Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was that Marketing? ;)

I mean, the parade and night show were hand-delivered to Marketing by Entertainment/A&D. Two new, independently strong offerings, plus a favorite in Grinchmas made their job easy. All Marketing had to do was throw some snow and sleigh bells at the commercial.

It’s almost like Marketing finds more success when the creative thinkers who actually build the product from idea to completion give them everything they need...

:lol: well that certainly explains a lot!!

I think that's putting it nicely.
And, all things considered, fairly accurate. The plans went from Director to Caretaker to Jack is the only icon worth using to icons are unnecessary to we want to use Bone to “Screw you. ‘Icons are unnecessary’” to “Fine, we’re leveraging Bone in the campaign anyway” to “Whatever, just don’t call him an icon” to “And we’re co-opting his zone and call it the ‘theme’” to “Don’t reference the parade though” to “Adding ‘-liest’ will be enough.”

And all that was obvious in the final product (in advertising and in the park).

Nevermind, all the indecision on things impacted BOTH coasts. I heard Murdy was thrilled will all that.

EDIT-
If Stranger Things and IT is truly coming to the event this year marketing has to be at their top game. With these IPs could we possibly see an extension of event dates to include more Wednesdays and Tuesdays? I think it's possible considering the pull these IPs have.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Last edited:
And, all things considered, fairly accurate. The plans went from Director to Caretaker to Jack is the only icon worth using to icons are unnecessary to we want to use Bone to “Screw you. ‘Icons are unnecessary’” to “Fine, we’re leveraging Bone in the campaign anyway” to “Whatever, just don’t call him an icon” to “And we’re co-opting his zone and call it the ‘theme’” to “Don’t reference the parade though” to “Adding ‘-liest’ will be enough.”

Nevermind, all the indecision on things impacted BOTH coasts. I heard Murdy was thrilled will all that.

EDIT-

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums
Well thanks lol

EDIT-

Wow, that explains a LOT now looking in hindsight.. Director for a lot of the IPs, Caretaker for the Victorian skull motif, and Murdy a hair's breadth away from legitimately throwing in the towel..

EDIT-

I’m guessing this year is gonna have no icon due to the headache of last year, that and I’d imagine with the extremely hot IP’s they have this year they’ll want those to take the front seat of marketing. I can already see the billboards/ads with Pennywise, the Demogorgan, Freddy, Micheal Myers, the clown Cult, & Sam on it

I hope they once again put a lot of love into the original houses. No LP3D-level houses. My guess is they’ll go cheap on the SZs again.

For NOES, it’d be cool if it were exclusively the first movie.

I hope they once again put a lot of love into the original houses. No LP3D-level houses.

They probably will. Last year the original houses were highly praised by basically everybody, so I’m pretty sure they’ll just stay consistent with what they did last year. If we end up with 10 houses, I’m curious to see how many originals get SS’s against the IP’s, as a good number of the IP’s will probably end up in the SS’s

I’m guessing this year is gonna have no icon due to the headache of last year, that and I’d imagine with the extremely hot IP’s they have this year they’ll want those to take the front seat of marketing. I can already see the billboards/ads with Pennywise, the Demogorgan, Freddy, Micheal Myers, the clown Cult, & Sam on it
If there’s no icon, it won’t be because of the headache. It’ll be because either 1) it’s not pitched or 2) it’s not approved.

That second part is hard part. But if an icon is pitched, then approved, viola. We have an icon.

If there’s no icon, it won’t be because of the headache. It’ll be because either 1) it’s not pitched or 2) it’s not approved.

That second part is hard part. But if an icon is pitched, then approved, viola. We have an icon.

So I take then that unlike last year, if an Icon is approved, they will not change it up like how last year went?

Who approves something like that?

It’s weird hearing of chaotic it was behind the scenes for HHN27, it turned out amazing but if you knew the BTS stuff you’d think it’d turn out to be like 22

It’s weird hearing of chaotic it was behind the scenes for HHN27, it turned out amazing but if you knew the BTS stuff you’d think it’d turn out to be like 22
Because (something I’ve said before) the event once the event opens is completely separate from everything else. It’s like any artform or performance: everything that leads to it, for better or for worse, doesn’t matter to the audience or their perception.

Because (something I’ve said before) the event once the event opens is completely separate from everything else. It’s like any artform or performance: everything that leads to it, for better or for worse, doesn’t matter to the audience or their perception.
Revision is important for anything, let alone for an event like HHN...It is always important to make it appeal to a mass audience...Creatives and Marketing butt heads in many organizations