Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 457 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
giphy.gif
Bringing back Beetleguise for HHN would be such a move

Ok the Theme Park Trader podcast, they said that Universal told them there would be 2 shows this year at HHN.
They also said "5 ips, 5 originals".

Here's what the thing said.
  • Killer Klowns was apparently the "most photographed scarezone"
  • Killer Klowns is very true to the movie. The creators are so impressed, there gonna film the sequel there.
  • All of the Klowns will be there.
  • Stranger Things will have the biggest monster Art And Design has ever done
  • Demodogs are featured heavily
  • Tunnels and Starcourt are mentioned as locations
  • Ghostbusters will have the library and the firehouse
  • Jeanine will be there, and she'll have a set of buttons she can push, which can trigger some room effects.
  • Stay Puff will be a projection head
  • Slimer is a puppet and projection
  • Universal Monsters will have 5 Monsters with there own area in the house
  • Depths Of Fear will have awful smells and projection effects, and is apparently almost done
  • Yeti is in early development
  • Art And Design are very excited for this year, and the podcast guys says it might be one of the best.

• Killer Klowns is very true to the movie. The creators are so impressed, there gonna film the sequel there.
  • Stranger Things will have the biggest monster creative has ever done
  • Jeanine will be there, and she'll have a set of buttons she can push, which can trigger some room effects.
  • Depths Of Fear will have awful smells and projection effects, and is apparently almost done
  • Creative are very excited for this year, and the podcast guys says it might be one of the best.
ART. AND. DESIGN.

• Stranger Things will have the biggest monster Art And Design has ever done
  • Art And Design are very excited for this year, and the podcast guys says it might be one of the best.
Two corrections- they just said that they assumed 5 ips 5 originals, and put in replace Depths of Fear with Nightingales

Reactions: SeventyOne
TWO SHOWS! IT'S SHOWTIME!!
So Puft won't be physical, interesting, hope he's fully animated and captures his diabetic grandiose. Also super excited that we are apparently walking through a firehouse replica with Janine.

On the two shows point, don’t A&D consider performances in the scarezones as a show? Like Chucky last year. I doubt it means two full blown stage shows but at this point who knows? AoV is the obvious guess but it’s been very quiet so could be pleasantly surprised

On the two shows point, don’t A&D consider performances in the scarezones as a show? Like Chucky last year. I doubt it means two full blown stage shows but at this point who knows? AoV is the obvious guess but it’s been very quiet so could be pleasantly surprised
They may view those as shows internally, but no one at Universal would be misguided enough to advertise those as "shows" to the public.

Reactions: SeventyOne

They may view those as shows internally, but no one at Universal would be misguided enough to advertise those as "shows" to the public.
It's a matter of semantics. Last year, the only advertised show was AoV. From a creative standpoint though, anything that has an actor in an acting role, on a stage, and with a microphone is a show. Even in the streets, because they pause guest-flow for an extended period of time.

It's a matter of semantics. Last year, the only advertised show was AoV. From a creative standpoint though, anything that has an actor in an acting role, on a stage, and with a microphone is a show. Even in the streets, because they pause guest-flow for an extended period of time.
I take your point, but I only mean from an advertising standpoint. They had a show in Chucky and a show in Vamp, but they didn't sell it as three shows. They're literally selling two shows, so I would think we're getting two proper shows.

I take your point, but I only mean from an advertising standpoint. They had a show in Chucky and a show in Vamp, but they didn't sell it as three shows. They're literally selling two shows, so I would think we're getting two proper shows.
I'm not disagreeing, more trying to address any (perceived) confusion about the topic.

Point being, there's more "shows" than whatever number is advertised.

If there is a Rob Zombie street this year, I can see them doing an AOV show set to his music and then another bigger original show on the fear factor stage.