Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry rookie question from a newcomer, but has Jeepers Creepers ever been rumoured/considered or too controversial?

It's all but agreed upon that the controversy associated with Victor Salva will prevent it from EVER coming probably. Nothing much that can be done there.

Sorry rookie question from a newcomer, but has Jeepers Creepers ever been rumoured/considered or too controversial?
The director is a convicted and unrepentant pederast who sexually assaulted a young boy who was starring in one of his films. You will never see this franchise at HHN.

Reactions: tankart150
Goosebumps was the other one that I feel would make sense.

If it’s all true, this year is not a budget year, nor is it family friendly.

Reading tea leaves, but the bolded part to me says it's not going to be Goosebumps.

Family Guy clue made me think X Files as well, but so obvious I suspect X Files intended as a red herring.

ETA: I wouldn't think a house based on TV-level effects would be that much of a budget-buster, either.

I think a Jaws house would be out of their comfort zone and I would be all for it... pushing the creative limits! Plus I feel like it would be different than anything I've seen at HHN.... have there been any "beach/ocean" themed haunts?

Reactions: SeventyOne
X-Files would be a cool IP to see tackled, but the main thing I’d wanna see from it is Fluke Man. So if they do this, ST2, Hellraiser, and KKFOS plus the originals then those puppets are gonna be everywhere again

Last edited:
there's so much for x-files. leonard, rob roberts, the insect creature from Folie a Deux, the peacock family, euguene tooms, etc etc

Reactions: RevFreako
My interpretation of the clue was that it’s an IP that was replaced to make room for another IP...Jaws, Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice, Hitchcock. But I guess it has to be a Fox TV show based on the context - one that isn’t family friendly.

Reading tea leaves, but the bolded part to me says it's not going to be Goosebumps.

Family Guy clue made me think X Files as well, but so obvious I suspect X Files intended as a red herring.

ETA: I wouldn't think a house based on TV-level effects would be that much of a budget-buster, either.
What about an MIB House but scary? :)

So... I tend to hear a lot of crazy, surprising things about HHN.

If what I’m hearing comes to pass, this year is straight bat$#+. Bonkers builds. Out of nowhere IPs. Just weird weird stuff. And it’s the type of stuff that aligns with less bizarre stuff I have heard for a couple months.

If it’s all true, this year is not a budget year, nor is it family friendly.
Event Horizon house? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My interpretation of the clue was that it’s an IP that was replaced to make room for another IP...Jaws, Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice, Hitchcock. But I guess it has to be a Fox TV show based on the context - one that isn’t family friendly.
Oooh I really like your interpretation! Everyone was jumping on the Fox TV show interpretation and it was confusing me because I don't totally understand the rights situation with Fox & Disney. Any of those four you mentioned would make really cool houses....