Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
FFP for the win!

Are "premium nights" still rumored? Maybe the people who attend those won't go to the non-premium nights, slightly thinning out crowds overall?

I think we will only have one or two "premium" nights this year, if they do decide to do it, just to test the waters. But, I don't expect crowds to thin out this year because the popularity of ST last year will only drive more guests to visit this year.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I still find the event enjoyable and you can still do every maze... if you visit more than once. HHN, for me, has become a multiple night affair. The last time I was able to do everything in one night without Express was 2013. Since then, it's become either Express or visit more than once.

I will say that the first 2 hours of any event night (even the ones that end up sold out), and the last hour are fantastic, you can hit most houses within those 3 hours.
If it requires multiple nights to accomplish everything I want to, I'm not going.

It's the principal.

I really really hope they do Premium Nights. Me and my husband will gladly pay to have pulsing and lower crowds.

We go multiple nights 'cause we want to see and soak in as much HHN as possible before we have to wait till the next year. It shouldn't be a requirement to see everything though. It's just getting ridiculous. It's why I hope Premium Nights happen. They're making me wanna go to Howl-O-Scream.

Last edited by a moderator:
We go multiple nights 'cause we want to see and soak in as much HHN as possible before we have to wait till the next year. It shouldn't be a requirement to see everything though. It's just getting ridiculous. It's why I hope Premium Nights happen. They're making me wanna go to Howl-O-Scream.

By launching their own event, Warner Bros. might've saved us from having something like Hillsborough happen last year.

EDIT: Sorry if the video I posted was too graphic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darko
By launching their own event, Warner Bros. might've saved us from having this sort of thing happen last year:
The crowds are honestly hurting the event to such a degree that this year (or the next depending on what's the focus) might be my last. I love the speculation, but I might do what Legacy does and go elsewhere. Premium Nights are the saving grace if they happen.

Reactions: MartyMcFly
The crowds are honestly hurting the event to such a degree that this year (or the next depending on what's the focus) might be my last. I love the speculation, but I might do what Legacy does and go elsewhere. Premium Nights are the saving grace if they happen.

Hey, Stranger Things can only go on for so long, right?

I'm a fan of the show, but the moment it doesn't know when to stop *cough Supernatural* I'm off the train.

Hey, Stranger Things can only go on for so long, right?

I'm a fan of the show, but the moment it doesn't know when to stop *cough Supernatural* I'm off the train.
Well if the creators are to be believed, Season 3 or 4 will be its last, but money talks, so we'll see.

Either way you won't see me complain first year it's not there. Love the show but it's killing HHN.

Imagine going to HHN 23 and saying "TWD will be replaced as the star twice in the next five years". People would think you were nuts. Yet it happened.

I don't think AHS is anywhere near the same category as TWD or ST. But I get your point. Maybe (likely) there's another WD or ST that hasn't even been pitched yet.

Hoping they're able to somehow crack down on d-bag tweens from treating the scareactors like crap this year.

Exactly, it's why these premium nights need to happen. At some point they won't have a choice. Eventually even the crowds get sick of the crowds.

Yeah they need more shows and stuff open to spread out the crowd. No one will probably agree with me but I feel if Uni doesn't do something soon, the event will implode on itself. At some point the crowds will be too much and people will pull a mass exodus. I have seen it happen before.

Especially without the Disaster house or scare zone location.

They need to add a tent back there somewhere by the Mummy or in the F&F extended queue. And removing a SZ from San Fran was a horrible decision. It may not be the best location for it, but it spreads the crowds just a bit. What I would do is keep the "selfie" zone in PC with very few, or none at all, scare actors and just add a San Fran zone. You can keep the NY waterfront location.

Reactions: Darko
Imagine it now, Regular line is 4 hours long and express is 2 hours long... see how long people can handle that before other haunts look appealing.

Especially without the Disaster house or scare zone location.

Like where?
Ok I was being dramatic and a bit sensational but I believe it will happen. Again, even crowds get sick of crowds eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine it now, Regular line is 4 hours long and express is 2 hours long... see how long people can handle that before other haunts look appealing.

What other haunts? HHN basically has a monopoly. Howl O Scream is all the way in Tampa, and is directed more towards locals. I'm sure lots of tourists are put off by the idea of having to travel back to Orlando at 2AM for an hour long drive. Florida does have local haunts, but the majority of them have fans that will visit HHN no matter what. I wish Florida had competition like in SoCal between Six Flags, Uni and Knotts.