Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not getting the hate for a Potter show. HHN has always encompassed all aspects of Halloween--gore fest houses next to psychological thrillers down the street from a comedy house. Jack-o-lanterns, 30s classic monsters, 80s slashers, creatures of legend all co-existing. I think a PG Death-Eater show can easily fit right in. And given their track record with everything Potter, I'm excited to see a quality show.

I want Potter to have its own event during the day or extend IOA's operating hours.

I'm not concerned about the show, I'm concerned about the people that it attracts, and their reaction to the rest of the event.

I would hate to see a family bring their children (of age or not) into the park, drawn in by the allure of more Potter that they couldn't see otherwise.

Then, said family freaks out because they didn't do their homework, and now their snowflakes have been traumatized by seeing blood and guts on their way to see their favorite wizard.

I'm sure most people would handle it fine, and understand what they're going to ahead of time; but, it only takes a few families to get the ear of the right media outlets.

I get what you're saying, but but generally seems to be support for a 5 Nights at Freddy's house, which would be similar. I guess I just think most of the book's fans are in that 13+ age bracket everyone else seems to think is cool for HHN (and which has been growing by leaps and bounds the past 5 years even without a special Potter event).

I get what you're saying, but but generally seems to be support for a 5 Nights at Freddy's house, which would be similar. I guess I just think most of the book's fans are in that 13+ age bracket everyone else seems to think is cool for HHN (and which has been growing by leaps and bounds the past 5 years even without a special Potter event).

It also won't be something families will just stumble upon. I know you have to assume guests will do the stupidest thing, but they would have to buy a separate ticket for this. So they'd have a smaller shield of ignorance to hide behind.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I get what you're saying, but but generally seems to be support for a 5 Nights at Freddy's house, which would be similar.

I also don't want a FNaF house, but that's just my personal taste.

Have people been to the event? I see so many tweens there already. Not sure Potter showing up would create an issue with you kids showing up. They already do

True, but my point is, those are tweens that know what they're signing up for, and are up for seeing some blood and guts.

I'm just a little nervous that it's a slippery slope that will lead to more and more watered down (ie: "safer") content.

^To me, FNaF is actually a scary game...that got ruined by an idiotic fanbase. But yes, I too fear this will lead to "safer" content. :bang:

Ya’ll are acting like an 8-minute street show is going to be on the billboards.

If Hook happens, it’ll be advertised in conjunction with the scariest stuff at the event. That’s if it’s even part of the advertising. But seriously, anyone who sees Voldemort standing next to Pennywise and thinks “That’s perfect for little Susie-Sweetie-Kins” deserves dealing with the psychological trauma.

If Hook happens, it’ll be advertised in conjunction with the scariest stuff at the event. That’s if it’s even part of the advertising. But seriously, anyone who sees Voldemort standing next to Pennywise and thinks “That’s perfect for little Susie-Sweetie-Kins” deserves dealing with the psychological trauma.

I'm not arguing that point at all. All I know is that, anything Potter brings in the rubes like nobody's business.

I live near Kent, Ohio that had a "Potterfest" the last two years. It was the most half-assed thing you've ever seen in your life. But, it got advertised online, and literally hundreds of thousands of people showed up, and were upset when it turned out it sucked.

Those people that came from out of state (and there were TONS), didn't do their homework. They just heard "Potterfest" and butter beer and booked a trip, and the ended up severely disappointed.

Mix in the Universal marketing machine and...

Exactly. If they structure their commercial like they did for 26, you'll see a dementor or some other Potter ghoul mixed in with a demagorgon, Pennywise, Freddy, etc. I don't think they'd advertise it separately.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think the only way HP being an issue and bringing in "families" would be if it were advertised similarly to Uni's 2017 Holiday offerings, aka having the Potter show take up half the screen-time in ads and such. That could potentially cause issues. If it's just one of many offerings marketed, I could see it working out, though. Especially if they put it next to IT, Halloween, etc.

Heck, I could see Stranger Things having more issues in bringing people who wouldn't usually come to horror events. The horror elements of that show are generally pretty light compared to a lot of other things you'd see at HHN.

I like the idea of turning DA and the London waterfront into an evil version of its daytime self. I also think them using the waterfront this year with HP could lead to that area being used for other scarezone themes in the future.

I would love to see each scarezone have its own show adding to the atmosphere, ie Bayou of Blood and The Purge. I’d also like to see them incorporate some sort of plot with the characters and their interactions you could follow throughout a scarezone (similar to Sleep No More for those who have experienced that). Anyways, wishful thinking.

Reactions: horrornights789
Hook featured Voldemort, Bellatrix, and dementors (from everything I’ve heard). While a werewolf would be cool - I’m a fan of the creature in general - it wouldn’t fit within the environment.

Out of curiosity, when it comes to Voldie and Bellatrix, would they have the actors be doing impersonations, or would they be lip-syncing with pre-recorded dialogue?