Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Strong spec.

The Bill and Ted budget was big. Really big. The personnel costs alone would exceed a house’s, and you had to budget for sets and pyro.

So, you have that Bill and Ted money available for a 10th house. And Hook is made for the most part, which lowers the cost for a possible second show and gives more money to a 10th house.

This year is fine. They’re two months ahead of their historic schedule for a reason.

EDIT - Regarding two parks? That’s much softer spec. I’d say there’s a chance. But there’s always a chance.

I don't think there will be a USF x IOA event but I agree with what Legacy says.

If this year goes as planned then it has what I would consider to be one of the top 3 best lineups of all time... as long as the originals pull through. Regarding the larger SS’s like 21 & 19, do you guys think they might two houses in them again?

As far as the megahouse goes, would it be fair to say that the only logistical IP at this point if they bring that back, is ST? A part of me would think that they don't need a megahouse, especially with AHS probably going to Cult, but that if they do, ST would make the most sense.

As far as the megahouse goes, would it be fair to say that the only logistical IP at this point if they bring that back, is ST? A part of me would think that they don't need a megahouse, especially with AHS probably going to Cult, but that if they do, ST would make the most sense.

Stranger Things could definitely be it’s own megahouse, especially if they plan to make the environments meet their normal scale(the junkyard, School facade, neighborhoods, Upside Down scenes). I think Stranger Things as a House is gonna be VERY similar to AvP, and that house was in SS24 with another house so I think they could potentially fit ST into there. It all depends on how much they actually want to utilize from the show and how they want to use the material

Stranger Things could definitely be it’s own megahouse, especially if they plan to make the environments meet their normal scale(the junkyard, School facade, neighborhoods, Upside Down scenes). I think Stranger Things as a House is gonna be VERY similar to AvP, and that house was in SS24 with another house so I think they could potentially fit ST into there. It all depends on how much they actually want to utilize from the show and how they want to use the material

Honestly, if they played it smart, they'd have ST be on a TWD/AHS level contract, and to save S2 material for later on.

Unless they decide to do an AHS mashup, I don't think we're getting a megahouse this year. Stranger Things doesn't have enough material, and It is clearly being milked for Part 2 next year.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

I would assume ST would be custom built for both coasts in the terms of the Demogorgon iterations seen in the show, working closely to make it authentic but practical and affordable.

What I'm curious of, is if Netflix Originals will collaborate with the teams at both Hollywood and Orlando, similar to when FXNext collaborated with Murdy last year on Roanoke.

Not getting the hate for a Potter show. HHN has always encompassed all aspects of Halloween--gore fest houses next to psychological thrillers down the street from a comedy house. Jack-o-lanterns, 30s classic monsters, 80s slashers, creatures of legend all co-existing. I think a PG Death-Eater show can easily fit right in. And given their track record with everything Potter, I'm excited to see a quality show.

Not getting the hate for a Potter show. HHN has always encompassed all aspects of Halloween--gore fest houses next to psychological thrillers down the street from a comedy house. Jack-o-lanterns, 30s classic monsters, 80s slashers, creatures of legend all co-existing. I think a PG Death-Eater show can easily fit right in. And given their track record with everything Potter, I'm excited to see a quality show.

I'm completely up for it, as it'd be an interesting challenge for A&D and that it could be a great marketing pull for teens to young adults who may of had little interest in the event.

What I'm curious though, is this would be exclusive to Orlando or not.

Reactions: horrornights789
I'm excited at the prospects it brings and hopefully it's a really good show.

I think where most people are just slightly cautious is that the event is already overcrowded. A Potter show will almost definitely bring people who wouldn't come otherwise to the event, thus making it even more crowded than it would be otherwise.

Reactions: SeventyOne

I could see the event going completely dry if Potter starts to become a staple of HHN. I say this with a lot of love for Potter, but I hope it stays far away from HHN. Just open a family friendly trick or treating event in IOA with Potter elements galore.

So would Hook be inside of the Area between IoA & USF? It seems like it would be a good thing to do while transitions from one park to the other

So would Hook be inside of the Area between IoA & USF? It seems like it would be a good thing to do while transitions from one park to the other

Back in 27, it was rumored to go to Diagon, presumably at the stage where Celestina Warbeck and The Banshees are played. I would assume that they'd keep it there if that's back on the table.

I'm not concerned about the show, I'm concerned about the people that it attracts, and their reaction to the rest of the event.

I would hate to see a family bring their children (of age or not) into the park, drawn in by the allure of more Potter that they couldn't see otherwise.

Then, said family freaks out because they didn't do their homework, and now their snowflakes have been traumatized by seeing blood and guts on their way to see their favorite wizard.

I'm sure most people would handle it fine, and understand what they're going to ahead of time; but, it only takes a few families to get the ear of the right media outlets.

I don't see Potter becoming a part of HHN unless the show or whatever is also offered during the day as an Halloween overlay similar to the holidays.

Back to the mazes, I think Stranger Things will be the megahouse as the sets could be large and is the stronger IP compared to IT. IT will require more compact space and therefore receive a soundstage similar to The Shining. Only problem is that you have 2 of the biggest IPs out there next to each other.

And where would this 10th house be located in? F&F?

Reactions: SeventyOne

Back in 27, it was rumored to go to Diagon, presumably at the stage where Celestina Warbeck and The Banshees are played. I would assume that they'd keep it there if that's back on the table.
Well... part of it was also on the London Waterfront. At least a lot of the projections were.