Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Ooo let’s speculate on where the new houses could go and the logistics in for the queue. Keep in mind the new TM garage would be finished by now. This assumes it stays a 1 park USF event.

I’m thinking:
  • Tent in team member parking. Queue and entrance in the alley between F&F and Louie’s.
  • Tent in team member parking. Queue and entrance in the alley between Diagon and SF.
  • Second house for the new parade building. (It’s a pretty large building). Entrance for all the MIB backlot houses gets reconfigured with two at MIB restrooms, one at the Springfield gate, and two at Kidzone/ET via the service road.

Ooo let’s speculate on where the new houses could go and the logistics in for the queue. Keep in mind the new TM garage would be finished by now. This assumes it stays a 1 park USF event.

I’m thinking:
  • Tent in team member parking. Queue and entrance in the alley between F&F and Louie’s.
  • Tent in team member parking. Queue and entrance in the alley between Diagon and SF.
  • Second house for the new parade building. (It’s a pretty large building). Entrance for all the MIB backlot houses gets reconfigured with two at MIB restrooms, one at the Springfield gate, and two at Kidzone/ET via the service road.
The only issue with in TM parking they need that during the day so they can’t really build a house there.

Another thought..are we, or are we not going to talk about the possible issues that may occur when you consider the new Wardrobe building that I think got added.

So, they’re keeping the event contained to USF? Dunno if adding two houses will help much; the event needs more street space.

They can't expand to IOA, from my understanding. I think the Seuss estate won't allow it?
I’m not sure what they’re doing. I’m guessing they’re staying in the Studios. Expanding into IoA IS an option, but it’s not really necessary.

They’ve gone around that before. It’s more of the closing two parks at 5pm. You’d be surprised how many people complained USF was closing early during HHN. Could they do it? Sure - but there’s gonna be some blowback.

That's my thing, IoA needs to be open till 8 or 9 every night of HHN. If that's the case then it won't be 9:30-10:30pm till the park is ready for HHN and then what's the point? Two parks worked well when UOR needed to boost those attendance numbers at both parks, not so much now.

Hmm, how exactly would a house in FFL work? I mean, I'm sure if they broke down the set they'd have more space. There also seems to be the possibility that the theater will be gone completely by that time so I'm assuming the area will be off limits as far as putting anything there.

odds are, if FFL is used, they'd do something similar to what was done with AoV; having the whole entire stage be a platform, and then extending to the first row for extra space.

I’m somewhat skeptical of a lot of construction coming to the parks when they’ve already started moving dirt on an entirely new park. JP coaster won’t open until after 2020 and maybe they’ll turn Shrek into the Pets dark ride. So it doesn’t look like there’s any time for new stuff for Lost Continent, Kidzone or Fear Factor for a while.

I think they could close Seuss and Lost Continent with minimal complaints from day guests. Hogwarts Express has to close at 4 anyway so that could be opened back up as an attraction and transportation. Academy of Villains could go in Sinbad which would be a better venue than FF

Hmm, how exactly would a house in FFL work? I mean, I'm sure if they broke down the set they'd have more space. There also seems to be the possibility that the theater will be gone completely by that time so I'm assuming the area will be off limits as far as putting anything there.
You build it where the “stage” is. It’s not even necessary to remove the sets.

They build houses in smaller, more complicated locations every year.