Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

I've actually heard more positive reviews things than negative. Keep in mind the event just started. Some houses get worse. Some improve. If you're still on the fence give it another night or two. You might be surprised.

Hallow'd Past got high praise during 20 but over time (even before Jacks 25) it really was a weak attempt.

The Forsaken started off a little weak at the start of the event and eventually amped up.

HHN is almost like a living breathing beast that ebbs and flows during it's short life.

Thanks for the opinions gentlemen. It's greatly appreciated. The late Sunday tip on lower crowd levels & original houses should fit in well since we are going late that day. And we will do at least one/two Stay & Scream since that worked well last time and seems to be the hidden key. :thumbsup:

Last year was so overrated man...I'm surprised people hold it in such high regard.

Monsters & Mayhem
Insidious
Body Collectors
Icons Zone and Die In

FvJ was good, the rest were average or flat out terrible (Purge and TWD). Other zones were about par.

I can see this event coming around to be the best lineup since 21.
I agree, I thought Purge was meh but TWD and Alice were horrible! Admittedly I am not a 3D fan but I don't get the love that house receives.

Last year just had a better overall theme. Jack and his show had a stronger presence .
I think we all praise it just because it had better zones and atmosphere.

This might be controversial to say but i think chance ended up being a little bit of a weak icon.
The event feels a little disjointed, the atmosphere is not as tight as last year.
The houses are very strong but the zones are not as fun.

As far as walking dead. They could never over do the giant mega house. This years house is simply a rehash. Theres nothing new or different. If u loved walking dead in the past ull love this one.
If u dont care for walking dead this wont change ur mind.

It is kind of nice to see things from the walking dead scarezones incorporated into. The house.

It was kind of nice to see a "best of" house, but to me this works better as a walking dead museum display or something like that. I appreciate it as a special exhibition of the history of walking dead and hhn.

But this is the last drop. This needs to be the end. They have squeezed everything out of this property. They have nothing left to create that would be new and exciting.

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen a more polarizing house than The Walking Dead. I've heard Tim & Jenn and others trash it. The OU fellas and some on here praise it. I didn't even include it on my top list even tho I walked through it because it doesn't deserve any more shine. It's passable, still doesn't hold a candle to End of Line. The fact that its remotely good after so many attempts does it really matter? So many other houses this year that deserve more attention and walk throughs than the same old tripe everyone complains about year after year.

If you want it gone. Stop visiting the house so much and singing its praise.

Saw a few WD better than Tomb ranks. :what: :faint:Shame on you.

It's been a surprisingly solid house for the 3 of us. I've had 3 runs and it's been strong each time. Seems like the cast are trying their best (probably due to the fact they know the fans, and a good amount of the GP, are tired of it) and it's paying off.

FWIW, the code name for the house was Uncle.. so that tells you where we're going from here. :lol:

As far as the house line-up, I'd rather have 7-8 solid houses then 2 stellar, 2 good, 2-3 meh... you get the jist.

Crowds Sunday were noticeably lighter even before the monsoon set in. Not sure if people were burned out by 2 nights already, or if no one knew first Sunday had an event this year.

Even with football on you could maneuver Finns with ease during S&S. Anecdotally I hear Lucy S&S was packed, with people waiting to release to AHS.

Yeah, I think everyone is waiting for AHS out of fear of the 2-3 hour waits. Seems like Exorcist gets the run-off from it and opens around 45-60 min. We hit AHS, TWD, Krampus, Halloween, Tomb all by 730-8 and went back to the SS's to see Exorcist around a 25 min wait and Ghost Town at 15. We probably could have down each house a few more times but alas...... MONSOON!

Last edited:
It's been a surprisingly solid house for the 3 of us. I've had 3 runs and it's been strong each time. Seems like the cast are trying their best (probably due to the fact they know the fans, and a good amount of the GP, are tired of it) and it's paying off.

FWIW, the code name for the house was Uncle.. so that tells you where we're going from here. :lol:

As far as the house line-up, I'd rather have 7-8 solid houses then 2 stellar, 2 good, 2-3 meh... you get the jist.

Yeah, I think everyone is waiting for AHS out of fear of the 2-3 hour waits. Seems like Exorcist gets the run-off from it and opens around 45-60 min. We hit AHS, TWD, Krampus, Halloween, Tomb all by 730-8 and went back to the SS's to see Exorcist around a 25 min wait and Ghost Town at 15. We probably could have down each house a few more times but alas...... MONSOON!
Uncle? Where are we going?

I think the problem with Chance this year isn't really a problem with the concept of her as an Icon more so its the execution. To me she doesn't feel like the Chance we have seen before and especially not the Chance character from last year. I wish I could describe it better but it is almost like it is a fan of Chance rather than the Chance. This isn't just me saying I wouldn't except someone besides the real Chance playing her, the persona feels lost.

From what I've seen in her SZ and during Tim Trackers scare dining experience, I think Chance has....like one thing in her repertoire...and it's laughing really high pitched and loud.

I just don't feel like there's a lot of depth to her character, and there's nothing scary about her. I wanna love her, and I know this is beating a dead horse, but she seems like a bad Harley Quinn knockoff. It's hard to describe it as anything else, and I wanted to because it's easy to compare the two. Shes Harley Quinn mixed with the guy in the dunk tank at the Carnival pandering to the audience......just meh.

I think the problem with Chance this year isn't really a problem with the concept of her as an Icon more so its the execution. To me she doesn't feel like the Chance we have seen before and especially not the Chance character from last year. I wish I could describe it better but it is almost like it is a fan of Chance rather than the Chance. This isn't just me saying I wouldn't except someone besides the real Chance playing her, the persona feels lost.
Yeah I think this falls into the "if you can't do something right, don't do it at all" category. This is one of the key issues with the event this year. It's got some really strong houses and this year's event is really great, just doesn't have that cohesive feel that was there last year.

I notice a lot of people saying that last year had a cohesive feel and I am curious what they feel contributed to that? Jack had a house, show, and arguably the Icon scarezone, but the rest was not really tied in at all (as far as I could tell). What, apart from those three things, was cohesive about last year (apart from a throat cutting scene appearing in half the houses)?

But I'm beginning to wonder if we've become so critical we forgotten to just have fun with this event. I know for sure I've been guilty of this.

I had a blast watching Suicide Squad. Afterwards, I can still discuss critically how its editing, visual effects, etc. were horrible. I imagine I still would have had fun, possibly even more fun, had those issues been fixed.

I notice a lot of people saying that last year had a cohesive feel and I am curious what they feel contributed to that? Jack had a house, show, and arguably the Icon scarezone, but the rest was not really tied in at all (as far as I could tell). What, apart from those three things, was cohesive about last year (apart from a throat cutting scene appearing in half the houses)?

I'm not one of those who says that, but there was a loose "greatest hits" feel to much of the event. Obviously Jack and M&M, but also icons, BodyCollectors, pumpkin trees, variations on Scary Tales characters, Freddy and Jason, even TWD--all featured prominently in previous HHNs.