Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agreed, there's definitely situations where a change is possible, right now on the forums is not gonna' be that spot for it. Now I still maintain next week/opening weekend is gonna' be interesting, but for now we just have to wait.

Also in more official news which I don't see posted on here, both FatF: Supercharged and the Simpsons Ride are not on the list of attractions that'll be open this year.
Simpsons will be open on weekends when the park closes at 2.

@HHN Maddux This wasn't a joke. That's the plan as it stands.

• Haha
Reactions: HHN Maddux
In regards to the plexi and which roles have it. There is literally no rhyme or reason for who has it and who doesn’t. Some scares that are considered “out in the open” have a variation of the barriers. Others that are right in your face have nothing. It’s truly random and all for optics as many have pointed out.

In regards to facial coverings. All scare actors are required to wear them. Face and masked alike. For those of us wearing masks we also have full head hoods under them. The layers make it difficult to breathe and get soaked with sweat so after a few hours it’s basically like being waterboarded. It’s absolutely miserable to say the least. And yes, “face” characters have to wear facial coverings too. So get ready to see that in the IPs. It’s awkward at best. But they’ve done a decent job theming them to the characters.

That is all I will share for now since y’all will be seeing it soon anyway. But by all accounts the tag line of the event should be HHN 30: Managed Expectations.

so sounds like some form of plastic sheeting between guests and scare actors in the houses, all scare actors everywhere masked, scare actors quitting, and waiting for the next shoe to drop -- guests required to wear masks.
HHN30 - welcome to the suck

• Haha
Reactions: Lucky Planet
so sounds like some form of plastic sheeting between guests and scare actors in the houses, all scare actors everywhere masked, scare actors quitting, and waiting for the next shoe to drop -- guests required to wear masks.
HHN30 - welcome to the suck

Let's take it down a notch. But, to be clear, we should be requiring masks indoors for guests. It would be a far more effective safety measure than the plexi theater.

Let's take it down a notch. But, to be clear, we should be requiring masks indoors for guests. It would be a far more effective safety measure than the plexi theater.
So during the day, i can stand in line, toe to toe, on Hagrids/potter rides/ or any of the other rides that have long wait times as we wind thru the enclosed walkways but at night, when i stand toe to toe, going thru a tent, i need to wear a mask??
hypocrisy you have found a home

If I hear one more person whine and cry over plexiglass they can't do anything about, I may go outside my mind.
My consternation is much more about the vaccines then the plexi - I go for the sets and costumes as much as anything, so impaired scares don't bother me a great deal. It's the refusal to do by far the most meaningful thing while pretending to take action that infuriates me.

As for understaffing - a few might quit. But when push come to shove, people get vaxxed if it effects their job. And people are already leaving because of the silly plexi thing.

Masks on guests in the houses are probably a good idea, however.

So during the day, i can stand in line, toe to toe, on Hagrids/potter rides/ or any of the other rides that have long wait times as we wind thru the enclosed walkways but at night, when i stand toe to toe, going thru a tent, i need to wear a mask??
hypocrisy you have found a home

We are not going to get into the debate about the efficacy of masks. Yes, it would probably be better and safer for everyone if you had to wear masks indoors on daytime attractions. There is a reason Disney is doing it. In haunted houses, it would be especially helpful because you are in extended close proximity to other guests and performers. It's not a big ask for someone to put on a mask for the three to four minutes it takes to walk through a maze.

We are not going to get into the debate about the efficacy of masks. Yes, it would probably be better and safer for everyone if you had to wear masks indoors on daytime attractions. There is a reason Disney is doing it. In haunted houses, it would be especially helpful because you are in extended close proximity to other guests and performers. It's not a big ask for someone to put on a mask for the three to four minutes it takes to walk through a maze.
and that would be fine if they even appeared to actually have a plan that makes sense.
announce masks on all the rides, whatever.
its the "you need a mask here but not there", "we require plexiglass here but not there", "every study under the sun says plexiglass is actually detrimental" crap that makes no logical sense.
its really all arbitrary, which leads people with slightest bit of common sense to assume its all theater, and get frustrated.
at least give me a story that i cant blow holes through in the first 1.5 seconds.