Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Rob Zombie's scarezone would very interesting, with his movies and music being used in a zone it'll definitely be a zone that will have some questionable creatures and monsters and memorable maniacs from his films and videos, I could see them going that route with his zone, there also be original things that Zombie would probably have included in the zone that could be based off his work.

Is there any more child friendly IP’s that could work as a house? Just curious as to what would be suggested.

Return to Oz would make a terrifying house.

a scary tales version of Willy Wonka.

There are a few IPs that come to mind. Monster House, ParaNorman (absolutely brilliant if you haven't seen it), Goosebumps obviously.

If they really wanted to make a family friendly house they have plenty to pick from.

Goosebumps has so much potential for a maze.

Since uni and netflix are working so well together, A castlevania house would work perfectly.
Even if the show is just a cartoon, it could translate very well. And the games are extremely famous and popular going for more than 30 years and a world wide fan base.

I know the show has its violence and some gore. But it has a lot of appeal to a younger generation, and the older people that grew up on the games would love it as well.
It could be just like the dracula untold house but with the characters of the cartoon. I think it would work pretty well .

Sabrina the teenage witch is another hot Netflix property that would bring the teens into the park. The show is pretty dark and has a lot of creepy and demonic elements. And its been a pretty good hit with fans.

And then If uni needed a more light hearted property, they could always go with Series of unfortunate events lol. I would love to see Count Olaf at hhn.

How would you feel about a Handmaid’s Tail house- pretty dark material to pull from

I have to admit (and PLEASE don't take offense to this): in my 15 years of watching the speculation game and whatnot unfold on various forums, I think this might be the worst idea I've ever seen. :rip:

OT: I really have a good feeling about the Plastic Surgery zone, actually. In fact, none of the zones really sound like stinkers at all.

I have to admit (and PLEASE don't take offense to this): in my 15 years of watching the speculation game and whatnot unfold on various forums, I think this might be the worst idea I've ever seen. :rip:

OT: I really have a good feeling about the Plastic Surgery zone, actually. In fact, none of the zones really sound like stinkers at all.

What are the rumors on plastic surgery?

Oh yeah. Handmaid's tale is definitely horror, but not HHN horror. 1984 wouldn't make a good house either.

As for the Plastic Surgery zone, I think it's going to be the Chucky zone without Chucky, which can only be a good thing.

I honestly don’t think there is any solid rumors at this point other then the name of the zones. I’m personally hoping it will kinda be like the silent hill nurses

Just a scare zone filled with Jackie Stallone look-a-likes. Terrifying.

Oh yeah. Handmaid's tale is definitely horror, but not HHN horror. 1984 wouldn't make a good house either.

As for the Plastic Surgery zone, I think it's going to be the Chucky zone without Chucky, which can only be a good thing.

I hope it is not like the seven sins scarezone we had before. That was kinda cheesy

Too bad. Seems like we could have had an interesting new icon with the plastic surgery zone - The Doctor.

This made me want a Dead By Daylight maze even more.

View attachment 10253 My hope is that Plastic Surgery utilizes the atmosphere of the Hollywood area by making it 1940’s-50’s-esque. I keep picturing Dr. Steinman from Bioshock.

THIS. Plastic Surgery is my most hyped zone after Zombieland because there’s so much potential for botched jobs and crazy doctors

I can see them using Bioshock as something for the plastic surgery zone, it would be really cool, people obsessed to look beautiful and in the process they just slowly go mad and looking grotesque, I could see Marilyn Manson' Golden Age of Grotesque be one of the songs they'd play in this zone if they are able to,

The idea isn't that copyrights will expire--we'll all be old by the time that happens--but that maybe his kids or grandkids will value money more than the personal belief of not doing a haunted house. Not a lock by any means.

For all the discussion, I've never seen a direct quote from King why he hates haunted houses so much. It's odd given how open he is over things like The Shining. If it was just not wanting to associate his brand with something cheesy, you'd think the houses approved by John Landis and Steven Spielberg might get him to at least give Universal a shot. Maybe he secretly hopes to do his own event one year? Maybe he had a bad experience as a kid? Or a scare-actor at a local haunt stole his girl in high school? Seriously, if anyone ever meets him at a convention or something, please ask.

I DID ask him. Went to an event 6 years ago in Lowell, MA.. and they had a Q&A, so I jumped up to ask the question and got to do it. I'm told this portion of the video has made the rounds at A&D. LOL. Anyway, if you want to see him evade answering, go to the 1 hour 10 min and about 29 second mark..

@hunnylvr You are a rock star!!! :celebrate:

Reading the tea leaves, but that "oh yes" sounds like he's familiar with the event. And then, as you say, an evasive, cute answer that gives nothing away. The more I learn, I more I really want to learn the backstory here.