Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 383 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think there was a survey that went out asking about interest in having a house during normal daytime hours? If that's happening, I'd think it'd be more likely to be Ghostbusters over ST for a few reasons. First, they had a hard enough time getting enough "lookalikes" last year to keep ST staffed just during the event, so I'd imagine having to find even more of them for daytime ops would be very difficult. Ghostbusters would likely require fewer and less specific lookalikes. Additionally, I think the rumored placement of GB in SS22 is a better fit for daytime operations than SS25 because the queue for SS22 is fully inside the park and won't be interfering with the busy areas between the soundstages or back of house entry points during daytime operations.

Reactions: Kadath
What if it's open every day for the duration of HHN? Wouldn't this deter people from paying for a hard ticket for HHN...

"I would love to see that Stranger Things house, but I really don't want to pay the extra $80 for HHN ticket.... oh cool I can just go during the day!"

Especially if you throw the second biggest IP into the mix.

Reactions: faceleg
What if it's open every day for the duration of HHN? Wouldn't this deter people from paying for a hard ticket for HHN...

"I would love to see that Stranger Things house, but I really don't want to pay the extra $80 for HHN ticket.... oh cool I can just go during the day!"

I knew several people last year who would have loved to see the Stranger Things house but absolutely hate haunt events. There's definitely some potential to attract guests who aren't annual passholders and would still have to buy a daytime ticket to get into the parks during the day to see the house. And given the line on Stranger Things Day last year, I'm sure they at least saw some kind of meaningful impact if they're considering doing something like that again on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kadath and faceleg
I like The Devil's Rejects MUCH more than Ho1C. However, I think Ho1C will make a MUCH better HHN house than Devil's Rejects would.
I dunno, I think the fact that there’s already been a HofaTC house that received a mixed response refutes this a teeny bit. I wish it was Devil’s Rejects instead. Actually, I wish it was more of a Zombie “greatest hits” than just a single film. He has orchestrated some great set pieces over the years, but I think he’s only made one actually cohesive overall film in his career (and it’s not Devil’s Rejects). Amassing all of his best scenes into one house would be great.

Reactions: Darko
Since we have six IPs this year (albeit one that could be counted as an original if they wanted it to), would that indicate the same number at 30? Hoping for an even split (not counting UM, if the Frankenstein vs Wolfman house turns out well).

Yes I'm thinking ahead...

Reactions: Darko
Since we have six IPs this year (albeit one that could be counted as an original if they wanted it to), would that indicate the same number at 30? Hoping for an even split (not counting UM, if the Frankenstein vs Wolfman house turns out well).

Yes I'm thinking ahead...

The fact they went 6/4 this year (and yes, that took some changes) after going 5/5 last year makes that irrelevant. And also, keep in mind we may get a house boost next year but that’s very far ahead.

I thought of this as well, but question the logistics/budget. But I'm pretty dumb so what do I know (I'm also pretty and dumb, but that's a different story)

Yeah I wonder if it's Anarch-ade or Zombieland? Anarch-ade is the most intriguing to me, mainly 'cause that name gives me all sorts of images in my head.

Reactions: Kadath
I dunno, I think the fact that there’s already been a HofaTC house that received a mixed response refutes this a teeny bit. I wish it was Devil’s Rejects instead. Actually, I wish it was more of a Zombie “greatest hits” than just a single film. He has orchestrated some great set pieces over the years, but I think he’s only made one actually cohesive overall film in his career (and it’s not Devil’s Rejects). Amassing all of his best scenes into one house would be great.

Well, I never got to see what they did with Ho1C originally, so I cannot comment as to how good/bad it was. I'm just saying, after seeing both movies repeatedly, I think the material is there to make a fantastic house out of it if you include Spaulding's weird tram ride scene, the farm house itself (complete with cheerleaders bodies, fishboy, etc.), and the tunnels beneath the ground at the end. I just personally don't think Devil's Rejects has the material to make as good a house - I mean, a hotel room and a brothel just aren't as intimidating imo, and that's where the large majority of that film take place. Just my opinion though.

I finally saw both US and Annabelle Comes Home this weekend. First of all, woah Annabelle was surprisingly good. The scenic was beautiful and the scares were there. Although it’s me dreaming it would make an incredible house.

US, hmm not sure how I feel about it being a house this or any other year. Don’t get me wrong the acting was great, but I think the movie was way overrated. I just don’t see how it could work as a haunt.