Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not trying to single this one comment out, just generally speaking on the state of it all, it’s just like…between complaining about the decor, the plexi, the curtains, the masks, do y’all even care anymore that we’re getting a HHN at all this year?? Would you rather they just cancelled it again? I get that there are frustrations over the choices that were made this year, but, we’re a week away from something most people here have been pining for since 2019. Yes, it’s gonna be different but the world is different and we’ve all had to adapt to everything else so we’ll have to adapt to this too, and if it’s something that you’re that vehemently against then the best possible way I can think of boycotting it is keeping your card in your wallet and staying home. For everyone else that still wants to give it a shot, see ya in the fog…

PaIojhn.gif

Woah woah woah~ hop off buddy. Pretty sure this is my first complaint? I’ve maybe posted once in this thread. People can share their opinions.

These decorations are like the Castle float.

HHN 30:

“Celebrating 10 Years of the Same Archway Decorations™“

MNSSHP had the same Mickey and Minnie pumpkins for like 20 years, Still got a kick out of seeing them every year.

If your enjoyment of the event hinges on the outside decor--especially when it's still visually strking, just the same basic, pragmatic design--I really don't know what to tell you.

especially when it's still visually strking, just the same basic, pragmatic design

To play Devil's advocate...I think calling some posters put up over chain link "visually striking" is being a bit generous. It is what it is.

The arches used to be the main introduction to HHN in past years. Those years are long gone, and the opening zone is now used as that "hit them over the head moment", especially this year with what we saw posted last night.

I think the arches made sense when you were entering a thematically-linked world during your visit, like a carnival, a movie theatre, or a world of shattered reflections.

Now that the thematic ties are more or less contained within each experience, with no larger lore looping each house together, I think there is less incentive to establish the world up front any longer.

Though I believe it IS reasonable to have expected something bigger this year, considering the way that Icons, Legendary Truth, and sCarey, as well as Gorewood and the opening street, seem to have a spiritual link this year.

Not sure what this says about demand, but the RIP tour I booked for $300 a month ago now costs $350.

One thing that’s different about the tour is I was told on the phone that it leaves from the front VIP gate rather than Cafe La Bamba. Apparently it’ll still be available as a rest stop but sounds like it’ll be de-emphasized this year.

I don’t really think it’s fair to complain about not being happy with the arch. In a year like this year everything seems to be bigger then ever. And then the entrance is still just the same it’s been for the past however many years. It still looks good but it’s also ok to want something more new and original

I see, so only happy comments are going to be allowed going forward?
hey, if that's the kind of site you want, then just make it known.

hey, do you think that 90% of the general population that are planning to go to HHN know anything
about how the event will be supremely different this year due to these arbitrary measures that
are going to be put in place?
i bet not.
hey, why doesnt universal just come right out on the HHN website and state how things are going to be?
oh i know they have that big general disclaimer on the site, but that doesnt really tell people anything
other than 'we are universal, we will do what we will do, we wont tell you but you will live with it'.
why not be honest?
maybe because some people will do exactly what you just recommended - not go.

and yes, making the event into a halloween museum (everything behind plastic sheeting),
which every study in the world says is actually detrimental, is in my opinion arbitrary

You’re absolutely fine in thinking whatever you want, and, again, I get the complaints about it—but if this really is such an awful thing for you why not skip it this year?? You don’t have to waste your money on a “Halloween museum” if you don’t want to.

Woah woah woah~ hop off buddy. Pretty sure this is my first complaint? I’ve maybe posted once in this thread. People can share their opinions.

These decorations are like the Castle float.

Once again, I wasn’t trying to single you out (hop off buddy???) I was speaking more so generally on how it seems like no matter what gets posted here, nobody’s ever satisfied. Even when I think things will go relatively smoothly, this thread finds *always* finds something new to be upset about.

L
You’re absolutely fine in thinking whatever you want, and, again, I get the complaints about it—but if this really is such an awful thing for you why not skip it this year?? You don’t have to waste your money on a “Halloween museum” if you don’t want to.

Once again, I wasn’t trying to single you out (hop off buddy???) I was speaking more so generally on how it seems like no matter what gets posted here, nobody’s ever satisfied. Even when I think things will go relatively smoothly, this thread finds *always* finds something new to be upset about.

I’m sorry either the moderators are going to allow both sides of the argument or stop the Plexi conversation. I thought one of the other moderators said we should drop the Plexi conversation-all together. I’m not attacking you I just think it’s kind of inappropriate for a moderator to tell a fan to stop complaining and not go to the event.
There are legitimate safety concerns about the Plexi.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I was speaking more so generally on how it seems like no matter what gets posted here, nobody’s ever satisfied. Even when I think things will go relatively smoothly, this thread finds *always* finds something new to be upset about.
Now I'm upset that people are upset! (Kidding)

I can't wait to go down to HHN, regardless of what they put in place because regardless of their ops, its still the best event around IMO vs my local stuff. Food looks like it's stepped up, 10 different houses, having something different than AoV (I loved their first show but the rest petered out for me), and each themed food stand has a different cocktail with 0 appearances of Circus Peanut. This is my Super Bowl.

Do I wish they were more transparent about security ops? Yes, but from what we've heard, it's been so up in the air (no pun intended), it would be frustrating to non-diehard guest planning if official info changed every 48 hours. Be prepared for the worst have a mask and see what is required when you're there or check in once the event goes live.

If people think it's terrible or unsafe, please do not go and endanger yourselves. If it's within your risk tolerance, be careful and make the best of it.

Reactions: Allison
Then put your money where your "legitimate safety concerns" are and don't go. That'll sure show em!
Dude you should have been blocked a long time back. Your attacking everyone that doesn’t agree with you. I’m presenting a different side of the argument. I’m not attacking people. Why don’t you ask some of the actors how tough it is in the houses? See how serious this is.

Reactions: Spooky Isle
You guys need to chill and relax on the forum tough guy/girl back and forth.

Bottom line, either go and have fun, or don't go and have fun. It seems like for everything good the comes out the consensus be like:

"the tribute store is beautiful", then we get an adverse obligatory complaint "but where's beetlejuice?!"

"Yay I'm happy to see the archway!!" ..."But its the same design again!"

Guys, the lighting package for the entrance way always add a lot to it thematically as well, so people need to hop off their soap boxes, chill, lay back, HAVE A DRINK, and enjoy the event for what it is and what it will be. Some of these changes may be permanent for the future going forward. Life is WAAAAY too short to complain about things that at the end of the day don't affect your overall experience.

You look at the archway for exactly 2 minutes and walk in. You walk by a boo hole for exactly 2 SECONDS and keep going.

Don't want to stifle opinion, but I feel like I'm in a room of people yelling at the top of their lungs cause they want their complaint heard. Here's mine, and like I tell my 4 and 5 year old, STOP WHINING!!!

*rant over*

Last edited:
This is me just by myself. Maybe that's why I deal with depression all the time...

Life is about taking the smallest of moments and cherishing for what they are. Dealt with a lot of people who've gone through it, and at the end of the day your happiness is what should matter.

Halloween is less than 2 months away, that should fill us all up with a ray of sunshine, or dark ominous clouds lol

Complaints about the archway are stupid. They haven’t done a “themed” entrance in a decade but, for some reason, people are always disappointed when it’s not themed. I don’t understand why expectations haven’t changed on it. Universal spends the money inside the park.