Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I'm sure they will play it safe but I loved hearing guest reactions in Ash v Evil Dead when the old lady said "Hello p***y." I can't remember off the top of my head any taunts from Hellgate Prison, but I'm sure there was some questionable material.
I can't remember anything specific from Hellgate either, but there is some audio on YT.
It wasn't unusual to hear things like:
"C'mere baby, press 'em up against the glass for me."
"Why are you wearing two shirts? Just wear one and let something pop out!"
"C'mere sweety, I'm gonna ride you like a pony at Walmart."

FYI - I just turned 52, and I'm female.

I see what you mean about some movies we would love because of how old we were when they came out. Totally agree. I guess you're right - it really is simply a matter of taste, not an age thing.

That being said, I am completely beyond excited about Ghostbusters. I know you all said it was coming, but I still don't believe it 100% until it's announced. So, now it's announced, and my whole week has been made. Talk about bringing on my childhood. WOW.

Speaking of Twinkies.. if Zombieland really is a scarezone (again, not officially announced), there had better an overturned Hostess truck somewhere. Also, they really should have some kind of Twinkie snacks available (ala the waffles for ST last year).

Yeah - an overturned Hostess truck AND the Rules projected on the street and buildings. That's what I need out of the Zombieland SZ. I'm very excited for Ghostbusters too - one of my favorite films growing up. I like that (it seems) they are confining it to the original film. I do hope they don't focus too much on Slimer - there are a lot better characters to spotlight imo (library ghost, dogs, Gozer, Stay Puft, etc).

.........Will Universal pay for the usage rights of the Hostess brand for a featured prop?...............

Maybe if they agree to put a small Hostess logo on one of their ad posters or something? As long as there's no bad blood, there's a deal that can be done. Plus, the overturned truck is, in fact, free advertising for Hostess for two months. You could even work Hostess into some of the food items sold at that part of the park.

My point is, there are big deals and small deals. If they want to do it AND if the two companies aren't severely at odds with each other, a deal can always be worked out if both sides are willing.

Maybe if they agree to put a small Hostess logo on one of their ad posters or something? As long as there's no bad blood, there's a deal that can be done. Plus, the overturned truck is, in fact, free advertising for Hostess for two months. You could even work Hostess into some of the food items sold at that part of the park.

My point is, there are big deals and small deals. If they want to do it AND if the two companies aren't severely at odds with each other, a deal can always be worked out if both sides are willing.
But will Universal pay? Because every dollar they spend on usage rights for a company's logo is less money they can spend on, you know, everything else.

And there's no such thing as free advertising. Hostess paid for Twinkies to be such a big part of the movie. Using an official logo and brand name for a prop requires a usage right agreement that Universal has to pay for (which could be several thousand dollars).

I'm not saying it won't happen, but don't be surprised if it says "Hossess" instead.

But will Universal pay? Because every dollar they spend on usage rights for a company's logo is less money they can spend on, you know, everything else.

And there's no such thing as free advertising. Hostess paid for Twinkies to be such a big part of the movie. Using an official logo and brand name for a prop requires a usage right agreement that Universal has to pay for (which could be several thousand dollars).

I'm not saying it won't happen, but don't be surprised if it says "Hossess" instead.
Guns N' Hossess. I like it.

I am still stuck on this "surprise" scarezone. That is still bugging me. I have a feeling this is gonna be something we either know for sure at the event or toward the end, depending on where and when it shows itself.

This just crossed into mind, Ecto Cooler at the event! If so it's officially the best year.

Would they still have it backstage somewhere? Or would they have to procure one?

ETA: I'm dumb and read to fast and thought you were talking about the car and not the drink.