Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I personally am looking forward to a potential Rob Zombie zone.

Say what you will about his movies, but they definitely have an aesthetic to them. Stick in some maniacs running around, and plaster a pastiche of his music over that, and it sounds like a fun Halloween party to me.

Reactions: RevFreako
The more I think about it, Zombieland could very well run into the same issue as TWD. With those IP's, we know the respective ones more for the human characters rather than the zombies.

But with the scares of the SZ's, it's gotta' be the zombies. An even if the SZ can use the human characters of Zombieland, that's a main cast of...4 humans. (Maybe five if we can get a certain look a like, unless they do a zombie form of him.)

I can imagine they'll project the rules of survival on the buildings, and maybe have stages with various zombie kills of the week, but I don't think that's gonna' be enough.

As for a Rob Zombie zone, well if you use characters from his various movies, you've got a collection of sick freaks inspired by 70's exploitation/grindhouse films. An if you take characters/imagery from his music, and you've got a smorgasbord of horror, sci-fi and grindhouse. All of which you can work with in some fashion, so it's got that going for it.

What exactly is this Plastic Surgery zone supposed to be? Botched botox and big boobs?

Seriously though. Cut up bloody faces..?

Could be a lot of things. Experimental things added to people. Botched surgeries. Doctors walking around with scalpels. People on stretchers

Remake Zombieland in the amusement park as the scare zone. Have a show with the launched free fall ride. Etc.
The area where the New Year's show was located could be themed around a carnival, while the rest can be a regular zombie apocalypse.

Would be WAY too expensive--no carnival rides in CGY for the same reason. :(

HHN 17 would like a word...

Source: HHN Yearbook
6420156679_9413e6c502_z.jpg

What exactly is this Plastic Surgery zone supposed to be? Botched botox and big boobs?

Seriously though. Cut up bloody faces..?
Maybe it’ll be similar to Dr. Steinmann and the medical wing in Bioshock. He would make women more beautiful by doing plastic surgery but since he kept messing up slightly he went mad and started botching more of his surgeries, leading to horribly disfigured women. Not saying it’ll be that, but that’s one sort of original take someone else has taken on that concept.

Reactions: Kadath and hhnlover
HHN 17 would like a word...

Source: HHN Yearbook
6420156679_9413e6c502_z.jpg

Touche, but they had less they had to fund. Been cool if they could've used the top half of that for guests to walk through in CGY. Dunno why they didn't have pieces of carnival rides in that maze if not because of budgetary reasons.

I mean this year should be interesting, until we see everything set in motion for other stuff to come out, I mean this year maybe a decent year, then there's Hollywood speculation map and everyone is sorta getting pissed that certain ips at their event isn't coming to ours but I mean I look at it from the phrase "there is always next year", hopefully next year we'll get some of those ips but this year, I'm just ready for the event to kick off and be back in the fog again, its been too long lol

This year will be the absolute dream event if the Beetlejuice show is true and comes to Orlando while the Academy is placed on the streets where they belong.
I wouldn't mind a Beetlejuice Bill and Ted-esque horror show just for horror movie characters, horror in pop culture you know. From the past to current horror characters and icons.

Remake Zombieland in the amusement park as the scare zone. Have a show with the launched free fall ride. Etc.
This is why I’d prefer Zombieland in San Fran. It fits the boardwalk feel much better. And the drop tower is the biggest must.
Would be WAY too expensive--no carnival rides in CGY for the same reason. :(
You mean no carnival rides INSIDE A BUILDING? There was never any room for that.
Touche, but they had less they had to fund. Been cool if they could've used the top half of that for guests to walk through in CGY. Dunno why they didn't have pieces of carnival rides in that maze if not because of budgetary reasons.
Again. Part of it was space. Another is you can’t just by “pieces” of carnival rides. You buy the whole thing and Universal doesn’t have a need for that.
So the Hollywood spec map has a beetle juice show. Do we think we actually get a pop culture show back?
Well, he now has a Tony-nominated show to synergize with.