Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hill House & Stranger Things seem more than likely to show up but it would be cool if we got a curveball. Anyone know if Blumhouse has had any Netflix movies that could probably be put into a HoB with HDD2U?

As far as I understand, the closest to any relation between the two parties; is the Netflix head of PR going to Blumhouse for the future.

Outside of that (and potentially any release of films that were wide coming to netflix, ala how wide-release films like Avengers and otherwise)..no.
__

About the same

If things are looking the way they are..then huh, that's something.

Reactions: johnathanm
I know it’s too early to speculate locations but if KKFOS were to come to HHN29 I’d be curious to see where they put it. Parade seems the most likely but that circus tent in front of a Sprung would be amazing

I would have..some doubts, especially considering as it seems to be the case why Halloween 40 (2018) didn't pop up last year: Disney.

Or at-least, the portion of Disney that owns Miramax.

__

What I'm curious of, is how operations will go this year; in a way.

Bugs and Mickey aren't going to make it easy for them IP-wise, that's for sure.

So there seems to be a thought that we get two Stranger Things houses--one of them being 2. The disagreement seems to be whether the other one is 1 or 3? Legacy seems to hint we're getting 1 and 2, OrlandoVillain 2 and 3?

Gotta hand it to them, they found a way to generate strong speculation out of a property that everyone knows will be there.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMalez
I would have..some doubts, especially considering as it seems to be the case why Halloween 40 (2018) didn't pop up last year: Disney.

I’m surprised Mirmax/Disney has that much pull on Halloween 40 since Blumhouse also produced the film, and it was distributed by Universal Pictures.

I’m surprised Mirmax/Disney has that much pull on Halloween 40 since Blumhouse also produced the film, and it was distributed by Universal Pictures.

In the end, Halloween was co-financed between both Miramax and Blumhouse.

Universal, only got to distribute the film; because of their deal with Blumhouse in the first place.

I’d imagine we’d see Halloween 5 before H2018. But H4 surprised me a lot so at this point I’d be happy with Resurrection

Honestly, Halloween is in a more..problematic area now, as an IP for Universal to use.

The only films that they can truly use, is Halloween 2 & Season of The Witch. And they just did 2 with 2016.

Outside of that, there isn't exactly anywhere else unless you want to get more legal and complicated.

I think Purge has a better shot than The Shape, but that can honestly change within the minute depending on how Halloween (2018)'s sequel is being developed.

Honestly, Halloween is in a more..problematic area now, as an IP for Universal to use.

The only films that they can truly use, is Halloween 2 & Season of The Witch. And they just did 2 with 2016.

Outside of that, there isn't exactly anywhere else unless you want to get more legal and complicated.

I think Purge has a better shot than The Shape, but that can honestly change within the minute depending on how Halloween (2018)'s sequel is being developed.

They could also use 4-6 but that Trilogy outside of 4 is pretty hard to market and 4 was just used. H20-H2018 all have Miramax ties.

Speaking of Miramax, did Disney shoot down Scream in 25 or was that more of Universal shooting themselves in the foot instead of complying with Dimension?

Reactions: therock

__

What I'm curious of, is how operations will go this year; in a way.

Wait, does Disney still have a stake in Miramax? I thought they sold 100% of their stake to a Qatari company.

Is it out of the realm of possibility to create an original Halloween sequel like how HHN Hollywood did TCM: Blood Brothers as an original TCM sequel?

Man, never posted here before, but, one thing I know will never happen cause the powers that be wouldnt allow it, but a Metroid house at HHN would be amazing, but, considering how poorly videogame houses did beforehand, and considering Nintendo would probably not allow one of their IPs at a event like HHN, its all but a pipe dream at this point....

Reactions: Kadath