Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Looking at the Review thread for HHN 29, the rankings are all over the place....That's probably a good thing....meaning there's lot's of balance with the houses this year.

yeah definitely. houses might lack scares, but none of the houses are bad. none are terrible.
killer klowns is the best house done at shrek theater and house of corpses is best house done at mib tent.

Don't know if it was discussed, but I did the UTH tour and the codename for Vanity Ball was "Red Card." Apparently the team that pitched it figured that the execs and legal would or should "throw a red card" and tone down the zone, but it never happened and this was largely unchanged from the pitch.

Edit:
Tone down or nix the zone

Houses and streets all had sports related code names..... I don’t think that really hadn’t much more meaning than that lol

Odd they went with a Monday and not the Wednesday the 16th.

I’m pretty sure there’s a buy out that day

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that they're adding a night when word on the street seems to be things are "down". Maybe bookings later in the season are so high it's necessary.
They are adding on the night because there is no HHN on Wednesday the 16th. So instead of a 5-day week from Weds-Sun, it's 5-days from Thurs-Mon. This is an optional night for scareactors to work, so while there will likely be light crowds, also expect the scarezones to have very few actors and houses to have holes.

Odd they went with a Monday and not the Wednesday the 16th.
Park buyout.

The added HHN night on Monday October 21st should be accessible with Frequent Fear pass, right? It doesn't say on the website yet.

I think 28 was a lot better than 29 by far.stranger things in 29 was so compact it was hard to make heads or tails of it. Klowns was the best but I guess there’s only so much you can do with it. 30 needs to get back to actual horror. Enough with the 80s for now I say. I’m gonna do 30 then it will be awhile before I return. I could have went to Hawaii instead of 29. This year was flat . IMO. And I’m not hating. I’m just being honest. No speciality foods. No scares. And hagrids was a mile long wait. Booooooooooooo! Jack better be back for 30!

Thats not entirely fair when they have added more houses than ever and a big lagoon show. Hhn 28 might have been scarier but this year has more to offer

Thats not entirely fair when they have added more houses than ever and a big lagoon show. Hhn 28 might have been scarier but this year has more to offer
29 has the same amount of houses as 28. The lagoon show is cool, but I also believe 28 was better. The streets are complete crap this year, too.

Looking at the Review thread for HHN 29, the rankings are all over the place....That's probably a good thing....meaning there's lot's of balance with the houses this year.

As I said in my review, one of the strongest house line-ups ever. That said, Ghostbusters is kind of divisive, not because of quality but because it makes very little effort to be "scary." Some people ok with that, others prefer more horror in their Horror Nights (and both sides are entitled to their opinion).

Also Us and HoTC are not particularly accessible if you haven't seen the movies, and while both have fans, neither has the cultural impact of, say, The Walking Dead or The Exorcist. But fans of both films really seem to enjoy the houses.

I have been attending HHN since 2010. I have a genuine question. To me, it seems like the houses this year are far less grand on scale than previous years. They seem far less polished and coherent in story. For example, Orlando's version of Killer Klowns is TRASH in comparison to Hollywood's. If they put in the same effort from AWIL into Ghost Busters, the house would be amazing. Is there a reason the houses aren't as good/ or as detailed as they were in the past? I would think maybe because there are 10 houses, but last year was amazing. Not looking to ruffle feathers, just want an honest answer if anyone has one.

I have been attending HHN since 2010. I have a genuine question. To me, it seems like the houses this year are far less grand on scale than previous years. They seem far less polished and coherent in story. For example, Orlando's version of Killer Klowns is TRASH in comparison to Hollywood's. If they put in the same effort from AWIL into Ghost Busters, the house would be amazing. Is there a reason the houses aren't as good/ or as detailed as they were in the past? I would think maybe because there are 10 houses, but last year was amazing. Not looking to ruffle feathers, just want an honest answer if anyone has one.

i just checked a vid for Hollywood's Killer Klowns and it looked almost identical to the orlando one, it almost looks the same.
i dont see that much difference, its almost the same house

I see 10/21 has been officially added on the website with a 1am close.

:bonk:Now I'm stressed out... Universal is giving us too many options!!!

Will they adjust park close to 5pm for that date?

Last edited:
i just checked a vid for Hollywood's Killer Klowns and it looked almost identical to the orlando one, it almost looks the same.
i dont see that much difference, its almost the same house

I don’t think our Killer Klowns is bad at all but I will debate them being almost the same. :lol: