Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Correct. More “open” scenes cannot support plexi because they can’t mount the plexi to anything. It is very likely those scenes will have scareactor wearing Covid masks (especially if they would be a “face” character).
Yeppers. I BELIEVE masks are supposedly optional, but from what I've heard pretty much all of the out in the open characters are still masked up

I’m just here to confirm that plexi is indeed not on all of the booholes but it does indeed suck. There is literally no rhyme or reason behind which scares received the plexi and which scares did not. I can also confirm first hand that it does indeed ruin the scare and in some cases the actors can’t even see the guest flow. I know this because I am one of those cases. We are not happy, but are being told it’s here to stay.
Is there any possibility that the plexiglass is removed at some point during the event (For example, if cases drops or guest satisfaction levels are bad)?

I would assume that Haunting of Hill House would be the one with the most safety precautions, and probably the one to remain with them throughout the event? You don't want Netflix pulling out at the last minute, especially if you want to keep them as a partner.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I would assume that Haunting of Hill House would be the one with the most safety precautions, and probably the one to remain with them throughout the event? You don't want Netflix pulling out at the last minute, especially if you want to keep them as a partner.
I presume that Netflix is a potential reason for these precautions in general, especially after the dominoes that fell last July.

So the latest news on the plexiglass is that it’s in some places and some not? I’ve heard so many different things like it’s not there and that it is completely there. Is there any latest update?

So the latest news on the plexiglass is that it’s in some places and some not? I’ve heard so many different things like it’s not there and that it is completely there. Is there any latest update?

|
v

I’m just here to confirm that plexi is indeed not on all of the booholes but it does indeed suck. There is literally no rhyme or reason behind which scares received the plexi and which scares did not. I can also confirm first hand that it does indeed ruin the scare and in some cases the actors can’t even see the guest flow. I know this because I am one of those cases. We are not happy, but are being told it’s here to stay.
FWIW, the scare actors I talk to said about a 70/30 split favoring plexi, whatever that means to you. From what I understand the only scares that don’t have plexi are the ones that physically aren’t able to fit it thanks to how they were built or whatever. I heard about a few specifically in Wicked Growth
Correct. More “open” scenes cannot support plexi because they can’t mount the plexi to anything. It is very likely those scenes will have scareactor wearing Covid masks (especially if they would be a “face” character).

My advice? Step away and let people who have stakes and can actually influence things take charge. This is the problem with always being so close to the news.

Agreed, there's definitely situations where a change is possible, right now on the forums is not gonna' be that spot for it. Now I still maintain next week/opening weekend is gonna' be interesting, but for now we just have to wait.

Also in more official news which I don't see posted on here, both FatF: Supercharged and the Simpsons Ride are not on the list of attractions that'll be open this year.

Also in more official news which I don't see posted on here, both FatF: Supercharged and the Simpsons Ride are not on the list of attractions that'll be open this year.
I wonder if that’s a staffing issues decision. Although they are two of my least favorite rides — so I’m personally not all that upset. Altho I do acknowledge they being open would help with crowd spread.

My advice? Step away and let people who have stakes and can actually influence things take charge. This is the problem with always being so close to the news.

So it's possible that they change things if opening weekend goes...as it could? Fingers crossed.

I wonder if that’s a staffing issues decision. Although they are two of my least favorite rides — so I’m personally not all that upset. Altho I do acknowledge they being open would help with crowd spread.

Eh, probably not a lot of guests eaten up with the locals-heavy crowd the event is going to pull this September. Come Hell Week in October they may be missed, but maybe they can suddenly open if projections warrant it.

Reactions: reeseyNG