Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s the lack of interaction with fans that makes everyone take Aiello’s social media accounts out of context. HHN accounts should be churning out event related content year round.

It’s the lack of interaction with fans that makes everyone take Aiello’s social media accounts out of context. HHN accounts should be churning out event related content year round.

The people who would seek out HHN social media content in February are going to go to the event no matter what. It's ultimately a waste of resources catering to <1% of your fan base whose $$ you already have--effort better spent on hyping whatever is big that Summer. And then they're on the hook should any of their early hints not pan out. "But you posted the Ghostface mask! I thought we were getting Scream!"

But what would they really talk about outside of the March/April to October months?

Reactions: Darko
I hear folks wondering if HHN is moving to the new park Fantastic Worlds. I don't think it will since most people associate Universal Studios with HHN already.

The people building marketing content for HHN are doing the same for Mardi Gras, Summer Concert Series, Christmas for BOTH parks, and standard park marketing. HHN is a priority when it needs to be.

EDIT -
I hear folks wondering if HHN is moving to the new park Fantastic Worlds. I don't think it will since most people associate Universal Studios with HHN already.
Here is my explanation on why it won't move from the Blue Sky thread:
It's not even a question of theme. Universal can make themes work for them.

HHN won't move to the new park. A move requires building a new park with enough flex/empty space to support at least ten houses, which is over an acre of total space. The necessary queues will double that needed area.

The Studios, with the soundstages, tents, and extended queues, can expand up to 16 houses without much headache (aside from queues). There is literally no better place to build a house than the soundstages because of the rigging capabilities that are pre-installed. Entertainment and Operations has no incentive whatsoever to constrain themselves by designing houses for empty restaurants (like they did for Islands) when they have soundstages right there.

Last edited:
Essentially, moving to the new park would be extremely inpractical. The required ingredients needed would be room for about 10 houses or about an acre of space + queue lines which will bloat it further. With the soundstages and tents already set up in USF, there is room for almost 5-6 more houses without much work having to be put into construction of new ones at all. Moving parks would just be needless construction for a potentially lesser house quality due to the lack of SS and such.

For what its worth @Legacy I thought you did an outstanding job of doling out what you knew last year. It kept my interest right up to the event. It was a stellar year for #HHN and the clues/spec really helped. Like the different HHN years they can't all be as fun as that one but it never disappoints. I certainly don't want anyone out of work or in hot water over a forum post on the internet. Their work is too valuable to the finished product.

Honestly a lot of the fun of HHN for me is the stuff I know nothing about. I avoid any info on what actually is in a house until I go and do my first walkthrough myself, it makes everything so much more interesting and fresh that way.

For what its worth @Legacy I thought you did an outstanding job of doling out what you knew last year. It kept my interest right up to the event. It was a stellar year for #HHN and the clues/spec really helped. Like the different HHN years they can't all be as fun as that one but it never disappoints. I certainly don't want anyone out of work or in hot water over a forum post on the internet. Their work is too valuable to the finished product.
upload_2019-3-16_15-52-11.gif

I'm wondering if 5 scarezones will continue to be the norm or if they will experiment with more or less scarezones again. I am assuming construction, or things of that nature could effect them again like during 22.

I'm wondering if 5 scarezones will continue to be the norm or if they will experiment with more or less scarezones again. I am assuming construction, or things of that nature could effect them again like during 22.
Something thematic would be fun between the old Amity bathrooms and across the bridge to Simpsons, but I feel most of the paths in the back of the park are too narrow

Something thematic would be fun between the old Amity bathrooms and across the bridge to Simpsons, but I feel most of the paths in the back of the park are too narrow
I always want the back of the park somewhat themed. Like a couple props and fog here and there would greatly help.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The people building marketing content for HHN are doing the same for Mardi Gras, Summer Concert Series, Christmas for BOTH parks, and standard park marketing. HHN is a priority when it needs to be.

Yep I know this, and I think it’s something that could be changed for the better. Doesn’t take but a couple social media coordinators making $12-14/hr dedicated to HHN content year round.

Edit: I’d personally like to see BTS content during the off season. There’s a vast archive of material to pull from that could fill an Instagram post a day up until it’s marketing time for the current year’s HHN.

Last edited:
Yep I know this, and I think it’s something that could be changed for the better. Doesn’t take but a couple social media coordinators making $12-14/hr dedicated to HHN content year round.

Edit: I’d personally like to see BTS content during the off season. There’s a vast archive of material to pull from that could fill an Instagram post a day up until it’s marketing time for the current year’s HHN.
But, from a business perspective, why? What’s the ROI on paying someone $30k a year to only market and advertise for an event that only runs 2 months and already pulls in 100k guests a year? It won’t increase market share. And the digital engagement audience is going to be limited to your “assured” capital.

Now, I would argue A&D could benefit from a “Latern Keeper” whose job is to maintain HHN canon and oversee marketing and advertising strategies that leverage that. But, even that would be the position struck if the layoffs hit.