Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 228 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a dumb question, but how do people get the information to make the speculation maps? And how accurate have the speculation maps been in the past?

Not necessarily new here, just never been deep enough in the speculation scene to know the answers to those questions.

Maybe a dumb question, but how do people get the information to make the speculation maps? And how accurate have the speculation maps been in the past?

Not necessarily new here, just never been deep enough in the speculation scene to know the answers to those questions.

The answer is pretty simple yet vague, they know folks on the inside in some capacity. Sometimes they have to do a little figuring out from what info is given to them.

Either way, the speculation maps from HHNightmares are the most reliable of the spec maps out there. They do update the maps regularly when new info or the info they have becomes more clear. House-wise, everything but the Shrek house is pretty much locked in. Especially for BoF, Tooth Fairy and Beetlejuice as all three have opened in some capacity last year. Can also say the same for Puppet Theater since that was leaked by Uni/Peacock a while back.

I'd be expecting another update to the map eventually, especially since there's a chance the Shrek house might actually be Halloween Kills instead. Something that's no real fault of the insiders since it was generally accepted that the new trilogy was off-limits...so much to the surprise of everyone when the trailer for HK showed the masks from Halloween III.

The answer is pretty simple yet vague, they know folks on the inside in some capacity. Sometimes they have to do a little figuring out from what info is given to them.

Either way, the speculation maps from HHNightmares are the most reliable of the spec maps out there. They do update the maps regularly when new info or the info they have becomes more clear. House-wise, everything but the Shrek house is pretty much locked in. Especially for BoF, Tooth Fairy and Beetlejuice as all three have opened in some capacity last year. Can also say the same for Puppet Theater since that was leaked by Uni/Peacock a while back.

I'd be expecting another update to the map eventually, especially since there's a chance the Shrek house might actually be Halloween Kills instead. Something that's no real fault of the insiders since it was generally accepted that the new trilogy was off-limits...so much to the surprise of everyone when the trailer for HK showed the masks from Halloween III.
The HK trailer having the H3 masks featured in it was a huge shocker for me personally, but in a good way.

I know a lot of people have said that the new trilogy was off limits house wise for whatever reason, but maybe because of the pandemic, economics made the parties return to the negotiating table? Maybe it doesn’t also hurt that this franchise is now a Jason Blum / Blumhouse production release either and creative has worked with him in the past for other houses based on movies produced by him?

I know a lot of people have said that the new trilogy was off limits house wise for whatever reason, but maybe because of the pandemic, economics made the parties return to the negotiating table? Maybe it doesn’t also hurt that this franchise is now a Jason Blum / Blumhouse production release either and creative has worked with him in the past for other houses based on movies produced by him?

Blumhouse is definitely an aid, since I do think they're on good terms with Orlando's creative team. But even with that, it didn't get HHN a house of Halloween 2018, and there's no doubt they've would've done so in either 28 or 29. The roadblock is the other companies which have their hands in it, such as Disney via Miramax. It's just like with any franchise that's part of Fox, the house of mouse ain't gonna' play ball....or so we thought.

As mentioned before, the pandemic was rough on everyone. So hopefully compromises were made regarding Halloween.

I was at Universal last night* and I was talking to an employee in the Jurassic World tribute store and we both agree the treats will be on a whole new level this year at HHN. I can't wait!

*A rainy Saturday night two hours before close is the best time to go. The Mummy single rider line was a walk-on with literally no wait.

I was at Universal last night* and I was talking to an employee in the Jurassic World tribute store and we both agree the treats will be on a whole new level this year at HHN. I can't wait!

*A rainy Saturday night two hours before close is the best time to go. The Mummy single rider line was a walk-on with literally no wait.
I totally forgot about the HHN Tribute Store...Ironically it started for HHN

I'm looking forward to seeing if it will change or use elements from last year

As more people get involved with the event more and more opportunities for info to slip out. Plus some houses are completed very very early (especially the tents) so sometimes TMs see stuff themselves. Almost no info comes from those in UO Entertainment, it's almost always 3rd parties and those further down the line.

Those delicious brownies must be there in some form.

I remember a while back there was talks of a few houses getting plussed. Do we know which they would of been and what kind of improvements there would be?

Last I recall reading, there were two houses being plussed, with one of them being "extra plussed".

I imagine the two that were open last year...i.e. Tooth and Bride

Beetlejuice is rumored to be the plussed house. (By all accounts, it seemed unfinished compared to TF and BoF.)
SCarey is rumored to be the extra plussed house.

Beetlejuice is rumored to be the plussed house. (By all accounts, it seemed unfinished compared to TF and BoF.)
SCarey is rumored to be the extra plussed house.
Surprisingly I missed Beetlejuice's one day of operations :tease:

However, that's great to hear...as far as SCarey...that's also very exciting...I'm sure they're trying to fit in our favorite clown

Reactions: RevFreako
“Plussing up” is also something that we have no context for within the realm of HHN. It’s not something they’ve “done” before. For example, SCarey has never opened. If it gets “plussed-up,” guests have no frame of reference for what was added or not.

Also, a lot of people have suggested Beetlejuice wasn’t finished because of how sparse the opening scene was it. It WAS finished. The parade buildings are typically done around the time they start the Shrek build and Beetlejuice was no different. The opening scene you saw was the opening scene they planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.