Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

It would be cool if they make bray Wyatt fiend a icon and have the firefly funhouse as hhn house next year

I'm so excited for a KKFOS house.

I don't know if I'd rather see the entire house take place in the spaceship, or have it go through a few locations in the movie. I'd love to see the boxing glove gag..

I'm so excited for a KKFOS house.

I don't know if I'd rather see the entire house take place in the spaceship, or have it go through a few locations in the movie. I'd love to see the boxing glove gag..

They could reinterpret the outside scenes on the ship potentially?

Before another announcement is made... I wanted to take the time out to address some things regarding the speculation thread. I'm not posting this because of any particular incident, but more because of a systemic issue within the thread that has caused this year's Speculation to sour with many of our readers. It seems in the past few years, specifically this year, there has been more clamoring for announcements, more random guesses, more anger, more frustration; where every sentence by anyone with knowledge is torn apart and triple analyzed. There's also a good portion where it feels like people are competing to be right in random speculation for whatever reason it may be. This is an unusual situation for us mods, as we have to address the issue, but there is no clear "right answer". What we do know is that this thread is, #1 with a bullet, the most reported/complaint thread on the boards.

It's tough because how do you moderate "speculation"? The mods and I discussed several of the major issues we've received regarding the thread and figured out what we feel needs to be addressed.

The biggest beef from other users seems to be the 24/7/365 speculation being so tiring, where it's not so much speculation but throwing stuff at a wall and hoping it sticks. As been posted by myself and others several times - the rumor has become more important than the actual event. Some posters seem to have become addicted to this and substitute the actual event for the speculation and rumor mill. So how do we break out of this loop, as it seems to create a negative atmosphere and doesn’t seem to add anything about the event itself?

As far as this year goes, we're too far in - but expect some changes as 29 ends and we start the march into 30. We're not looking to get into a discussion or a debate about this. The reason we're posting this is to be transparent, and hopefully, make you aware of the situation.

I think being in the ship would be very interesting. I'd love to see a Klownzilla but I doubt that happens inside the Shrek theater.

Also, @Brian G. - this is my first year participating in the spec thread so I have no point of reference.. but I look forward to seeing the changes!

I think being in the ship would be very interesting. I'd love to see a Klownzilla but I doubt that happens inside the Shrek theater.

Also, @Brian G. - this is my first year participating in the spec thread so I have no point of reference.. but I look forward to seeing the changes!
I don't know if this could be pulled off effectively because, then again, it's the Shrek theatre, but maybe Klownzilla could be a stilt walker? It wouldn't have the same effect as I believe a giant puppet would work a little better, but it would still give Klownzilla an appearance in the house overall. And yes, I do agree the changes will serve for a more calmer and brighter future, as I happily look forward to what they will provide.

Before another announcement is made... I wanted to take the time out to address some things regarding the speculation thread. I'm not posting this because of any particular incident, but more because of a systemic issue within the thread that has caused this year's Speculation to sour with many of our readers. It seems in the past few years, specifically this year, there has been more clamoring for announcements, more random guesses, more anger, more frustration; where every sentence by anyone with knowledge is torn apart and triple analyzed. There's also a good portion where it feels like people are competing to be right in random speculation for whatever reason it may be. This is an unusual situation for us mods, as we have to address the issue, but there is no clear "right answer". What we do know is that this thread is, #1 with a bullet, the most reported/complaint thread on the boards.

It's tough because how do you moderate "speculation"? The mods and I discussed several of the major issues we've received regarding the thread and figured out what we feel needs to be addressed.

The biggest beef from other users seems to be the 24/7/365 speculation being so tiring, where it's not so much speculation but throwing stuff at a wall and hoping it sticks. As been posted by myself and others several times - the rumor has become more important than the actual event. Some posters seem to have become addicted to this and substitute the actual event for the speculation and rumor mill. So how do we break out of this loop, as it seems to create a negative atmosphere and doesn’t seem to add anything about the event itself?

As far as this year goes, we're too far in - but expect some changes as 29 ends and we start the march into 30. We're not looking to get into a discussion or a debate about this. The reason we're posting this is to be transparent, and hopefully, make you aware of the situation.

Maybe a couple new topics for 30.

Announcement Speculation - allow the announcement obsessed members have their own area to go crazy on Announcement Speculation.

Informed Speculation - where only Mods, Legacy, Ringwraith/HHNLover, etc have posting authority so you can easily find the "solid" speculation and thought if you want it.

Speculation - what we have now, but it's OK to just throw out random stuff and guesses. Where I can post my 100% uniformed guesses and questions if I feel the need to share them.

Maybe a couple new topics for 30.

Announcement Speculation - allow the announcement obsessed members have their own area to go crazy on Announcement Speculation.

Informed Speculation - where only Mods, Legacy, Ringwraith/HHNLover, etc have posting authority so you can easily find the "solid" speculation and thought if you want it.

Speculation - what we have now, but it's OK to just throw out random stuff and guesses. Where I can post my 100% uniformed guesses and questions if I feel the need to share them.
Wait me? i don't even have a source, im just speculating.