Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know HHN is many people's escape from reality as it my group's, but thinking about how masks or Plexi/shower curtains might interfere with your enjoyment of the event is ridiculous.

Yes, you might only be in any section of the the house for 15sec and all evidence indicates you should be fine...but the scareactors are stuck in that area (I believe) for 45min shift.

GET OVER IT!!!! Would I prefer no masks or Plexi? Of course. But the workers have lives and families too. Does Plexi stop Covid? It's debatable, but if you have a sheet of it in front of you, can water droplets make it your way? No. Science, on both sides of the isle, proves that.

The job of a themepark is to entertain you...but NOT at the risk of their employees, or your, health. Any restrictions implemented are not to screw over your enjoyment...but to protect everybody. They want you to have the best time ever and post your reviews on social media.

Will wearing boots protect you from rattlesnake bites? Not always. Is walking through snake infested areas in flipflops vs boots dangerous? Yes. It's a best practice to keep guests and employees safe...not a guaranteed success or most enjoyable situation, but better than the alternative. Half-assed protection is better than no protection.

Sorry, end of rant.
well put.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
Well if worst comes to worst, I will remind you:

Plexiglass > black walls
Although I agree with this, if they are truly causing as much safety and visibility issues as people are saying then I hope they take them down. This is what the concern was from the get go. Considering they checked all actors vaccination status they could, hypothetically, be more strategic with the placement of it, if they refuse to take it down. It sounds like most actors hate it anyway, which is I’m sure is an indication of how the guests will feel.

I’m just here to confirm that plexi is indeed not on all of the booholes but it does indeed suck. There is literally no rhyme or reason behind which scares received the plexi and which scares did not. I can also confirm first hand that it does indeed ruin the scare and in some cases the actors can’t even see the guest flow. I know this because I am one of those cases. We are not happy, but are being told it’s here to stay.

I’m just here to confirm that plexi is indeed not on all of the booholes but it does indeed suck. There is literally no rhyme or reason behind which scares received the plexi and which scares did not. I can also confirm first hand that it does indeed ruin the scare and in some cases the actors can’t even see the guest flow. I know this because I am one of those cases. We are not happy, but are being told it’s here to stay.
So....it causes safety concerns, literally everyone hates them, we all agree it’s pointless safety theater....why exactly are they there again?

Hopefully guest feedback will change their minds. Thanks for the info.

TM access dates are out for September.

HHN30-TeamMemberAccessCalendar-September.jpg

I’m just here to confirm that plexi is indeed not on all of the booholes but it does indeed suck

Just out of curiosity, in your experience, what rough percentage of booholes have something in front of them? "Not all" could be..."all but one", or "less than half".

Just trying to gage what their thought process might be.

Just out of curiosity, in your experience, what rough percentage of booholes have something in front of them? "Not all" could be..."all but one", or "less than half".

Just trying to gage what their thought process might be.
FWIW, the scare actors I talk to said about a 70/30 split favoring plexi, whatever that means to you. From what I understand the only scares that don’t have plexi are the ones that physically aren’t able to fit it thanks to how they were built or whatever. I heard about a few specifically in Wicked Growth

Since we know there is plexi in the houses now. I wasn’t sure if this was asked before. Is there going to be SIF? Like the curtain transitions between rooms and stuff?

FWIW, the scare actors I talk to said about a 70/30 split favoring plexi, whatever that means to you. From what I understand the only scares that don’t have plexi are the ones that physically aren’t able to fit it thanks to how they were built or whatever. I heard about a few specifically in Wicked Growth
Correct. More “open” scenes cannot support plexi because they can’t mount the plexi to anything. It is very likely those scenes will have scareactor wearing Covid masks (especially if they would be a “face” character).