Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think shrek has tons of potential. They really did a lot for Alice last year with many great sets, layouts and large rooms. Not to mention there was no trace of anything shrek around it and how well air conditioned it was. They can really do a lot with that space, destroys the disaster and jaws queue by a long shot

Reactions: anihilnation
At least read the rest of the sentence. He said cold. The point being they've only made a house intentional cold to match its theme ONCE. They've had at least three snowy houses, plus one with "cold" actually in the title, and they've cranked the thermostat once.
I read the sentence, and I want to know how many cold theme houses have taken place in a tent over the past several years. Winter's Night, The Thing (2011), and last year's Body Collectors all had snow and they all took place in sound stages. They may have not all been as cold as Winter's Night, but they were cooler than any of the houses located in the tents.

Edit: Even Cold Blind Terror was in a sound stage (20).

I really don't understand how people are actually defending a theoretical piss poor decision like this. The cold is a huge part of the movie. If they have the capability to make it colder, they should. It's not rocket science.

Last edited:
There's way too much being made about this.

After running around in the heat and Florida humidity, any air conditioning will feel significantly cooler than outside.

Drop it down a few degrees more than they normally would, and add in some context clues (snow, fake frost, etc), and BAM! You have what people perceive as a "cold" house.

It's all illusion and tricking your mind. That's what the HHN team does.

Ask anyone who went through Cold Blind Terror, and they'll tell you it was hotter than hell in there.

And the argument is that the temperature is irrelevant. You can claim it's a "piss poor decision," but the fact is that it won't make a difference. They can make it "snow" outside just as easily as inside. They air-condition the tents. Fans are screaming snow houses have to cold when they don't. They definitely don't just because fans say so.

There's way too much being made about this.

After running around in the heat and Florida humidity, any air conditioning will feel significantly cooler than outside.

Drop it down a few degrees more than they normally would, and add in some context clues (snow, fake frost, etc), and BAM! You have what people perceive as a "cold" house.

It's all illusion and tricking your mind. That's what the HHN team does.
The execution of what you're referring to is always better in a sound stage. I couldn't tell you why. Better ac units, better air circulation, more fans.... Whatever is it, the cooling effects work better in a sound stage. The tents are always warmer in general. That is why I keep asking if they've put any arctic/cool themed houses in a tent. I don't think they have as much control of the temperatures in the tents.

^^^ Sure you're right... A blizzard should be warm. C'mon.

The execution of what your referring to is always better in a sound stage. I couldn't tell you why. Better ac units, better air circulation, more fans.... Whatever is it, the cooling effects work better in a sound stage. The tents are always warmer in general. That is why I keep asking if they've put any arctic/cool themed houses in a tent. I don't thin
k they have as much control of the temperatures in the tents.

^^^ Sure you're right... A blizzard should be warm. C'mon.
These tents are designed to be a comfortable 72-74 degrees even when it's 100+ outside. Somehow I don't think 69-70 is much of a stretch.

Totally agreed that it would be easier to pull off in a SS (or Shrek). It just sounds like many people are thinking that being in a tent would ruin the experience.

I'm not saying that they wouldn't have an uphill battle in a tent, just that they'll have their work cut out for them. But, that's why they're the professionals, and I'm sure they'll do all they can to solve the puzzle the best they can.

Besides, from what it sounds like, this whole discussion may be null and void if they confirm a speculated location.

Can someone help explain how we got our speculation this year, in terms of what's left? What evidence are we basing AHS and Krampus and Ghost Town off of, did one specific person say something I missed?

Can someone help explain how we got our speculation this year, in terms of what's left? What evidence are we basing AHS and Krampus and Ghost Town off of, did one specific person say something I missed?
*wave*

It's kind of all over the place this year. Most of it is based in rumors shared (a western house) and my hint list. The remaining of which are:

The Expected
The Requeling
Shall Not Be Named

I don't think the house has to be cool as long as the surrounding theme makes you feel cooled. For example body collectors last year didn't lower the temperature but the snow effects, blue lighting and nature of it just chilled you to the bone. Granted the effect in winters night did really add to its experience but as long as it looks cold, it'll feel cold to me

Reactions: DannyPowers
Um...

Pirates in San Fran
Angels vs Demons in New York
Bug infestation in Sting Ally
Chance/Circus in AoS
Medieval/Dragons in Central Park
Gangsters in Hollywood

There... I made stuff up.

You sir are a giver. :)

Chance / Circus is not really that far off from what could be. I can see that happening.