Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I dunno about you guys, but I'm gonna have a great time at HHN with my friends. Screaming about plexi which is obviously here to stay for now, and then repeatedly stating how HHN 30 is gonna suck super hard because the actors are wearing masks during a pandemic which the country we lived in responded to like it was a joke and then a completely new variant formed sowowwhowouldhaveguessedwe'dstillbedealingwithcovidlikeitjuststartedhahahhahaah is honestly just getting completely ridiculous.

The scareactors that have to deal with the wear and tear and exhaustion of the masks and everything, you guys are soldiers and I seriously wish it didn't have to be this way. Thank you all for trying to put on an event for us that we can enjoy. I've scare acted before and it's super hard even before a pandemic. Mad respect always.

Again, I get that this is a public forum and we all get to voice our opinions but the constant clamoring and screaming about things that are already said and done is getting me close to ripping my hairs out

I dunno about you guys, but I'm gonna have a great time at HHN with my friends. Screaming about plexi which is obviously here to stay for now, and then repeatedly stating how HHN 30 is gonna suck super hard because the actors are wearing masks during a pandemic which the country we lived in responded to like it was a joke and then a completely new variant formed is honestly just getting completely ridiculous.

The scareactors that have to deal with the wear and tear and exhaustion of the masks and everything, you guys are soldiers and I seriously wish it didn't have to be this way. Thank you all for trying to put on an event for us that we can enjoy. I've scare acted before and it's super hard even before a pandemic. Mad respect always.

Again, I get that this is a public forum and we all get to voice our opinions but the constant clamoring and screaming about things that are already said and done is getting me close to ripping my hairs out
Thank you. might be time for the mods to step in and kibosh the plexi talk. everyone has had time to kvetch, it's getting old.

Agreed. I know we had new information leak out that gave us more to discuss re: plexi, but I'm not sure there's much else we can say on the subject until we see how it looks in-person. People are allowed to be frustrated - I'm certainly one of those people - but we are talking in circles about a rapidly changing situation. Let's table it until we've seen it.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm gonna have a great time at HHN with my friends. Screaming about plexi which is obviously here to stay for now, and then repeatedly stating how HHN 30 is gonna suck super hard because the actors are wearing masks during a pandemic which the country we lived in responded to like it was a joke and then a completely new variant formed sowowwhowouldhaveguessedwe'dstillbedealingwithcovidlikeitjuststartedhahahhahaah is honestly just getting completely ridiculous.

Agreed. I plan on making the most out of the event and will go with the flow. What's most important is we're getting an event this year and that in and of itself is amazing.

Let's go!

Though, I'm probably just going to watch a video on it and instead do Stay and Scream in the park to get a head start on houses. I've only got one night, gotta make the most of it.
It’s the 30 years 30 fears scarezone not the opening scareomony

Reactions: Grabnar
Last edited by a moderator:
HHN 30:

“Celebrating 10 Years of the Same Archway Decorations™“

Not trying to single this one comment out, just generally speaking on the state of it all, it’s just like…between complaining about the decor, the plexi, the curtains, the masks, do y’all even care anymore that we’re getting a HHN at all this year?? Would you rather they just cancelled it again? I get that there are frustrations over the choices that were made this year, but, we’re a week away from something most people here have been pining for since 2019. Yes, it’s gonna be different but the world is different and we’ve all had to adapt to everything else so we’ll have to adapt to this too, and if it’s something that you’re that vehemently against then the best possible way I can think of boycotting it is keeping your card in your wallet and staying home. For everyone else that still wants to give it a shot, see ya in the fog…

PaIojhn.gif

Not trying to single this one comment out, just generally speaking on the state of it all, it’s just like…between complaining about the decor, the plexi, the curtains, the masks, do y’all even care anymore that we’re getting a HHN at all this year?? Would you rather they just cancelled it again? I get that there are frustrations over the choices that were made this year, but, we’re a week away from something most people here have been pining for since 2019. Yes, it’s gonna be different but the world is different and we’ve all had to adapt to everything else so we’ll have to adapt to this too, and if it’s something that you’re that vehemently against then the best possible way I can think of boycotting it is keeping your card in your wallet and staying home. For everyone else that still wants to give it a shot, see ya in the fog…

PaIojhn.gif

Let's not also overlook all of the things that they've stepped up the quality in. The theming of food stands, the (assumed) quality of the food and drink selection, the extra work that it looks like they're putting into the scarzones, the rumored plussing of at least two houses, the breadth of new merch options...

PaIojhn.gif
I see, so only happy comments are going to be allowed going forward?
hey, if that's the kind of site you want, then just make it known.

hey, do you think that 90% of the general population that are planning to go to HHN know anything
about how the event will be supremely different this year due to these arbitrary measures that
are going to be put in place?
i bet not.
hey, why doesnt universal just come right out on the HHN website and state how things are going to be?
oh i know they have that big general disclaimer on the site, but that doesnt really tell people anything
other than 'we are universal, we will do what we will do, we wont tell you but you will live with it'.
why not be honest?
maybe because some people will do exactly what you just recommended - not go.

and yes, making the event into a halloween museum (everything behind plastic sheeting),
which every study in the world says is actually detrimental, is in my opinion arbitrary