Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Why does this seem odd to anyone? That album and those music videos s are iconic in horror in their own right, and then given the hat tips to classics like Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, it just makes sense.

Plus, a lot of IPs are now off the table, between Disney/Fox and WB doing there thing, so a bit of out of the box thinking is surely needed.

Plus, a lot of IPs are now off the table, between Disney/Fox and WB doing there thing, so a bit of out of the box thinking is surely needed.

What with new management at Time Warner, the fact that they sat out this year's haunt arena besides the small-ish IT 2 carnival, and the credible rumors of a Game of Thrones house being seriously negotiated this year, I don't think it'll be long before we start seeing Warner properties at the event again.

EDIT: That having been said, I love Rob Zombie, Dragula slaps harder than a Killer Klown with a rubber chicken, and he really, really knows his horror. I'm glad he showed up as a zone, and I really hope he comes back next year as a maze.

Anybody there that has a feeling how the crowd is gonna be today? Thinking of heading HHN around 7, hoping it will be a slow night

Anybody there that has a feeling how the crowd is gonna be today? Thinking of heading HHN around 7, hoping it will be a slow night

I've been keeping rough track of waits today from the app (not going tonight myself) out of curiosity. So far:

5:45 PM

Depths of Fear – 15 min
Ghostbusters – 80 min
Graveyard – Closed
House of 1000 Corpses – 5 min
Killer Klowns From Outer Space – Closed
Nightingales: Blood Pit – Closed
Stranger Things – 100 min
Universal Monsters – 10 min
Us – 25 min
Yeti – Closed

6:00 PM

Depths of Fear – 30 min
Ghostbusters – 60 min
Graveyard – Closed
Killer Klowns From Outer Space – 5 min
Stranger Things – 90 min
Us – 25 min
Yeti – 5 min

6:15 PM

Depths of Fear – 5 min
Ghostbusters – 60 min
Graveyard – 10 min
Killer Klowns From Outer Space – 5 min
Stranger Things – 90 min
Us – 30 min
Yeti – 5 min

Last edited:
Im from Brazil and Im planning to do the scare actor dining. So If I purchase the scare actor experience in https://www.universalorlando.com all i have to do is go to the monster cafe 15 minutes before to check-in? or do I need to call them in the phone to confirm reservation?

I was able to choose my time online at the time of booking. Based on the YouTube reviews, you are released about 5 minutes before the Stay and Scream people.

I think the main issue with the houses is this...when it comes to IP houses are the ones designing the houses fans of the property or are they just doing it because they are told. Hollywood's US house put Florida to shame. Like its to the point they can't even be compared because Hollywood's on a whole other level while Orlando's seem to have cheaped out and did it because they had to. Just a thought I had and a general observation.

A little late, but while the streets felt more crowded, lines other than Stranger Things never got insane. Other houses never seemed to top an hour.

There were a lot of RIP tours--as many as I would suspect opening night. And Express lines got pretty busy at ST and HoTC.

I would love to see a Metallica zone since Kirk is a big horror guy. Metallica are a million times more relevant than RZ anyway. When the spec map from Hollywood was posted on the Metallica 5th Member forum some people were already saying they would fly if a house ever gets made.

I think the main issue with the houses is this...when it comes to IP houses are the ones designing the houses fans of the property or are they just doing it because they are told. Hollywood's US house put Florida to shame. Like its to the point they can't even be compared because Hollywood's on a whole other level while Orlando's seem to have cheaped out and did it because they had to. Just a thought I had and a general observation.
Really? I'm hearing the exact opposite, since Jordan Peele has been in the US house in Orlando several times observing the actors and ensuring everything is perfect, making changes where and when necessary. Orlando also was able to get a good amount of look-a-likes, unlike Hollywood who couldn't find any (or not as many) so they've made their actors all wear masks as to not totally ruin the experience. Maybe the addition of the masks in Hollywood make it creepier though.

Really? I'm hearing the exact opposite, since Jordan Peele has been in the US house in Orlando several times observing the actors and ensuring everything is perfect, making changes where and when necessary. Orlando also was able to get a good amount of look-a-likes, unlike Hollywood who couldn't find any (or not as many) so they've made their actors all wear masks as to not totally ruin the experience. Maybe the addition of the masks in Hollywood make it creepier though.

Yeah, I've heard so many good reviews about Orlando's Us house.