/$399.99 (Up $120 this year!!!!!)
Ultimate Fear: $200 (New)
Ultimate Fear Express: $600 (New)

Express:

Opening weekend:

Friday: $70/$80 (Up $20 this year)
Saturday: $70/$100 (Up $30 this year)
Sunday: $90 (New)

Week 2:

Thursday: $70/$80 (Up $10 this year)
Friday: $70/$100 (Up $30 this year)
Saturday: $80/$110 (Up $30 this year)
Sunday: $70/$80 (Up $10 this year)

Week 3:

Thursday: $70/$100 (Up $30 this year)
Friday: $100/$100 (Flat)
Saturday: $100/$120 (Up $20 this year)
Sunday: $80/$100 (Up $20 this year)

Week 4:

Thursday: $80/$100 (Up $20 this year)
Friday: $110/$120 (Up $10 this year)
Saturday: $120/$140 (Up $20 this year)
Sunday: $100/$120 (Up $20 this year)

Week 5:

Wednesday: $80/$90 (Up $10 this year)
Thursday: $90/$100 (Up $10 this year)
Friday: $120/$120 (Flat)
Sunday: $100/$120 (Up $20 this year)

Week 6:

Wednesday: $80/$80 (Flat)
Thursday: $100/$100 (Flat)
Friday: $120/$120 (Flat)
Sunday: $100/$130 (Up $30 this year)

Week 7:

Wednesday: $80/$100 (Up $20 this year)
Thursday: $90/$100 (Up $10 this year)
Friday: $100/$100 (Flat)
Saturday: $100/$120 (Up $20 this year)
Sunday: $80/$100 (Up $20 this year)
Monday: $100 (New)

There pricing makes no sense. You get multiple nights for less than a 1 night ticket lol I know deals will happen and most people won't pay over $100 for a ticket, but still seems silly.

Also, $10 more for 8 more events, then $10 more for 6 more nights. I feel like they want people to come a ton and doesn't this just drive up crowd levels to the point where they can't handle them. Just seems odd to me.

For me I am thinking about Rush of Fear, but we will see. I mainly want to go the beginning weekends since that is when my AP is still good.

don't think the increases for Express have ever been this steep, though. It seems like maybe they're trying to cut down on those

don't think the increases for Express have ever been this steep, though. It seems like maybe they're trying to cut down on those

Yeah after seeing the comparison post in the other ticket thread, I commented over there that they are not trying to reduce multi-day people, but trying to reduce multi-day people with express. Cutting those waits down. I imagine they get more upset people in customer service who paid for express and wait 30 minutes than they do people who pay a one day ticket and wait in long regular lines.

Yeah after seeing the comparison post in the other ticket thread, I commented over there that they are not trying to reduce multi-day people, but trying to reduce multi-day people with express. Cutting those waits down. I imagine they get more upset people in customer service who paid for express and wait 30 minutes than they do people who pay a one day ticket and wait in long regular lines.
Yep this is exactly what I had predicted last year. FFP+ is the best per day value, they want those people there the longer/more days the better but Express becomes an issue.

Yep this is exactly what I had predicted last year. FFP+ is the best per day value, they want those people there the longer/more days the better but Express becomes an issue.

It's an interesting strategy, for sure. I'm interested to see if it pays off

Reactions: SeventyOne
Longtime lurker, first-time poster.

Have a trip booked for weekend of October 6-9th and haven't been since Reflection of Fear in 2008.

You *can* buy the Express Passes at a later time after buying the the event tickets, correct? It's just the FFP's where you need to get the combination at the same time, right?