Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The best part of HP during HHN is that there is no HHN in the HP area. Spent 30 minutes with my friends roaming around last year to break up some houses and had the whole place to ourselves. Literally the only 5 people in DA, pretty cool experience!
Yes, we did that also a couple of times in the previous year. It was nice and quiet in Diagon, or at least until Bill & Ted let out, then it got jam packed for a while.

So I’ve heard rumors that SNL is also a potential B&T replacement... between Hook & HP what do you guys think we’ll get? Possibly both?

So I’ve heard rumors that SNL is also a potential B&T replacement... between Hook & HP what do you guys think we’ll get? Possibly both?

It should be reminded that Hook seems to have the most for it right now, as per what @SeventyOne has seemed to indicate.

And unlike SNL, it wouldn't be dated..I'd be all up for a dark Potter show as long as it's marketed as that, not for children.

Based on what I heard SNL wouldn’t happen. Or rick and Morty or anything else of that nature. Budget on B&T was so large due to equity actors, pyro, dancers, etc that its budget is what we’re getting a tenth house with. Don’t expect a similar show.
With no B&T to eat up crowds every hour or so, they NEED a 10th house simply for the sanity of the event. Crowds would be ridiculous otherwise.

Still sad B&T isn't coming back, but at least we're gaining a house.

Hook is HP, at least everything led me to be extremely confident in that.
My main gist is we’ll probably have two shows but it won’t be a simple swap out of B&T for _____.
Which is important to differentiate. Hook was wasn’t a stage show. It was a street show closer to the Durmstang/Bobattons show... while the Hogwarts projections are going on at the same time.

Reactions: SeventyOne
INCREDIBLY unpopular opinion but id rather have a whole event with nothing but the purge than harry potter getting involved. as a former fan, it just seems like the whole franchise is tarnished because Rowling/Warner Bros milked it half to death and it’s been growing more and more annoying for me

Hook is HP, at least everything led me to be extremely confident in that.
Which is important to differentiate. Hook was wasn’t a stage show. It was a street show closer to the Durmstang/Bobattons show... while the Hogwarts projections are going on at the same time.

It also got as far as casting. I entirely believe costumes were created. People had parts, rehearsals had begun, performers were released/moved to other scare actor roles (most eventually quit).

Reactions: SeventyOne
INCREDIBLY unpopular opinion but id rather have a whole event with nothing but the purge than harry potter getting involved. as a former fan, it just seems like the whole franchise is tarnished because Rowling/Warner Bros milked it half to death and it’s been growing more and more annoying for me

I think the best thing to do is a "family" halloween event in IOA with Hook and then HHN at USF. But hey, I'm just a dreamer ya know.

I just fear the budget for the houses, even with no B&T, would be spread too thin to make a strong house lineup if the number were pushed to ten. Maybe if they don't do another megahouse, but lord knows how much they're spending to get It and Stranger Things. At least one of those houses will have to be a budget 3D maze. Either that, or they're going to have to go really light on scarezones again.

I just fear the budget for the houses, even with no B&T, would be spread too thin to make a strong house lineup if the number were pushed to ten. Maybe if they don't do another megahouse, but lord knows how much they're spending to get It and Stranger Things. At least one of those houses will have to be a budget 3D maze. Either that, or they're going to have to go really light on scarezones again.

What I've heard is don't worry.

So is it just speculation or rumor at this point that we’re gonna have 10 houses and a two park event? And also are the IP’s we’ve been speculating actually coming or not?

Woah 10th house? Is that a strong rumor or just spec?
Strong spec.

The Bill and Ted budget was big. Really big. The personnel costs alone would exceed a house’s, and you had to budget for sets and pyro.

So, you have that Bill and Ted money available for a 10th house. And Hook is made for the most part, which lowers the cost for a possible second show and gives more money to a 10th house.

This year is fine. They’re two months ahead of their historic schedule for a reason.

EDIT - Regarding two parks? That’s much softer spec. I’d say there’s a chance. But there’s always a chance.

Strong spec.

The Bill and Ted budget was big. Really big. The personnel costs alone would exceed a house’s, and you had to budget for sets and pyro.

So, you have that Bill and Ted money available for a 10th house. And Hook is made for the most part, which lowers the cost for a possible second show and gives more money to a 10th house.

This year is fine. They’re two months ahead of their historic schedule for a reason.

EDIT - Regarding two parks? That’s much softer spec. I’d say there’s a chance. But there’s always a chance.
Well that is exciting to think about. Of course it's going to make the Express pass seem a little more necessary, though i'm sure Uni would enjoy that prospect.

You don’t have to worry.