Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Before another announcement is made... I wanted to take the time out to address some things regarding the speculation thread. I'm not posting this because of any particular incident, but more because of a systemic issue within the thread that has caused this year's Speculation to sour with many of our readers. It seems in the past few years, specifically this year, there has been more clamoring for announcements, more random guesses, more anger, more frustration; where every sentence by anyone with knowledge is torn apart and triple analyzed. There's also a good portion where it feels like people are competing to be right in random speculation for whatever reason it may be. This is an unusual situation for us mods, as we have to address the issue, but there is no clear "right answer". What we do know is that this thread is, #1 with a bullet, the most reported/complaint thread on the boards.

It's tough because how do you moderate "speculation"? The mods and I discussed several of the major issues we've received regarding the thread and figured out what we feel needs to be addressed.

The biggest beef from other users seems to be the 24/7/365 speculation being so tiring, where it's not so much speculation but throwing stuff at a wall and hoping it sticks. As been posted by myself and others several times - the rumor has become more important than the actual event. Some posters seem to have become addicted to this and substitute the actual event for the speculation and rumor mill. So how do we break out of this loop, as it seems to create a negative atmosphere and doesn’t seem to add anything about the event itself?

As far as this year goes, we're too far in - but expect some changes as 29 ends and we start the march into 30. We're not looking to get into a discussion or a debate about this. The reason we're posting this is to be transparent, and hopefully, make you aware of the situation.

Thank you!!! It’s exhausting trying to figure out what’s real or what is just certain people posting for attention. I think either there needs to be a dedicated forum solely to speculation or the constant speculation just needs to be dropped all together. People act like the event won’t happen unless there is an announcement every week. What would these people have done in the old days?

What? The placement absolutely has some significance - they're not just randomly placing the houses on the site. The order is the exact same on the main Universal site as well, just without the unannounced blanks in-between.

What? The placement absolutely has some significance - they're not just randomly placing the houses on the site. The order is the exact same on the main Universal site as well, just without the unannounced blanks in-between.
I mean this is literally what Brain was literally just talking about. Some of you are putting way too much thought into things that in reality mean absolutely nothing. Literally anything in the world could be announced one by one with gaps reserved for future announcements. It happens literally everywhere. Shops, restaurants, shows, etc. And does it mean anything? No, and it never has! Some of you need to take a chill pill and need to look and what you're actually saying.

I mean this is literally what Brain was literally just talking about. Some of you are putting way too much thought into things that in reality mean absolutely nothing. Literally anything in the world could be announced one by one with gaps reserved for future announcements. It happens literally everywhere. Shops, restaurants, shows, etc. And does it mean anything? No, and it never has! Some of you need to take a chill pill and need to look and what you're actually saying.

I don’t comment often for a lot of those reasons brought up.

My comment was fact and I didn’t speculate anything.

Your type of comment is what is ruining these forums.

Woah man, didn't mean to strike a nerve. I'm not saying there's any deeper or hidden meaning to the order the houses are in, just that they are in that order for a reason. To say its insignificant or has nothing to do with anything is clearly incorrect, as there's a hierarchy to where each house is placed, IPs before originals, etc. To think that marketing would allow them to be placed in any random haphazard order is just silly - they're dealing with huge properties and contractual agreements, so of course the order of the houses on the website is going to be predetermined and aimed to attract the most attention and drive ticket sales.

I'll let this thread get back to other speculation now. Sorry.

I don’t comment often for a lot of those reasons brought up.

My comment was fact and I didn’t speculate anything.

Your type of comment is what is ruining these forums.
Ouch. I inferred you were speculating because the slots have been speculated a ton before and others have expressed that it isn't really that big of a deal in a bigger sense. I know it's for marketing stuff and what people see first and stuff, and I'm sorry if I snapped a bit on my part. It's just that Brian made a statement of how he was tired of people trying to speculate literally everything to the bone and how this was one of the most reported threads out there, and I thought you were just ignoring what he just said by bringing up a topic that annoyed a bunch of people. I still stand by my opinion that the slot placements have little relevance, but I will respect yours and everyone else's opinions and long as you can respect mine. Once again, sorry if I kinda overreacted.

I think the point of them being scattered is to suggest that there is not one that is more important than the other...I wouldn't read too much into it, and to be honest, I'm not sure why it even exists

Ouch. I inferred you were speculating because the slots have been speculated a ton before and others have expressed that it isn't really that big of a deal in a bigger sense. I know it's for marketing stuff and what people see first and stuff, and I'm sorry if I snapped a bit on my part. It's just that Brian made a statement of how he was tired of people trying to speculate literally everything to the bone and how this was one of the most reported threads out there, and I thought you were just ignoring what he just said by bringing up a topic that annoyed a bunch of people. I still stand by my opinion that the slot placements have little relevance, but I will respect yours and everyone else's opinions and long as you can respect mine. Once again, sorry if I kinda overreacted.

I find it interesting clearly some others do too, it wasn’t meant to turn into a page of back and forth.

Moral of this leave the moderating to the moderators.

Anyway, Klowns woo..

Just because the other icons can’t appear in the marketing doesn’t mean they can’t appear at the event.
I didn't mean to say it like that, but I mean they do deserve to have more due at the event, look back at 16 the commercial every icon, then there was 25, only Jack, the others were just there you know in a zone, I just hope they focus on the other icons as well and have them get their own houses as well, even if there is another Anniversary house attached to the event as well, it would be awesome to return to Screamhouse and a new gritty and gory version of Dungeon Of Terror, another return to the Palace Theater and All Nite Die In with a new ips to bring to the event you know, acknowledging past a bit more.

Last edited:
I’m torn on Klowns. On the one hand, it’s a truly horrible, horrible movie from start to finish. In nearly every aspect.

On the other hand, Rewatching it this week with my kids, and skipping every scene that did not have a Klown in it, it was much, much more tolerable. Still a truly sucky film, but for some reason it was highly funny, entertaining, and stupid when viewed that way. Still bad, but much better.

Cutting out every nonKlown part actually made me a tiny bit more positive about the house, maybe even more than a tiny bit.

I don’t know what it means, but I’ve been very consistently anti-Klown in here and figured I should mention how the weird viewing approach this week has changed my mindset somewhat. Maybe others on the fence should try it too.

I’m torn on Klowns. On the one hand, it’s a truly horrible, horrible movie from start to finish. In nearly every aspect.

On the other hand, Rewatching it this week with my kids, and skipping every scene that did not have a Klown in it, it was much, much more tolerable. Still a truly sucky film, but for some reason it was highly funny, entertaining, and stupid when viewed that way. Still bad, but much better.

Cutting out every nonKlown part actually made me a tiny bit more positive about the house, maybe even more than a tiny bit.

I don’t know what it means, but I’ve been very consistently anti-Klown in here and figured I should mention how the weird viewing approach this week has changed my mindset somewhat. Maybe others on the fence should try it too.
A cheesy 80's film aware of its own cheesiness, what is there not to love?

I think it will translate well into a house

>: (