Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I feel like the only definite as of this minute is Stranger Things season 2 but I’m sure I’m wrong.

What I want to see happen is Suspiria, The Haunting Of Hill House, The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina, Killer Klownz House, and no more Blumhouse awesome mixtapes.

What I want to see happen but are not out yet so they may suck and I’ll have to take this back are the Are You Afraid Of The Dark? movie &/or the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark movie. I know they’re categorized as children’s properties but they both have episodes/chapters that are arguably darker in tone than Stranger Things, i.e. Harold says hi.

What I want to see but we probably won’t cause it feels like a major long shot is for A24 to take Blumhouse’s place with a mash up house.

What I want to see but we probably won’t cause WB had to up & turn into Regina George on us is IT Chapter 2 and The Lost Boys (of course) but I’d honestly rather wait at least 3 more years before revisiting 80’s vampires (as much as I enjoyed that zone).

Hmmm I highly doubt it, but maybe they join with WB for Orlando to allow them to get both coasts.

I’d be so excited for Stranger Things 2, and Haunting of Hill House... and Killer Klowns house! I wonder if they’ll revisit Poltergeist for the sequel at some point. I’d love it if It did manage to come but it sounds doubtful.

One I’ve wanted for a few years now is The Mist. I love the movie so much and some giant puppets would be amazing!
Whatever it brings... can not wait for HHN29.

Crikey... two pages already.

My excitement over speculation for 29 is over logistics. The numbers people are assuming are NOT the numbers I'm hearing, then when you throw in the amount of...

AZjKmeZHnd7FTlN19R_lY1mp2J4=.gif

...that I've been told could be happen, we're going to see a very different event from what has been the recent standard.

That said, I have heard nothing on specific houses. To be honest, I'm not expecting anywhere near as much information for 29 as I received for 28 (considering I had a lot of stuff I shouldn't have gotten). That said, we will probably see a similar split on IPs versus originals. Below are the IPs I'd wager on coming, and what I think their actual likelihood is.

I'd Put Money On
Stranger Things, Season 2

Good Bets
Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Wild Guess
Haunting on Hill House
Hellraiser
Happy Death Day 2U
Poltergeist (in some capacity)

Yeah, I was thinking we might get houses for Poltergeist 2 and 3 at some point, given how popular and acclaimed the maze was.

I am fully expecting Stranger Things 2 and would want to see a Killer Klowns house, but I hope we don’t end up with a lot of repeats of this year.

I’m also really interested in the logistics of 29. How will things get spaced out and what will be done to try and help crowd flow. I personally hope that something can be done near the San Francisco area. It’s such a dead area for the event.

Stranger Things without a doubt will be coming back. Not even a question unless Universal/Netflix have a bad date. (So far, it's been a good relationship.)
Something Blumhouse will more than likely be featured. (Halloween, Happy Death Day, Best of Insidious, etc.) I don't think we will see Blumhouse of Horrors again but rather just a maze based off a Blumhouse IP.
The Nun would create a pretty nice (and creepy) looking maze.
IT will be the 2nd most popular IP next year if it comes.
We haven't (at least in Orlando) seen Nightmare on Elm Street or a Friday the 13th maze in a while.
The Thing has been rumored for a long time, as well as Hellraiser.
Psycho would also be a nice maze to add in.
La Llorona has a new film next year, and it was one of my favorite mazes.
I don't know where Universal stands with American Horror Story, but I think a zone can work.
Classic Monsters... Hollywood's was one of the most popular this year, so you never know.

For originals, I would like something similar to Interstellar Terror.

As for an Icon, I don't know. I would love for The Usher to come back. We will see.

I think this year has shown marketing that they really only need that one "HUGE" IP to bring in guests. There's no need for a majority of mazes to be IP.

here's my speculation list
strangers things 2 [it's a given]
happy death day 2u
pet sematary [ let me explain, it's not fox or wb, stephen king let 2 it houses happen already, so if we can't get it, this is our second option]
killer klowns from outer space
haunting of hill house
the thing
zombieland [ second movie is coming out this year, and we kinda did something similar with zombigeddon, so i won't be that surprised if we have a house themed to the first movie]

wishful thinking
crypt tv maze
overlord [ trailer is very promising, has tons of nightingales vibes, but have to wait until the movie comes out]
donnie darko [ after seeing this awesome haunt i think it could happen, it's a cult classic and it can get some indie fans in]

Off work now, going to just be..a bit more elaborate in my guess.

What I said above, is what I'm primarily guessing, and for more of reasons on IP's mentioned..

-Killer Klowns from Outer Space: The SZ has seemingly been a fan (and creative) favorite, and the creators seemed rather happy of what Orlando did. But the main reason, lies in SYFY obtaining the Film Rights to continue the franchise on their channel. I get the impression, Killer Klowns will come, while in the classic form, also to market for the upcoming film.
- Stranger Things II/Haunting on Hill House: Netflix Originals, as stated before..seemed rather happy with how ST turned out for Orlando. I would imagine they would continue the trend, and bring those two in, as both Murdy and Aiello do seem very interested to bring Hill House to the event.

As far as Eleven Mazes goes, I am not going to put my foot in the guessing game on twelve, but I do see at-least a Maze Count Bump, with a ratio of 6 IP/5 Original. I think at this point, they need another house to help out on crowds, but if they do twelve..I won't be shocked.

Another question to bring up, is Chucky. My curiosity at the doll, stimulates not to the 2019 Reboot in development; but the Don Mancini show being created. One would imagine he and Universal would want to market it in the best way possible.

As far as Eleven Mazes goes, I am not going to put my foot in the guessing game on twelve, but I do see at-least a Maze Count Bump, with a ratio of 6 IP/5 Original. I think at this point, they need another house to help out on crowds, but if they do twelve..I won't be shocked.
I've been told they're looking at doing 12.

EDIT - The reason WHY is because I think they want to do 13 at 30... and it's easier to add one than two. Figuring out the addition now will help 30.

I've already started hearing ideas about 30. They're not developing 29 without thinking about the following year.

I've been told they're looking at doing 12.

EDIT - The reason WHY is because I think they want to do 13 at 30... and it's easier to add one than two. Figuring out the addition now will help 30.

I've already started hearing ideas about 30. They're not developing 29 without thinking about the following year.

Is there enough half decent
locations to do houses in just USF? Also, I'd imagine the houses may be a bit shorter due to the increase (unless theres a cash infusion)?