Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So is that the longest HHN has been opened or not? They seem to make each year longer than the last
If that's true boy am I glad, in a slightly risky move I booked the trip over for HHN 28 back in June last year. Looks like, assuming the dates are correct, i'll be there for the opening night!

Reactions: JoeCamel
Probably reading way too much into a random image but ... no mention of "select nights"?

Was mentioned on here previously that 2017 Mardi Gras was a test run for a nightly special event. Could that finally be the case?

If that's true boy am I glad, in a slightly risky move I booked the trip over for HHN 28 back in June last year. Looks like, assuming the dates are correct, i'll be there for the opening night!

I don't think there's a chance in the near future of them going for later than a mid-September start again. The real question is if and when they push back to Labor Day, to keep pace with Not So Scary (which I guess now actually starts in August).

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably reading way too much into a random image but ... no mention of "select nights"?

Was mentioned on here previously that 2017 Mardi Gras was a test run for a nightly special event. Could that finally be the case?

I don't think there's a chance in the near future of them going for later than a mid-September start again. The real question is if and when they push back to Labor Day, to keep pace with Not So Scary (which I guess now actually starts in August).

I think it’s very likely it goes nightly but don’t think it starts any earlier, unlike MNSSHP there’s actual development and construction that occurs that takes time. Plus I wonder how this would impact staffing and scare actors.

Reactions: Ryan and SeventyOne

Definitely something interesting I was looking to see this year as more info comes out. The past few years every HHN night has been packed and definitely profitable. The question however is if the increased amount of nights would increase attendance and more profit rather than keeping the same profit because they have to staff every single night rather than select nights.

Whoever is doing the economic research for this must be stressed... lol

Reactions: SeventyOne
If it’s nightly I would expect the scare acting to suffer as they will need to hire far more inexperienced people to fill that many hours.

I think it’s very likely it goes nightly but don’t think it starts any earlier, unlike MNSSHP there’s actual development and construction that occurs that takes time. Plus I wonder how this would impact staffing and scare actors.
That was one of the reasons they went nightly with Mardi Gras last year. It gave them a chance to test shift-base casting for roles, and not just purely role based casting.

And I wouldn't worry about inexperienced performers. About half the total cast each year are rookies. Universal structures its scares so that, literally, any idiot can do it. Only a few spots each year actually require talent and experience.

That was one of the reasons they went nightly with Mardi Gras last year. It gave them a chance to test shift-base casting for roles, and not just purely role based casting.

And I wouldn't worry about inexperienced performers. About half the total cast each year are rookies. Universal structures its scares so that, literally, any idiot can do it. Only a few spots each year actually require talent and experience.

If we get daily HHN that would add another angle to them ending B&T.

So, let's throw "nightly" in the Strong Spec category with "10th house."

Anything else we should throw in the Strong Spec category regarding scare zones or houses? Also just wanna bring up that The First Purge is coming out July 4th... it’s deifnitely coming to HHN in some shape or form

Reactions: RevFreako
Anything else we should throw in the Strong Spec category regarding scare zones or houses? Also just wanna bring up that The First Purge is coming out July 4th... it’s deifnitely coming to HHN in some shape or form
Yes? *shrug*

It's one of those things where the line between spec and rumor can blur easy.

Reactions: Brian G.
Yes? *shrug*

It's one of those things where the line between spec and rumor can blur easy.

I get it; it seems in recent years someone can throw out a random IP and it’ll gain traction and become expected at the event (however after This is the End happened in Hollywood nothing really seems out of the box). If the speculated IPs come I’d hope we get some good originals to compete with it *cough give us a Catacombs or Nightengales sequel and HR Bloodengutz 2*

Part of me wants to say Purge is a lock. Part of me says it's not.

If it does come it, probably will, it hopefully has a new location (Hollywood?) and has new props/decor.

Seriously. Do we expect Universal to market Purge AND AHS: Cult? Even though the second had very little to do with actual politics, having one of them is explainable. Having both would appear pointed (especially to people who want to be angry about it).

Seriously. Do we expect Universal to market Purge AND AHS: Cult? Even though the second had very little to do with actual politics, having one of them is explainable. Having both would appear pointed (especially to people who want to be angry about it).
Meh. In both cases, they can bowdlerize things just enough, like when they took GOD of the one Purge mask, that anyone who'd complain can be said to be looking for things to be offended by.

With Stranger Things and IT there is no need for Purge... especially if the film flops. BUT if the film ends up being very popular, no doubt it will come. I think they will wait for the movie's debut.